Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#241   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-13, 12:48
Registered Member

Plan: SB / CALP
Stats: 289/259/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 22%

I am so going to try this recipe , I LOVE coconut !

http://www.paleomusings.com/2012/10...d-chicken.html#
Sponsored Links
  #242   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-13, 16:30
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi-
Suze, I am so sorry your DH died. Please accept my thoughts and prayers sent your way.
  #243   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-13, 18:53
Registered Member

BF:

well today I started my 5K runnng program , it felt great !

cm- coffee with heavy cream
cm- cucumbers , celery , boccancini , chicken wings(baked ,plain but dipped in buffalo sauce)
RM- zuccini with broiled cherry tomatoes in EVOO , basil paste and garlic . pastaless eggplant lasagna , salad , 1 scoop rolo
cals 1590 , a little on the high side ......
  #244   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-13, 19:46

Plan: One meal a day CAD style!
Stats: 235/212/140 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 24%

Suze, glad to see your post and sorry about your recent loss of your husband and all the stress from moving. We have lived here almost 7 years and still have boxes to unpack! LOL

MIW
  #245   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-13, 22:24

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Hi Suze,
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your husband, please accept my condolences.

Re the meals - remember that cad/calp don't carb count..you don't have to. Just follow the list of cm veggies and other allowed items to compose your cms..is really easy then
  #246   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-13, 10:12

Plan: CAD/Gluten-free
Stats: 263/211/125 Female 62 inches (5'2")
BF:
Progress: 38%

Suze, I am very sorry for your loss. Prayers to you and yours and welcome back! Just a newbie here trying to become a regular
Well it was a hell of a night for me. The baby was awake every 15 minutes until 4am. then I had to be up at 8 latest to get ready to take my other daughter to therapy so I will probably end up eating very little and going to bed early. I didn't eat much yesterday..Today 237.2 so new low by just a few ounces but I am glad- it went pretty fast last week so I am glad to see myself stabilize. My goal is to get down to 235.8 by next Tuesday, so a 1.2ish loss? I have 2 more weeks to get to my goal of 233.8 by the end of the month so I need to lose 3.2 to get there.
My goal every month is to lose 10 lbs.
today's plan:
rm: enchilada, glass of chocolate milk, a handful of strawberries (on a strawberry kick lately)
cm: ? probably will only do one cm again- we will see.
soooo tired. ugg. too bad I don't like coffee!
  #247   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-13, 11:04

Plan: The Stress Eating Cure
Stats: 239.2/225/160 Female 5'6"
BF:48%/45%/33%
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyrose
..Today 237.2 so new low by just a few ounces but I am glad- it went pretty fast last week so I am glad to see myself stabilize. My goal is to get down to 235.8 by next Tuesday, so a 1.2ish loss? I have 2 more weeks to get to my goal of 233.8 by the end of the month so I need to lose 3.2 to get there.

Hey, an ounce is an ounce! Great job on your new low! You're seriously kicking butt!

I know we talked about calories in earlier posts, and I know we don't have to count calories on this program, but I'm wondering if anyone knows how much they eat on average? Eno and Patricia, you have been doing this for a while, what do your daily calories look like?

I really don't limit my calories at all. But I do try to average about 2000/day. I don't want my body to get any hint of starvation mode while I'm losing weight (and I'm certainly not feeling deprived). I calculated my meals on myfitnesspal for 3 days and came up with 1600, 2000, 2300, so it about averages out to 2000 cal/day. I'm happy about that.

Yesterday, I calculated my RM alone was 1700 cals! lol, but I wasn't hungry for the rest of the day and just had one CM meal as an early dinner.

RM B - A few orange slices, 1 chocolate chip muffin, 2 fried eggs, 1 english muffin with butter, 1 ice cream sandwich (It's It), 1 bowl yogurt with strawberries, chai tea with cream & stevia

Probably just one CM meal again later today. Either fried eggs w/ ham & cheese or tuna w/mayo or hamburger patty with cheese.
  #248   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-13, 11:15
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenders
Hey, an ounce is an ounce! Great job on your new low! You're seriously kicking butt!

