Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-22-11, 11:49

Plan: no specific
Stats: -/-/- Female 55 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Trying to Stay Positive!

So I thought I was doing great and was feeling good about things and then I stepped on the scale today and was up 2 lbs so i'm kinda bummed. TOM came so maybe that's why. I know it's probably water but I'm scared cuz in the past I've been known to gain incredibly huge amounts on low calories...and it wasnt just fluid flucutations. Drinking lotsa water and hoping for the best.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-22-11, 12:49

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

What program are you following?

I follow the guidelines of CALP and, after over three years, I am still seeing results.

As far as I am concerned, the worst part of any weight loss program is stepping on the scale. When I started my journey I was so fed up with my enormous size knowing I was as large or larger than my highest weight of 236 lbs., because I could no longer get into any clothes that were not stretch material.

I actually believe it was the scale that derailed my efforts the first time I tried CALP because I had been fighting my weight for years and I wanted to succeed at getting it off! I was fortunate to completely ignore the scale until I got to the point where I was getting back into my jeans and they were becoming loose. My curiosity got the best of me and two months after getting started, I was more determined to stay on the program, not only because it was easy for me, but I was eating the foods I love and still losing weight.

CALP has been the miracle to my weight loss success and I hope my positive attitude will help to convince you to give it some time.

Wishing you the best,
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-22-11, 15:37

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Great post Terri, I sure agree with you having also experienced some of the same
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-22-11, 15:39

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice846
So I thought I was doing great and was feeling good about things and then I stepped on the scale today and was up 2 lbs so i'm kinda bummed. TOM came so maybe that's why. I know it's probably water but I'm scared cuz in the past I've been known to gain incredibly huge amounts on low calories...and it wasnt just fluid flucutations. Drinking lotsa water and hoping for the best.

I think the main question I'd ask myself is why are you doing this? Is it for weight loss alone? Is it for stable blood sugars, feeling better re food (i.e. not craving "something" all the time)? Sometimes you have to just go by how your clothes fit, how your body is feeling and functioning, blood sugar results..not a weight.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Sep-22-11, 23:36

Plan: no specific
Stats: -/-/- Female 55 inches
BF:
Progress:

You are all so great.
And SO right.
I feel a lot better just knowing that I don't HAVE to eat or I will pass out. I am still hungry almost all the time, which worries me (maybe I'm not eating enough?) but never before have I been able to control the need to nibble on small amounts of sugar throughout the day. Something must be right here, eh?