Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-02, 18:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 251.5/231.5/150
BF:
Progress: 20%
Talking On my way to a better me!

I will begin on Monday, July 29th my exercise plan.

I will do at least 30 minutes of low-impact aeorobis on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

On Wednesday August 1st I will add to that a walk with my kids and dog to my son's school 6/10 mile one way to get in the habit of doing so for this school year (youngest going to kindergarten and is a walker). This actually will be on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Occassionally may be on Tuesday and Wednesday.

I know this will speed up the weight loss.

I am motivated to go...exercise feels soo good and helps get rid of the toxins, etc.

Here's the plan:

Monday:
1.5 mile walk & 30 min. aerobics

Tuesday:
Optional

Wednesday:
Optional

Thursday:

Friday:

Saturday:
30 min. aerobics

Sunday:
Declared day OFF!

Looking forward to beginning!!

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-28-02, 18:18

BF:
Talking Tomorrow's the Day!!!

I'm really looking forward to working some more fat off this body.

I think I've adjusted to the eating and am able to make wise choices. Not time to start the exercise.

Tomorrow begins the walk aerobics. I hope to wake by 6:30 to do this. I'm beginning to get into habit for school starting this fall. My kids have already adjusted to waking around 7 am so I'll do 30 mins earlier to get this done.

I really like exercise. It makes me feel so well and actually encourges my water drinking!!! I need that!!!

Walk aerobics...here I come.

With this also comes a bedtime and regular wake time. Heard this is so healthy for a body and enough sleep helps weight loss 'cause less likely to give into temptations.

I will wake at 6:30am. I need approximately 9 hours of sleep to feel healthy (suffer fatigue from neuromuscular disease)...so that means a bedtime of 9:30pm. 10 is probably more feasible so 8 1/2 will have to do and I think it will considering the energy levels are up thanks to low carb!!

#3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 09:04

BF:
Talking Had challenges and did it anyway!!!

This morning it was tough getting out of bed. I had the alarm set for 6:30 and went to be around 10:30 (too late).

So I turned the alarm of at 6:30 and proceeded to sleep until 7:30 at which time I felt able to rise. This confirms to me that I need the 9 hours sleep and cannot compromise that. I will have to sleep by 9:30 in order to wake.

Once up I got my boys breakfast (I'd planned them to still be sleeping at the 6:30 time and they would've been). Then I went to the living room to pop in the aerobic tape and GUESS WHAT I realized??????

We had moved the VCR to the boy's room when there's quit. I had no VCR to play my tape. Even my 5 year old son understood the dilemma and was encouraging me to do it 'later'. NOPE. I was determined to get the exercise in and went to their little room and did it. I had to modify some bigger moves, but it worked out. It was much warmer in their room than the living room, so I was soaking...but feel good I accomplished it.

Funny thing...I feel wierd after being away so long and returning. The workout was good but afterward, I actually felt tired!! And still do. I'm wondering if my body is just so relaxed and not it's normal tense self making me this way. Could be PMS I guess.

Tomorrow I don't have to do the aerobics, but I think I may. I'll need to work on getting a VCR where I can use it.

Benefit of the workout....already drank about 36 oz of water. Normally this could be a whole days worth (trying to change that.).

#4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 20:50

BF:
Unhappy Missed bedtime...

Well, I am retiring at 11:00pm. This is definitely not good.

I will be up no later than 8 and will try to exercise.

It seemed to boost me today.

#5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 09:26

BF:
Talking Did it and feel great!

I actually did get up in enough time to exercise and feel great.

Did 30 min aerobics.

I was encouraged by the exercise yesterday since I actually dropped some weight according to the scale this am.

Exercising really helped me drink lots of water too.

I forsee feeling a-ok and ready to do it tomorrow as long as schedule permits (Tues and Wed are weekends in our home).

