Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 06:08

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 188/173/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Had to share my insanity this morning

I just posted in my journal and had to LOL at how insane I sound, so I thought you all might enjoy (or share) in my insanity . Well, I realize now how very dangerous it is for me to go off plan for one day. I chose to eat what everyone else ate on Easter, which happened to fall 5 days prior to my TOM. The cravings came back with a ferociousness. All week Ive been watching DH and kids eating candy, it was making me drool, so I popped a few russell stover lc candies here and there (yes, they sound like drugs dont they....they are, at least to me). Now last night, I ate 5 lc peanut butter cups plus a couple of lc easter candies during the day. Well you can imagine my "ahhhhemmm"... flatulence... this morning. Now, today is my sons birthday party, he chose the menu, bbq, baked beans, potato salad, chips, cake, ice cream...etc. I gotta go find the worst picture of me I can find, and paste it everywhere! My motivation has not been here to exercise, I havent lost a lb. in about 3-4 weeks and Im having TOM which added about 4 lbs to my scale, Im assuming because I refuse to get on it this week. Do you see what I mean? I am a nut job today ! But at least Im in good humor. Just wanted to share. Ill let ya know how it goes today!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 08:10
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

Oh pookalee
You shoulda seen my eyeballs buldge out when I shopped at K-mart for a few things yesterday. I walked past an isle and saw a 75% off sale on Easter candy... Ohhh man, did a second walk by and saw quite a few that were lc sf..Sat there thinking , "Well if I stock up now and freeze them I will save 75%." Can you believe I was trying to rationalize with myself to buy all that? LMAO...
Funny thing is my tummy actually made a funny sound which reminded me of how I would feel if I bought them, cause ya know ya can't just eat one...... So I walked away without even one in my cart. Now THAT is a first.. (Harde har har)

I somtimes try to talk myself into taking a day off this WOL to enjoy some old favs.. Thank God my wonderful children ALLWAYS have somthing to say that keeps me on track.
You take care and RUN from that birthday food table
Angel
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 09:19
I'm Losin' It

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190.5/190.5/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:ha/ha/18%
Progress: 0%

I've not had any problems with cravings, but I'm driving myself crazy trying to figure out how to trick my body into losing weight I've spent many hours, usually during the night, trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong (I'm not & I know this!!)

I'm still doing clean induction levels as I have a lot to lose. Mind games !!!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 15:55

BF:

Okay, Ive had a bad day .... I didnt run fast enough away from the cake table. When I tried to flip my cake out of the pan, part of it stuck and broke, so I ingeniously made it into a 4-wheeler racetrack cake (with a mudpit of chocolate icing in the broken part) for my 8 yr old son. In the process, icing got all over my fingers and you know the rest. One taste and I picked at pieces of cake all day. Im sooo mad at myself now.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 18:58
I'll get there yet!

Plan: Atkins/nutritionist blend
Stats: 319/284.4/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 20%

Pookalee--We've all been there! {{{{{Pookalee}}}}}

Jude
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 19:40

Stats: 162/142.5/135 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 72%

I do this stuff too! I have been doing it way too much lately though, which is why I gained back 7 of the pounds I lost (at 144 now, I am 20 years old). It is soooo hard to resist, especially while you are baking. It's funny, I didn't cheat on Thanksgiving or Christmas but I did cheat while I was baking christmas yummies for my family. Chocolate and sweets are my weakness, so it is good that they make LC candy but then I get the worst farts ever but sometimes if I get a craving I don't even care and I eat it and just try to stay away from my roomates and keep my bedroom window open so the smell goes away. This is probably too much info but I know someone out there knows what I mean and is laughing cuz they do it too! All we can do is keep going and keep trying cuz there is no turning back, we've come too far and worked too hard and still want to see our results.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 20:45

Stats: 319/240/175 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 55%

I know how you feel. It is so much easier not to cheat when you aren't surrounded by family members who don't eat exactly as you do. I do just fine when I'm at school, but this week I just came home to visit my mother. Although she eats low carb too, she is big time into the low carb junk food. I have to say no to her offering me the goodies about 500 times a day. OH I WANT TO SCREAM! I don't know how I'm going to make it one more week!!!!
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 22:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 198/194/150 Female 70 inches
BF:?/34%/25%
Progress: 8%

Beachjenn I know the feeling both my DH and I are doing Atkins and we sometimes indulge in LC chocolate and we always joke that on those night we gas each other to sleep!

worst mistake i ever made was eating some before a job interview.... i sware i almost exploded holding it all in.

