Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1096   ^
Old Mon, Jan-29-18, 20:53

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey all- Still..... Dang what is today??????? Funny I alway start off my post with the day- ask me now? Hell I have been writing for 3 solid days. LET ME JUST SAY : - my fingers and brain are over for recouping- no edits here tonight- just not.

Leeann- So yes I think we were cross posting! HAHAHAHA-JAZ silent PLEASE!!!!
So yes my brain is growing 3 sizes as the Grinch (Seuss, 1980?) would say! look for Seuss references at bottom!!!! HAHAHAH

The Best Buy ever- the co- work with the Dell laptop was a bust. She took it to have it looked at lt night because I said I wanted it. She brought it to work BEFORE she had the report back.
So I said- hey- dam thing weighed 500 pounds, let fire it up- goes what- didn't want to boot anything, round circles.

So a few hours later she forwards the report from the look over. the thing I full of viruses and malware and needs a total gut repair. I politely backed out. Stuck my money back in my pocket and that was that.

Meanwhile back on the writing range- my MAC seems t now be JUST FINE- and running on point! - So there ya have it.

Nothing but writing again today- the condo I was t look at took itself off the market.
Wrote some more-
Did some work at work-
Wrote some more, and more and more. The trick is to stay ahead- OMG if ya ever get behind it's over. Fast faster and kickass fast.

Lori- I left off with you- hope you are well. How is the sister? How was boot camp?

Trig- email- got it- keep us posted. (((((HUGS))))))) Sounds like a trip is needed when this is over

Blue- you eating spaghetti, wearing Chanel 5 and well........... having dessert!? HAHAHAHAHAHAAH
-----------------------------------
Flu here is no joke- entire families are dying. they are setting up MASH tents outside of the hospitals here. I am so concerned! OK- Scared shitless- WTF....... the stories they are doing here is mind blowing people just dropping dead.

The conspirator in me says ....HUMMMMMMMMMM really Flu?????

Ok- I gotta put this head down
Sponsored Links
  #1097   ^
Old Mon, Jan-29-18, 21:52

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---I can't do the "medical issue" novels, as they stir up my white coat anxiety and scare me more than any thriller ever does. But Born to Crime sounds right up my alley, different and interesting. Like you I like to read a wide variety of things. Will let you know what I thought of it, and will be interested in your thoughts as well, as I'm sure you don't want to say till I've read it.

Had to giggle about all the chatting you did today, as I know that's not your cup of tea---although you are an excellent, fun and witty chatter here. Still, sometimes there's nothing like a good phone confab. Had one myself the other night w/a friend who lives on the other side of the city, and so we just don't see each other often enough. An hour and a half on the phone we were, and it was worth every minute of it. Caught up, laughed our butts off about some stuff, and boy did I need that.

Jaz---Glad the Mac is up and running, and yeah, good U turn on that Dell! Also, SO AGREE w/you that you just gotta keep going and not get behind, or you really will drown in it. When I was much busier at work this was my experience too. Procrastination will really bite you in the butt.

I think you will adjust to this, as certain rusty skills get honed, and the pace becomes "normal." But it is true Imo, that writing really takes a lot of brain power in so many ways...from organizing your thoughts, researching if necessary, then putting it all into words, revising, correcting punctuation and spelling...it's a lot!

When I taught writing for a couple of semesters at a local college, I always started the semester by bringing in sub sandwiches for my students. Yeah, they sure liked that, but there was a point behind this besides trying to be liked by my students from the get go. EVERY piece of "formal" writing is like a sandwich. 3 parts. The top piece of bread---the intro, where you set out what you will explore in the piece. The middle---the stuffing, where you support what you set out in the intro with examples and facts. And the bottom piece of bread---the summary, where you pull it together and conclude by re-inforcing your message.

It was amazing how this seemed to demystify writing a paper for so many students. Then we moved from there to how to create a more in depth outline from that basic sandwich. So many think an outline is just more work, but I'm a big believer in outlines. It's the organizer of thoughts and substance. Then you just fill in with the writing, which I actually enjoy IF my thoughts are already organized.