I know we talked about calories in earlier posts, and I know we don't have to count calories on this program, but I'm wondering if anyone knows how much they eat on average? Eno and Patricia, you have been doing this for a while, what do your daily calories look like?

I really don't limit my calories at all. But I do try to average about 2000/day. I don't want my body to get any hint of starvation mode while I'm losing weight (and I'm certainly not feeling deprived). I calculated my meals on myfitnesspal for 3 days and came up with 1600, 2000, 2300, so it about averages out to 2000 cal/day. I'm happy about that.

Yesterday, I calculated my RM alone was 1700 cals! lol, but I wasn't hungry for the rest of the day and just had one CM meal as an early dinner.

RM B - A few orange slices, 1 chocolate chip muffin, 2 fried eggs, 1 english muffin with butter, 1 ice cream sandwich (It's It), 1 bowl yogurt with strawberries, chai tea with cream & stevia

Probably just one CM meal again later today. Either fried eggs w/ ham & cheese or tuna w/mayo or hamburger patty with cheese.

well as you know I am on my fitness pal , I am doing my best to stay within my allotted calories , I still feel , no matter which program we follow that a caloric deficit is needed to lose , so I stay within the 1300-1500 per day , my fitness pal is giving me more because of exercise , although i prefer not to use them .
I can promise you I am not starving , my body is getting plenty of protein , fiber and vitamins .
  #249   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-13, 11:19
Registered Member

BF:

30 min 5K program , 25 crunches

cm- 5 regular sized plain baked chicken wings dipped in buffalo sauce , 4 boccancini ( cocktail size) dipped in balsamic and basil , cucumbers and celery
RM- eggplant lasagna ( no pasta) with meat sauce , zuccini and broiled tomatoes with parm , salad with ceasar dressing , 1 scoop rolo ice cream ( about 1 cup )
  #250   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-13, 11:53

Plan: The Stress Eating Cure
Stats: 239.2/225/160 Female 5'6"
BF:48%/45%/33%
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushy
well as you know I am on my fitness pal , I am doing my best to stay within my allotted calories .

Shushy, I can't see your diet diary on MFP. If you change your settings, you can make it public to your diet buddies (if you want to, that is).
  #251   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-13, 12:32
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
I have no idea what my calories are and I don't track them at all.

Had an asparagas and swiss omelet this morning with my slice of bacon- yum!

Tomorrow I am making a braised leg of lamb, with onions and mushrooms, for RM. I'll also have a salad and asparagas and probably blueberries.

E
  #252   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-13, 12:55
Registered Member

BF:

I love asparagus , sounds great

Blenders , I was wondering about that , I will check in my settings
  #253   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-13, 15:09

Plan: CAD/Gluten-free
Stats: 263/211/125 Female 62 inches (5'2")
BF:
Progress: 38%

I definitely don't count my calories- that is the ease of this diet to me. But I find that when I follow the plan I naturally eat a lot less. I agree about the calorie deficit to a certain degree but for me the beauty of the plan is not having to count. I did get challenged to count a while back and I vary between 1300-2000. But I definitely don't keep track!
  #254   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-13, 17:35
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyrose
I definitely don't count my calories- that is the ease of this diet to me. But I find that when I follow the plan I naturally eat a lot less. I agree about the calorie deficit to a certain degree but for me the beauty of the plan is not having to count. I did get challenged to count a while back and I vary between 1300-2000. But I definitely don't keep track!

whatever you are doing is working great for you , I guess i have yoyo'ed too many times , I need to do everything I can to get it off .
  #255   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-13, 18:33

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushy
well as you know I am on my fitness pal , I am doing my best to stay within my allotted calories , I still feel , no matter which program we follow that a caloric deficit is needed to lose , so I stay within the 1300-1500 per day , my fitness pal is giving me more because of exercise , although i prefer not to use them .
I can promise you I am not starving , my body is getting plenty of protein , fiber and vitamins .

Please google Dr. Peter Attia - and look for his excellent post on why calories in do not equal calories out. Life would be so much simpler if it were ;-) He can explain it better than I.
Closed Thread