I just wish we could get the LC chocolate with out the horrible gas!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 23:31

Stats: 162/142.5/135 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 72%

Oh man a job interview! That must have been miserable. Yeah they need to hire some research scientists to make delicious carb-free, fart-free chocolate candy.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 05:53
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

hahahahahaha, fart-free candy... Tooo funny. Sorry but that made me snicker! It's soo true tho
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 09:42

Plan: Atkins, keto
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 67.5"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Ugh - I"m so right there with you. I love Russell Stover LC candy - the thing is, for me it's just as addictive as the regular stuff. Know that you're not alone (well, if you keep eating it and having gas, you might be alone - as my son says "Smile, and the world smiles with you. Fart, and you stand alone").
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 09:52

Stats: 130.5/119.5/115 Female 4'10.5"
BF:32%/32%/22%
Progress: 71%

I think we all get a little nutty doing this WOE especially if you really are trying to do it for life. I find myself reading that damn DANDR every single night trying to uncover something I missed. And searching this site among others trying to learn more and more. Its become an obsession.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 15:18

BF:

Thank you all so much for the support and the humor. I was rofl. I just decided to put yesterday in the past. And today I am avoiding eating for stress purposes. My dh just gave his 2 week notice due to being seriously overworked with his co. piling on more daily and he has been a bear to live with the last 6 mo. So we decided that enough is enough and are taking a leap of faith that one of the other jobs weve looked into will come thru. Sooooo, thanks for the laughs, I really needed them.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 20:13

Stats: 168/138/130 Female 5'4"
BF:?/27%/15% maybe?
Progress: 79%

I have to say that I am really fortunate not to have had any of those gas problems you all talk about. It's probably cuz I'm peranoid of eating too much due to the laxative effect so I savor every bit of it and try to enjoy it right after a meal so I don't find myself trying to "fill up" on it. I've tried the LC russell stover candies, the morning start bars, all the SF Easter candy at Top foods bulk section, the SF Recess PB cups, the red and black vines, the russel stover carmel candies (they taste like rollo candy) the Whitmans LC sampler, the hershey's LC chocolate with almonds, and the chocolate covered peanuts as well as the LC generic whoppers. I've also had ALL the endulge candies. I have to say they were all pretty good. Oh and those PurDelight bars- Yum. I've even had the SF lifesavers and my favoriet...squintz (they're like SF sweet tarts). I need to update my profile cuz I'm down to 152lbs now and I notice that I do stall during my TOM for a couple weeks. I think it's the hormones. It happened right from the start even during induction. I also, (even during induction when I wasn't trying all the LC goodies) had cravings right before my TOM probably due to hormones again. I think that's just something I get to look forward to and being in ketosis isn't going to change it.
As far as baking goodies for the kids, I haven't had the guts to yet! I have made LC sweets and even LC birthday cakes for my husband and one child so far because I knew I didn't have the willpower if there wasn't a substitute for me that was similar. So maybe I'm a mean mom, but they got their Easter candy and I had my LC basket of goodies. Oh man, there's another really good one to try... it's these peanut butter crunchy balls that say they don't cause digestive upset... they're called.."Carb Slim peanut butter crunch bites. they're zero carbs and are made with inulin and erythritol and splenda. So.. I don't know if that's really better then maltitol but they're a new favorite of mine. Annie
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 20:45

Stats: 290/230/130 Female 65 inches
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieFelac
Carb Slim peanut butter crunch bites. they're zero carbs and are made with inulin and erythritol and splenda. So.. I don't know if that's really better then maltitol but they're a new favorite of mine. Annie

Annie: Do these mess up the tummy like Malitol does? I get the runs with malitol.

Charlie Girl