Anyway, I'm babbling about a subject close to my heart. Hope it's helpful, but if not, throw that sandwich out the window.

Lori---Yeah, that's what I was finding too---just too much volume, even if it was LC. AND the fact that absolutely, the first time I eat/chew, seems to set me up for wanting to do more of it, sooner. That said, I don't do hunger. Ever. That's the great thing about the protein shakes for me, they swallow the hunger for a good bit of time.

Trigger--- , thinking of you, and HUGS to you.

K-mom---I'll just never get over the joy you take in your SD, and the generosity of your love for her. But then, I've met her, and it didn't take much time to see how lovable she is. There really are no words for the gift you have given her, and for the way that gift you gave/give, gives back to you. It's really such a lovely story...and I have so enjoyed you sharing it w/us.

Monday water: 3/3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posting later because just home from meeting a pal out for dinner. It was a planned treat night for me, and I enjoyed it. No hog wilder, but y'all know it included French fries. 0 carbs till dinner, just a big protein shake. Also, we met at a cozy little bar, and dinner was cheap. It's all good.

Will snap back on plan tomorrow for another 7 to 10 days. Will get back on the scale in about 3 more days, and see if I've maintained the loss I had last time, about 2 weeks ago.

Last edited by Blue52 : Mon, Jan-29-18 at 22:04.
  #1098   ^
Old Tue, Jan-30-18, 05:09

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Had a great night's sleep.....thank goodness. I was one tired & hurting pup last night. Boot camp was brutal in the morning and then I got to work to find I had a lot of boxes to unpack of stuff that goes in my "area". Not difficult, but lots of lifting, breaking down cardboard boxes etc. Then I was helping the manager take security tags off of unsold items that we are sending back etc.

Anyway, till I got home, my upper back was in spasm. It would almost put me to the floor when it hit. It was right across my back at the bra line. Thank goodness that stopped when I went to bed and I was able to sleep. All seems well this morning, just a little achy.

Another long day today and then I have off till next Monday. I have a little surgical procedure on Thursday morning at the Dermatologist and then nothing else planned for the weekend.

Jaz......glad your Mac seems to be working well now. Glad you didn't buy that Dell since it was full of malware etc. What a mess! You are so smart to stay ahead on your writing assignments. Talk about stress trying to get caught up! This flu is scary. Every time DH sneezes, I say "Are you getting sick, do you feel ok?"

Blue...sounds like you had a nice evening out. My favorite kind of place, a cozy bar setting with good, inexpensive food. Fun!

Nic...glad DH got home and you were able to get caught up. Your meals plans for the week sound awesome. I have to come up with something for meals for DH. I'll go to the market tomorrow and try to get inspired. I won't get home until 6 tonight, so DH is in charge of making us burgers. Easy. Last night we got Chinese food. I had shrimp with broccoli. So good, but it sure makes the scale go up! I didn't eat any rice, but it had a garlic sauce on it that had carbs, I'm sure.

Trig...thinking of you and all you're going thru. It sure is not easy. It is so wonderful that your Mom is doing so well. What a blessing.

Ok...time for another cup of coffee before I start getting ready for work. We are having a bit of snow this morning, so I have to leave a few minutes early. I travel main roads, so I shouldn't have any trouble.

"See" you soon!
  #1099   ^
Old Tue, Jan-30-18, 05:40

BF:

Blue- you will find this amusing. So my "big" paper was on the process of writing a scholarly paper. So literally I had to write out the "sandwich" (Blue, 2018) Do you know APA? You are SO SO SO SO CORRECT that getting behind it's hard to dig back out.

Is the hubby home yet? - lucky for you that those shakes are working so well for you!!!!!!! -I like them too. I just don't tolerate them day after day. But maybe a couple times a week. Back up on the horse lady!!

