Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-14-02, 17:54
Registered Member

Plan: dr atkins
Stats: 391/364/150
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default i gained a lot

ok this is where i tell it like it is
i gained about 15 to 20 pounds while i was off my diet and now i hate it that i have to go back and loose it but i gained it so easy.
im back on my diet first thing in the morning, and i know that i am going to stick to it this time and not back down i lost it and i can loose it again.
i ate every thing sweet that i could get my fingers on, and it was nothing for me to set down and eat ice cream for dinner and a box of cookies before bed, i also stopped walking and never tryed to start back up
so what i have to do now is just restart like i did the first time, just take things one day at a time till i get back onto the way things are done
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-16-02, 22:49
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

It's no fun, is it?

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, "This isn't a diet, it's a permanent lifestyle change." It doesn't mean you have to do it perfectly, but that you have to consider youself to be someone who doesn't eat sugar or flour except for rare occasions. I truely hope you can find this way of eating *delicious* enough that you don't miss the stuff you've given up. Don't quit quitting! Good luck and good health to you.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-02, 00:22
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 183/176/135 Female 5 FT, 4 IN.
BF:
Progress: 15%

You can do it! You can do it! You can do it! I had a similar "cheat night" the other night - somewhat planned and then things got way out of hand - I wanted to have a little of all of the things that I've been missing. You can pretty much guess where that led...mostly me feeling really sick. Hopefully I can remember that feeling when the urge strikes again. I must stock up on sugar free jello....
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-02, 13:11

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

Please forgive yourself.

What's past is past. You can't rewrite those times; you can only live today each day the best you can.

And I'll replay the broken record. If you're changing your life so that you are eating in a self-loving, healthy way, and making those changes for good, you can't "fall off a diet." You can't "back up." Every experience of eating carbs can be a learning experience, positive growth in the long run. You can't be "bad" for eating a food. You just made less than self-loving choices for awhile. Love yourself by eating whole foods, fresh foods, prepared with care yourself and enjoyed entirely.

Here's what you learned positive: it doesn't take much time at ALL for those pounds to rush back on. That's a great lesson! Is the misery you feel now worth those 15 minute spurts of carb-stuffing? I bet not.

If you hate seeing the numbers, stay off the scale for a few months. September 1 might be a nice day to weigh. Until then, focus on your behavior, not the numbers.

I'll play another of my own broken records, too. If you have a lifetime of this experience, and if you keep "falling off the wagon," I think Overeaters Anonymous is an idea to at least consider. The support for trying to stay abstenant of your own problem foods, and the peer therapy that addresses the emotional reasons we eat is invaluable...and yet it's 100% free. The first step is admitting you are powerless over carbs and that they have taken control of your life. You ask for your Higher Power (however you understand that--even if it's you own personal Higher Self that you know you can be at times) to help you stay on the healing path. This has worked miracles for literally millions of people with various addictions.

(my name is razzle, and I'm a sugar addict, too)

Best of luck to you. You're worth the effort.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-07-02, 08:54
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 130/130/110
BF:
Progress: 0%

i can say that im an emotional overeater too...i tend to binge alot and it normally lasts 2 days the least...i know how it feels to feel dperessed and all "falling out of the wagon"..i,too am struggling and i hope we all could help one another in achieving our goal weight ..and do away with the cravings and binges
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-07-02, 11:11
Work In Progress

Plan: G.I. Diet
Stats: 323/284/160 Female 5'3"
BF:Size: 26/24/12
Progress: 24%

I was on vacation last week and cheated too.

But, I've dusted myself off and got back on the wagon. It's gonna happen. Old habits die hard.

We will do this!!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 16:33

Plan: none
Stats: 198/197/175
BF:too much
Progress: 4%

Damn! I had lost 11 pounds but I gained back ten while I was on a two week vacation. Too many restaurants and snacks while sitting a lot in the car. It sure was fun though.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Oct-15-02, 06:57

Plan: Atkins & Hypnosis
Stats: 229/229/150 Female 63 inches
BF:not a clue!
Progress: 0%
Default gain

I gained 7 lbs over the weekend. Not feeling to good about myself.