Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-14, 08:14
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-

Jandy, I don't think the yogurt has enough protein and it also has carbs. I'd recommend some other protein source and have the yougurt and fruit as your carb.
Do you eat eggs/meat/fish/poultry? Much easier to make a CM or RM using those sources.

Tonight having the leftover Cornish game hens, salad, coleslaw, spinach and corn for my carb.

E
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-14, 09:07

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Very happy to say my weight this morning was 189.6 - haven't seen a 189+ in 9 days.

Of course, I slept late, so that is why..lol.

Last night had some brisket (7 oz., this is homemade smoked brisket - no sugars), large salad with my cm veggie (1 cup raw cauliflower) in it, and a handmade peanutbutter ice cream bar dipped in dark chocolate. Worth every calorie.
  #48   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-14, 09:40

Plan: Unsure
Stats: 165/165/000 Female 62 in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Jandy, I don't think the yogurt has enough protein and it also has carbs. I'd recommend some other protein source and have the yougurt and fruit as your carb.
Do you eat eggs/meat/fish/poultry? Much easier to make a CM or RM using those sources.

Tonight having the leftover Cornish game hens, salad, coleslaw, spinach and corn for my carb.

E

Yes, I do eat those. I will NOT use yogurt as my protein again. BIG mistake. Looking back to past times I realize that I always feel better after eating a "dense" protein.

Patriciakr, I was just reading your stats and noticed how much you have lost!

Last edited by Jandy01 : Fri, Jul-11-14 at 10:04.
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-14, 10:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandy01
Yes, I do eat those. I will NOT use yogurt as my protein again. BIG mistake. Looking back to past times I realize that I always feel better after eating a "dense" protein.

Patriciakr, I was just reading your stats and noticed how much you have lost!

Thank you. It took me years to get this right though, let me tell you. I finally committed 100% to this 3+ years ago, and here I am..heading towards goal

Never stop working to figure out what works for you.
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-14, 17:52

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciakr
Never stop working to figure out what works for you.

I might have to make this my new motto
  #51   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-14, 21:26

BF:

I have a question:

If you are eating out and there will be appetizers before the main meal how would you handle it? Let's say the appetizers are CM friendly would you start your 60 minutes from the time you eat the CM appetizer or from when you actually start eating the main meal that contains the high carb food?
  #52   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-14, 03:36

Quote:
I have a question:

If you are eating out and there will be appetizers before the main meal how would you handle it? Let's say the appetizers are CM friendly would you start your 60 minutes from the time you eat the CM appetizer or from when you actually start eating the main meal that contains the high carb food?

Clock starts with the first bite of food
  #53   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-14, 08:51

I am SO happy to report that after 13 days, I have another new one day low. 189.2 this morning! Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!
  #54   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-14, 13:08
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

YAY PAT!!!!

soooo great!

E
  #55   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-14, 13:30

BF:

I was over at Amazon looking at the Hellers' books. I have the Carbohydrate Addicts Diet (which is the only one my library owns).

I am curious is the Heart Healthy plan low-fat?

Patriciakr!!

My RM plan tonight is:
salad (spinach, kale, carrots, radishes, pumpkin seeds, ranch)
broccoli
oven wings -floured ( I measured once a long time ago and found that I only get about 1/2 Tbs of flour on each wing. I usually eat 2 or 3 wings. Do you think that reasonable?)
yogurt with granola (going to try it as my carb this time instead of my protein. We shall see what happens.)

I feel GREAT! This is GREAT! I feel in control of food for the first time in a long time.

Last edited by Jandy01 : Sat, Jul-12-14 at 14:44.
  #56   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-14, 19:44

BF:

I ended up skipping the broccoli
Added a peach to my yogurt and granola
It wasn't the best experience. Technically, I stayed with the plan but I know I ate too much of that granola/yogurt. I just wanted more and more. I think I will hold off on that for now. Will not try it again anytime soon.
  #57   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-14, 20:56

Quote:
I ended up skipping the broccoli
Added a peach to my yogurt and granola
It wasn't the best experience. Technically, I stayed with the plan but I know I ate too much of that granola/yogurt. I just wanted more and more. I think I will hold off on that for now. Will not try it again anytime soon.

I call those the "more more" foods, and I'm really careful with the ones on my list It's like you are mapping the landscape of foods that make you content, blow you up with cravings etc.
  #58   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-14, 11:14
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
the CAHHP book is an updated version of the CALP book, IMHO.
I don't do low fat AT ALL. I consider myself moderate fat- I eat butter, olive oil, and meat. Use only heavy cream or H&H. Only real cheese.

Had a nice dinner out last night- ordered duck breast and asked them to sub a green veggie for the mashed potato. They did not- server noticed and while I moved the mashed off my plate he brought me a second small plate of veggies! For carb had a glass of white wine and a 1" slice of focaccia dipped in olive oil. Then went to a birthday party and I had 2 bottles of water! YAY!

Tonight we are going to a friend's house because they are doing a triathalon next week and want to celebrate. so I am expecting a good healthy (for me) dinner. Might be carb heavy but it won't involve sugar or alcohol.

E
  #59   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-14, 12:28

BF:

Thanks Eno. I was looking in order to purchase a copy to keep when my time runs out with the library copy.

Would you suggest the CAHHP? Is it very different from CAD?

On another note:

I debated about telling my husband about this diet. He has been asking odd questions about my eating so I think he noticed something was different. He knows I have struggled with my weight and eating for a while.

It's not that I wanted to keep it a secret I just didn't know if he would understand. So this morning the conversation happened to be about diet and exercise. I went ahead and explained it to him. I told him that my body just doesn't function like his. He can eat half of a candy bar and save the other half for two days. I can't do that. I explained the science behind it according to the book. I then related it to something that he struggles with that I have no way of understanding because I don't have the same issue. I think he got it! I think he realized that it is not just a simple matter of will power for me.

He is always supportive when I want to improve my health so I have no doubt that he will support me 100%. I was just worried that he would think this diet was crazy. Now that he knows the why behind the plan I feel less nervous.

My RM today was (I had it for lunch) a hamburger with a bun, corn, a big ole salad with lots of crunchy veggies, Italian dressing, coffee with cream and 1 tsp sugar

I will probably have a small CM dinner of pork roast and some green veggies

Last edited by Jandy01 : Sun, Jul-13-14 at 12:43.
  #60   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-14, 13:10

Granted I slept way late, but my weight was 189.6 today, and that makes my best week, this past week, for seeing days in the 180s.

I expect a nice new average tomorrow.

My breakfast cm today: 2 slices nueske's smoked bacon (slight cheat as I don't think it's sugar free though nothing like brown sugar is listed), 2 romaine leaves, 1 tsp. mayo, 1 scallion, 1 baby bonbel cheese - made two roll-ups - blt's without the bread or tomato. 1 oz. half and half with my coffee. It's a light meal as I'm having a larger than usual rm later today.

Absolutely satisfying!