Leeann- Chatty Kathy huh? - I don't see you as an introvert. Maybe I am wrong about that. You always seem to be in a sea of people, even in your home. You have your fingers in tons of activities!
Speaking of- are you still doing MOW?
How is the Y working out for you? -

Lori- How are you doing?- boot camp this morning? Did you ever recover from your sprain? I find it true - use it or lose it. I find I had "lost it" long ago, flexibility. I would REALLY love to carve out some stretch time.

Kmom- Do you still have the SD? How was her weekend? DETAILS DETAILS!!! - Water? It sucks for me! Working on it.

Trig- I will take yours off line- - Hugs!!!!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Short write here. Again I am running short on time. Story of my life of late. TIME- TICK TOCK! - Boy that is an anxiety provoking sentence.
Speaking of- I got a JURY Summons! Seriously!!!!!?????? NOW????? Any other time would be very interesting actually. But NOW? NO. - But I will fill out the form and send it in. God forbid I become a criminal for not filling out a form!!!!

Chicken salad- I made/ "sloppy Joe"- dinner- DONE!

Great day!
  #1100   ^
Old Tue, Jan-30-18, 08:13

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- Sounds like you managed to get out of what would be a big issue with the PC laptop. Glad your Mac is working better for you now and hopefully you will have no further issues with it.

Re: the Flu.. I'm not sure what I think about all the alarming news reports etc. I am not a fan of flu shots personally and don't get them, to each their own. I don't feel like I see enough proof that they are that effective to be worth having something injected annually into my body. The one vaccine that I *do* plan to get as soon as I turn 50 is the shingles vaccine.

I am a combo of introvert and extravert, in that I enjoy people but need my space and time. If I don't get it, I will ultimately freak out and melt down. I've learned to respect that and structure down time before and after gatherings etc.

Blue- I hear you about the white coat anxiety thing as I have it also. This particular author does not affect me in that way but you know what you can tolerate and what you cannot! I will say that Still Alice was one of the best books I have read, as well as The Glass Castle.

I just finished a galley book about OCD that was not so great. Not sure what I am about to read next on the Kindle. Right now in regular book form I am reading a children's book that an author friend recommended to me.. her husband is writing a similar type of book.

Glad you had a good convo with your friend on the phone AND that you had a good dinner out and conversation with another friend last night. Friends are so important!! Does DH come home tonight?

Lori- Bless your heart! I hope your back is okay today and that your long work hours don't stress it too much. At least you are off then until next Monday.

••••••••••••

Well, I managed to get the book club date wrong, it is actually NEXT Monday.. it was the kid one that was last night. I had read that book also (lol) but didn't stay. I was glad DH went ahead and took DS to his lessons so I could just chill out.

We got the stupidest two hour delay ever today; I swear I don't know what our county is thinking this year-- maybe they know we are not getting much snow this year and so they are throwing the kids a bone or something?! Anyway, it was really too bad, because DS was supposed to go on the field trip for his AP History class to the National Holocaust Museum, which is really incredible and powerful. Not sure if they will reschedule it but I certainly hope so. If not I will take him myself.

Meeting with his advisor today just to go over class selection for next year, then on to the Y to get my workout in. Not really in the mood but I'll be glad I went once I go. That's the way that works, after all. Then dropping the dogs off at 2:30 for a bath and nail clipping.

Will either do Korean meatballs tonight or do leftovers; likely will go ahead and do the meatballs since I have the time this evening. Tomorrow night I am out to dinner with my Bunco gals, so the menfolk can eat leftovers then.

Have a good day!
  #1101   ^
Old Tue, Jan-30-18, 08:14

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

hey guys thanks for the well wishes and appreciate it

just need some more time before I can jump in and get back to normal

all good on my end, holding my eating now and doing well and got some other news to tell ya some good and some bad......and with that I will leave ya hanging HA HA

chat later and hope everyone is doing great!!
  #1102   ^
Old Tue, Jan-30-18, 19:54

BF:
Progress:

Hi gals.

Quick in and out for me tonight. Hubby due home about 11PM. I have been cleaning and changing sheets---I just want him to come home to a fresh, tidy house. Oh, and LOL, hiding all evidence of all the things I freely did when he was gone that would have irritated the hell out of him. He's the finicky and I'm the flakey. And I must say, the silver lining in his long trip away was a whole 10 days w/out having to compromise on that.

