Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-09, 22:24

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 155/125/125 Female 62 inches
BF:21
Progress: 100%
Thumbs up January Callanetics Challenge

I figured I'd start this, 'cause I'm interested. If anyone wants to join me, that'll be great!

I was a slacker at the beginning of the month, but I'm figuring on at least 16 hours this month. Starting tonight, when I did my first hour of 10 in 10.

Any other Callanetics folks want to join me?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-09, 07:40

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 292.5/192.5/150 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:ho/ho/ho
Progress: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevaboo
I figured I'd start this, 'cause I'm interested. If anyone wants to join me, that'll be great!

I was a slacker at the beginning of the month, but I'm figuring on at least 16 hours this month. Starting tonight, when I did my first hour of 10 in 10.

Any other Callanetics folks want to join me?

I'll join you!

One hour of 10/10 completed this AM. Going for 4 times a week so I guess 16 hours for this month as well!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-09, 08:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins / Dukan
Stats: 234/168/115 Female 5ft5inch
BF:
Progress: 55%

Me too!

I am up to hour 20, so i am aiming to be at hour 36 by the end of the month

Helen
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-09, 12:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy149
Me too!

I am up to hour 20, so i am aiming to be at hour 36 by the end of the month

Helen

Don't mean to pry duffy, but what have your results been like?
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-09, 12:53

Plan: Under 50 grams
Stats: 190.2/181.0/147 Female 5'4.5"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default me too

Hi all, I love callanetics. I'm new to the forum and new to callanetics after years of gaining weight and not exercising. I would love to join your group. I started low carb this morning and have done one session of 10/10.
I am excited to start this new journey in my life, can I join your thread?
My start weight is 181.4 ( I know but it isn't 181)
My waist is 39 (what is that number?)
My hips are 43 (well at least I'm not square)

My goal is 3 times a week, so that would be 12 sessions for January.

Scotiagirl
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-09, 13:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/162.5/110 Female 5 feet 3.5 inches
BF:way to much!!
Progress: 5%

Count me in as well! I will have to 're-start' induction but I am also going to try to get in 4-5 hrs. per week of callanetics, more if I feel froggy

I haven't weighed yet, but I know I've gained. I have to get back into the 140s BAD!!!!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-09, 14:24
Registered Member

BF:

Newjeneed,

I have lost about 8 inches all over, this is approximate. Although i measure with a tape. My husband does it, and he isn't very good at remembering exactly where to put the tape

I think i will start to see better results in the next 20 hours, if you look at my stats i have a lot of weight to loose and i think therefore it will take a little longer for the results to show. I have taken photos at 14 and 20 hours, again husband, so not quite from the same angle etc... Where DID i get him from? They are horrific and quite the motivation i need. I have just been to the gym tonight and done 5km rowing and i shall be doing hour 21 of 10/10 later.

Helen
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-09, 11:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy149
Newjeneed,

I have lost about 8 inches all over, this is approximate. Although i measure with a tape. My husband does it, and he isn't very good at remembering exactly where to put the tape

I think i will start to see better results in the next 20 hours, if you look at my stats i have a lot of weight to loose and i think therefore it will take a little longer for the results to show. I have taken photos at 14 and 20 hours, again husband, so not quite from the same angle etc... Where DID i get him from? They are horrific and quite the motivation i need. I have just been to the gym tonight and done 5km rowing and i shall be doing hour 21 of 10/10 later.

Helen

I know how you feel Helen. I know the Callanetics is working but I can't see it when I weigh 209lbs ya know!!

Having a day off from Callan today to get some EXTRA cardio in. I've been trying to work out twice a day and see where that gets me because I have only 10 weeks until my wedding and I am not looking good lol! I'm thinking there is NO WAY I could not lose weight with this much excercise.

What is everyone else doing to supplement their Callanetics?
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-09, 14:01
Registered Member

BF:

Newjeneed,

You will find that weight just falls off naturally in the last few weeks up to the wedding. At my second to last dress fitting the seamstress told me that i could not loose any more weight or the dress would not fit. I seem to remember eating tortilla chips for breakfast in order to regain! It worked and the dress fitted, i lost the extra weight on honeymoon when i got what can only be decribed as dysentry

Forgot to say i am going to be doing hour 22 tonight. Also, im wondering how many hours it will be untill i see a difference and not just feel it?

H x
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-09, 14:15

Stats: 280/149/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

I finally got my Callanetics 10/10 today, so I'd like to join. I just did my first workout but sadly could only do 15 minutes. (and THAT was pushing it)

I'm gonna go low on my estimate and try to get 3 hours this month- hopefully it will get easier as I do it and I will be able to do more next month!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-09, 16:44

I'm so excited to see us getting a group together for this! I really love doing Callanetics, and I love getting to share the fun, too.

Welcome to the Low-Carber Forums, ScotiaGirl! This is a really great place for support on your low carb journey, plus you can try all the stuff that other folks say worked for them.

And, hey, LittleZu, don't sweat it that you couldn't do much your first time. I probably only got a few reps per exercise in when I first started, and I didn't have half the physical stuff you're dealing with. It got better for me, though. Hopefully, you'll start seeing some improvement as you do this. Have you considered using Beginner Callanetics? I can't find a free download, but I don't see the sense of buying before you try it.

I'd probably recommend starting by doing minimal reps for each of the exercises and work your way up as you can. Not that I'm an expert of anything. But, I figure working out a little has got to be better than not doing it at all, so good for you!

I'll be doing Callanetics tonight with a gimpy knee. I didn't work out last night, because I was achy sick. Today, my body wants me to remember the car accident I had 8 years ago. It hurts just enough for me to complain about, but not enough not to work out. Drats!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-09, 08:03

BF:

Busy and sore yesterday so I used a lot of excuses and didn't do any exercise.
Now let me think about that, isn't diet and exercise the answer to my problem? Oh teaching an old dog a new trick is hard. I stayed on plan yesterday. Did some shopping and cooking and cleaned the kitchen. I will do my exercises today. Caught my self suggesting to myself that I should do the am/pm tape but I know that I would just end up doing only the am part. I will do my exercises before lunch..........lunch will be my reward. Haddock fried in butter and schallots with a reduced heavy cream sauce with just a spinkel of paprika. Yump.

Scotiagirl
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-09, 08:40

BF:

Had some fun and got a ticker, of course it took me three tries to do it.....note to self ...read directions carefully....even I can do it when I read the directions..there is hope for me yet.
Scotiagirl
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-09, 09:33

Thanks for the reminder on AM/PM, ScotiaGirl! I'm feeling achy and yucky today, wasn't sure I'd be able to force myself to do a whole hour today. But, if I split it up, I know I can take half an hour at a time.

Have you considered setting a schedule for yourself? Like, I'll work out today for half an hour at 11:00 am and again at 9:00 pm? I'm considering that for myself, so I'll let you know how it works for me.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-09, 10:24

Stats: 280/149/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

Thanks for the encouraging words, Bev!

I actually got the book before I got the dvd and it has a whole section on how to modify the exercises, so when I picked which dvd to get I decided to get the regular one, not the beginner, because I felt like I would probably get more use out of it as I get fitter, you know what I mean? The book says if you can't complete the entire hour program, break it up into 15 minute blocks, so that's what I'm doing until I feel fit enough to tackle 30 minutes at a time. Not sure I will ever be able to do the entire hour at one go, but we'll see- sometimes I surprise myself with what I can do when I really want to.

I got another 15 minutes in this morning.

I've used my medical stuff as an excuse not to exercise for a while- but what do excuses get you?