But now, I just want him back, neener man and all. Felt like half of me was missing without his great humor that always makes me laugh at myself, and his forever kindness that bucks me up more than I can say.

I love that man! Heh, talk to me in a few days though.
  #1103   ^
Old Wed, Jan-31-18, 04:29

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Blue...hope hubby made it home safely. I'm sure you feel whole again now that he is back in residence! I know just how you feel.

Nothing new here. Had a rather boring day at work yesterday after the craziness of Monday. I'm glad to have today to do nothing. Decided against boot camp this morning as I felt like I needed the break. My back and shoulders are finally feeling better, so I'll go back tomorrow. I do have to make a grocery store run today, but that's the only thing on my agenda.

What are you all up to?
  #1104   ^
Old Wed, Jan-31-18, 04:33

BF:

TRIG- That is not nice to leave us dangling like that!!!!!!....So I going to guess that the Pork chop gave his notice??????? That would be sweetness! Lord knows you need some good news. You have had a rough year.
But you held steady true and steady on the WOE!
Hope things are improving with the family.

Blue- So Nic to have the hubby back I am sure! I love the fresh and tidy house! Most guys though don't care- he just wants to see you I am sure. So are you saying he is the tidy one? That is funny. when I was married- I was the tidy one and the ex was not. I mean really not.
Looking back- I should have not sweated the small stuff. Now I just hang. My son said my place defiantly looks like a singles pad! Whatever that means!

Lori- You are a busy gal these days! Glad you are back at boot camp. Brutal and all- it gives you a goal! Are you "training" yet for your 10K?

Leeann- You live near the National Holocaust Museum? Wow - It makes my skin prickle to even write that out. I don't know how I would react if I went to a place like that. I think I would need a box of tissues. What a horrible time and place in history. Let us never forget that! I bet it is powerful. Can't fathom that- living in a time like that.
Of course I grew up reading Anne Frank as a kid. Then I also read the story of Corrie Ten Boom. She was a fascinating person. The story was told by her sister who survived.

What do you like- about the Y- classes? Do you swim as well?

KMOM- resting up?- Hope you are well!
--------------------------------------------------
It's early and I have to be on the road by 6am- 2 hour drive for this conference.Gotta run- more later. When I am settled in my hotel room!
  #1105   ^
Old Wed, Jan-31-18, 07:28

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all!

Trig- You are a brat!!! I mean, I know you are going through some stuff over there, so I'll hug you first, but then I am calling you a brat!

Blue- Just awwwwww on your whole post. Loved it. Neener man!! You guys are a good balance and that is so important. I know you will be glad to be reunited.

Lori- Enjoy your quiet day today, Girl. After a couple of very long work days, you have more than earned it. Glad your back and shoulder are holding up okay.

Jaz- Yeah, well, we live near DC as you know, so we are near all the memorials, Smithsonians and other museums etc. The Holocaust Museum is just incredible. I went there years ago and it was so impactful. I will not forget that. They did reschedule (thankfully) and will be going on Thursday (tomorrow.)

At the Y right now I am doing 10 mins cardio, then the circuit weight machines, and then 10 more minutes cardio. Takes me about an hour, total. I do want to try the warm pool classes and the yoga classes but right now I'm just trying to get a rhythm going of actually showing up on a regular basis and establishing a baseline of fitness. I really hate aerobics type/loud classes.

•••••••••••••••

All is well here, on track and doing fine. Going out to dinner tonight for Restaurant Week with my Bunco friends and will do what I can with the menu, since options are fairly limited. I'll bring the dessert home for DS or else just skip it. I would bring it for DH but he is also limiting/losing weight and he is doing really well!

The crack slaw I made on Sunday has been pillaged and fully consumed. Argh! So much for having that as leftovers! Not sure what the men will do for dinner tonight then because I am not cooking them dinner before I go out to dinner. Tomorrow night I will do the Korean meatballs and then Friday I will thaw and cook up some fish I bought.

Today the cleaning crew is coming. While they are here I will go and do my CASA visit. I'm supposed to do lunch out tomorrow with a friend and I am trying to decide whether to keep that or change it, since I am eating out tonight already. We'll see.

Dogs got bathed and their nails trimmed and they smell good!

Cold here again today- it was 17 degrees at 8 AM.
  #1106   ^
Old Wed, Jan-31-18, 08:13

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

ah ha and I am still a brat cause I ain't telling just yet
Jazz, ya guessed wrong, it is something else LOL

Lori, I hear ya on a down day of doing nothing. I do nothing during winter mostly, but some days I want a down day even if I am winter bored. Winter is hibernate time, to move too much in this cold is just not natural HA

Jaz, sounds like you are doing well. Any good homes come up yet? You must be waiting for warm weather like me, our temps took a dive....everything is freezing here, left dog water bowl outside, block of ice I hate ice in the South LOL

Nicco, you are lucky you got the good smelling dogs! I have to make appt for my stinky critter for sure. Every time I want to set up appt big rain is coming like that and I hate to wash him and then he is wet dog smell the next day again, seems I can't win on it most times.

Blue, great post. Yea I need my side kick just like you do. I love when he goes off and hunts and I get rid of him but the come back from the trip is always wanted....and think of the stories he will be telling you! Will entertain you for sure for a while

KM, hope all is good!!

was going off to moms but cancelled. got sinus thing doing and will go in morning. just do not want to move.

tv in bedroom dying so hubby wants to shop in the next few days. The screen gets a blue line across top, then vertical crazy lines come down from that and kill the pic. OMG we can't function without the master bedroom tv LOL....so off to get a new one very soon. always something right? Saw commercial with Best Buy having tvs on sale so will check there, I need a great deal on one.

since home and not at mom's today and heading up there tomorrow, today will be sheets etc in this house. laundry and more laundry but what kills me is MIL is one person and yet she does 3x the laundry than me? what is up with that? Honestly!! I said to her, ALL the hoarded clothes have got to go and she says she might need them I said one person doesn't need moldy rat infested piles of clothes that are from the 70s and she said, oh yea I might. I tell ya guys, and I know you all get this, to TALK with someone who is polar opposite than you are, me being a minimalist and clean freak.....pull out the hair time.

So while this seems iffy, I am done. MIL can do whatever. I will NEVER offer any help to clean, advice to get organized or whatever again. Live and let live is my motto now. I wash my hands, literally and won't give it another thought. Either live decent or bear the brunt of how you do live. We tried so hard over all these years and now I am done..........and when Karen says she is done, oh yea you best best it is a guaranteed bet you will win, Karen is DONE! I told hubby I am done also and he said he is right behind me with a bit more leeway on this whole hoard crap and he still has hope but is losing it mostly now also. I said 'let it go' and just let it go cause she isn't changing and if you do make her change it will be a war and I ain't doing a war. I don't care what goes down now...........and ya know what, weight lifted off shoulders for me cause I am done with it and once I say done with it, it doesn't exist for me anymore Oh yea I can do just that in my brain LOL, so whatever future in the hoard house for MIL is just that, her future. I am out of it forever.

ok got that off my chest

Planning mom's 90th...according to bro Rich he is flying down that weekend and I planned dinner out etc for all of us and he says, mom wants to go to the casino on her b-day since he is coming! omg she is a gambling maniac LOL so dinner party off? Will have to see how it falls with everyone and the days he is here etc and how it gets fixed. Might just bring massive ribs, bbq chicken etc and balloons and party poppers to the house, along with some good booze for us kids--WINK--and just have a small party in the house......ugh will see how it goes.

ok off I go to get sinus meds and laundry happening.

everyone have a great day!!
  #1107   ^
Old Wed, Jan-31-18, 10:00

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi all!

Blue:
Your KISA is home. That is what you have called him a few times and it has stuck with me. So glad he completes you. You both are blessed. Post your water and I will try to catch up. Let's start with today and finish out this week, if you are game.

Jaz:
Ugh! Another conference. I always was surprised how tired I was after attending one all day. I initially was so excited to not have to teach and get a break from that, but then I realized it was just as hard, if not harder. I can't believe how much you need to write for your classes, but i take heart that at least you love writing...although maybe not for some of the requirements! Sorry I got behind on Water Hounds. Plan to start up strong today (Wednesday).

Lori:
Good decision to take the morning off and give the shoulder and back a break. Back at it tomorrow. Do you plan to stay with Dick's for a while. I am sure you have your groove there and know the routine, but is it something you want to continue doing for a while?

Nic:
I love that the family ate the Crack Slaw! My family loves the Chicken Lazone. Hope you can make it through the eating out tonight without any big problems. I was thinking this morning of bringing some riced cauliflower with me in my purse to add to my meal of meat and vegetables (when I go to a restaurant). It would only be warm and not hot, but I think it would help make the meal more complete to me. Well, really it is a vegetable too, but it looks like rice! Good job on going consistently to the Y. I think that is going to be a big part of your "new look" for the wedding! Slim and toned! Great two words.

Jaz:
I think your secret is that you won a contest and are getting FREE one of those tiny houses. You will be able to live your "minimalistic lifestyle" to the fullest. Only problem I could see...after looking at the pictures of the house you won...was where you were going to park the RV? It also came with a three person blow-up pool, so that will be good.

Me:
Too much going on. Finally a reprieve today. Nothing bad, just a ton of stuff that needed immediate attention. Here is an example...you know I am going on the cruise in July. Well, I need a passport. The one I have is from 2003 when I adopted SD. I knew it was only good for 10 years. BUT as I read up more about passports, I found out that you can do a RENEWAL up to 15 years from the date issued on the passport. WELL, would you believe mine was issued on February 11, 2003!!! So I hustled my buns and got everything in order and sent it off Priority Mail yesterday with 11 days so spare! Yikes!

Had three doctor visits Monday. CPAP...all is going well, regular doctor about back and bloodshot eye and other...and then the cardiologist. Nothing is changing as far as meds. Will evaluate in three months. She kept saying...PUSH past the tiredness and feeling lethargic. She really wants me to walk and also swim. She thinks I am not losing weight because of inactivity. One of you guys mentioned that also. So no more getting up and heading to the recliner and staring. Even though I feel very depleted and drained in the morning, she said to FIGHT IT.

Hoping to be on the treadmill in a couple of weeks. Need back to be stronger. Actually, most of the pain is now in my bottom and down my leg.

Need to get caught up on a ton of stuff today.

Oh, I got something really cool for my kids and their families for Valentine's Day. For the kids, I got a tub of popcorn from Harry and David. You get three different kinds in a cool tin. Free shipping all year because I joined a club. AND THEN...from Lyndt, I got each family a cool bag of 75 pieces of Lyndt/Lindor chocolate balls! The bag is huge!!! And guess what? You can custom design the kinds of chocolates and there are about 15 choices (maximum three kinds!!! One daughter wanted 25 milk chocolate balls, 25 white chocolate, and 25 caramel. I got my other kids the same mixture as I did not want to tell them about it...I wanted to surprise them. $22.00 for 75 of those balls, and free shipping!!!!! (to one address). Typically a small bag of those chocolates is 4.99 unless it is on sale.

So now the challenge is to not open the three bags I still have at my house. One will be sent next week with SD when she flies to Texas to visit her brother and family. The other two I will need to mail. I feel confident that I will not open the bags. They are firmly closed and one would notice it if they were open. So that is good.

Sorry to talk about chocolates, but I did not know if any of you needed a gift to give someone for Valentine's Day.

Off of chocolates and on to meat! I have a chuck roast (cut in chunks), in the crockpot! Added one jar of that special gravy I learned about here, and will cut up some celery and onion. I will need to look back at my notes from Trig. Can't remember if I am supposed to add any spices.

Off to do anything but sit in the recliner!

K-Mom 10x4
  #1108   ^
Old Wed, Jan-31-18, 10:05

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Lindt, not Lyndt. You can go to website if you are interested. Not sure if it still on sale or if it is still free shipping with 50.00 order.
  #1109   ^
Old Wed, Jan-31-18, 19:06

BF:

Ok al sleeping in hotel-
- jail- later when can explain= corporate crap= no ...... can't even get on school site=
Going to bed early

Miss my Bella- So much
back when have freedom
  #1110   ^
Old Wed, Jan-31-18, 19:32

BF:
Progress:

Hi gals.

Ms Cliffhanger: Good to see you back on the thread. Exactly how long are you going to dangle us with this good news/bad news secret?

I loved reading the paragraph about how you're done trying to change the MIL. I forgot she was a hoarder on top of everything else. OMG, that must just make the hair on your arms stand up. I've watched those hoarder shows a couple of times, and it's just so depressing. But I 100% agree w/you, she is who she is in all ways, and isn't going to change at this age. LOVE that you took it right off your shoulders and let it fly away. Nice the pork chop supports you in this.

We couldn't do w/out a TV in our bedroom either. We have a fireplace in our bedroom, and it is really lovely to throw on a few logs, and watch movies in bed on cold snowy night.

Nic---I'm trying to get inspired by your trips to the Y. We have one less than a mile from our house, and w/medicare, your membership is free. I just can't get myself to bust out of the house on cold days and go sweat somewhere and then come back into the cold.

Are you feeling a difference since you started doing this in terms of energy and the scale, or at least how you feel in your clothing? Do you find the exercise makes you hungry? This used to happen to me when I was the work out queen. About an hour later I was ravenous. But I didn't gain, because I built up so much muscle calorie burning strength. SIGH, those were the days!

Oh, and on "neener man" I'll just add that I sing this to hubby when he's irritating me with his neener stuff...to the tune of the Beatles "No Where Man." As in "Neener man please listen, Neener man, the wooooooorld is at your command." Bugs him, which is the exact point at that moment.

Jaz---Oh, that's so funny that your current assignment is on how to write a paper. That actually sounds fun to me. So far the assignments you've shared sound fun to me as a writer, but probably more fun to think about it than do it!

What's happening w/the real estate hunt? I really look forward to it when you share w/us what you're looking at. Hubby and I are not going to buy again, we're going to rent, which is a hunt of a whole different kind. But looking for the right "nest" is a daunting thing, and I enjoy sharing this with you.

Lori---I get that work as you describe it can tire you out, but man, I'd rather be active and moving any old day, as opposed to standing around trying to look busy, which is what much of retail is about. For me, keep me busy enough that I'm not watching the clock.

K-mom---Scratching head on the KISA thing? What is KISA? LOL, if this came from me, I sure don't remember it---nothing new there, but now you have me curious.

I like your doc's advice. Push through it. For different reasons, I need to do that in my own ways now. Energy begets energy, no matter the meds I think. Feels like your battle with A-Fib left you feeling a bit scared, sure would do so for me, and your default now is to give into the effects of it all, including the meds.

Again, always remember you can start so VERY small. Consistency is the thing. Like I said, just 5 minutes on your tread mill. Maybe you do that for a whole month or more, but my guess is your confidence in your ability to move will grow to 10 minutes before you know it. How about trying the tread mill for just a few minutes, despite your worries about your back and your knee? It will tell you fast if you've over stepped.

Wed water: 3/3. The usual. But at least I seem to be able to keep up with that. And then, again, I get some water from other sources. My deal w/myself, is three crisp cool pure big glasses of water a day. I'm Ok w/that for now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I pooped myself out in the personals, and often that's the way I like it.

Yes, hubby is home safe and sound, and I'm still loving that. He's being super sweet to me, and I to him. I give us another few days of this, then life back to normal. Which is for us, not perfect, but a great blessing in my life.

Oh, and on plan. And the beat goes on.

Last edited by Blue52 : Wed, Jan-31-18 at 19:39.
Closed Thread