#6   ^
Old Thu, Aug-01-02, 09:38
Registered Member

Stats: 183/175/140
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default 30 minutes exercise > 30 minutes of sleep

hi Sammidawn,

Congratulations on your progress so far! Especially on working out in the boys' room when it would have been easy to quit. What videos do you like? I'm a Kathy Smith fan myself. I've been a regular exercizer for over eight years. It is so worth it.

It sounds like it's a struggle for you to get up in the morning. I guess all our sleep needs are different. I have to be at work early so I get up at 5:30 no matter what time I go to bed. Last night bedtime was 11:15. Sleeping in isn't an option, and my body is adjusted to my early rising time. Besides, experience has taught me that an hour of sleeping in just makes me more tired while an hour of exercise energizes me.

That is why I used the subject line:
30 minutes of exercise is greater than 30 minutes of sleep!

-Virginia in Oregon
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Aug-01-02, 10:55

BF:
Smile Thanks for the encouragement Virginia

I appreciate your thoughtful and encouraging words.

You are right, exercise is better than the sleep. I know, however, if I lack sleep, the motivation to do the exercise dwindles. I have exercised most of my life...sometimes I have gaps of like a month or two (busy times) and hate missing the exercise.

I'm trying to become more steadfast and structured...it helps me stay on track.

I did exercise Wednesday (an optional day for me). My dh actually encouraged me.

This a.m. my plan was to do the aerobics and then the walk (actually 1.25miles) but got up late since I stayed up late (dh bought a video and wanted me to watch) and so I skipped the aerobics and took the walk with the dog and kids.

The walk really didn't challenge me enough. This is the walk I will have to do 2x/day when my oldest goes to kindergarten. I will have to fit the aerobics in.

#8   ^
Old Fri, Aug-02-02, 11:53

BF:
Thumbs up Still off in time, on in exercise!!

Well, still haven't been adhereing to the time frame of sleeping and waking...

I do need to get this under control. Only have like 2 1/2 weeks to do it.

Anyway, I still am tredging on in the exercise and loving it.

Did the 30 min aerobics today. I didn't do the walk. I think I still may a little later.

I feel so much better and the weight is dropping lots faster...thank God!

#9   ^
Old Sat, Aug-10-02, 23:33

BF:
Thumbs up Still exercising...

The good news is that I am still exercising.

Last post-the 2nd. Aerobics, no walk. (Friday)

Saturday....Aerobics.
Sunday....off
Monday....nothing, recovered from guests.
Tues...went to Kennywood, walked all day.
Wed...Aerobics
Thurs...Walked to school. Worked hard in back yard for hours.
Fri....Walked at park while kids rode bikes.
Sat....Aerobics.

Basically, I've been staying active. Still don't have time frame in line. That has to come and soon!

#10   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 21:48

BF:
Arrow Slow going this week so far...

Well...

Took Sunday off....

Monday did Aerobics...

Today did nothing since I was asked to attend something early in the a.m. and didn't have enough time.

Tomorrow I am back on track with aerobics.

I need to begin to work the walking in too.

I really think I need to go more days than 4 as well....I don't know.

The exercise really does help the weight drop faster!!!

#11   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-02, 20:18

BF:
Thumbs up Up and going strong...

I actually anticipate my exercise now. I feel so much better with it.

yesterday...a no exercise day...left me stiff and uncomfortable...now pain is gone!

I did aerobics today.

#12   ^
Old Thu, Aug-15-02, 18:43

BF:
Post Still going...

Every morning for the past week I've been waking up with incredible stiffness between my shoulders and neck.

Fortunately the aerobics help ease the pain for the day...I'm sure it's how I'm sleeping.

Did the aerobics today and for the first time was looking forward to it being over but rather thinking 'I could do more...'

This is working!!!!

#13   ^
Old Fri, Aug-16-02, 08:21

BF:
Smile Technical probs, oh well!!

Ok, I must be addicted to this exercise now. Or shall I call it a commitment instead of the term generally used for something bad or wrong.

This a.m. I experienced technical difficulties...I could only get the sound to work on my aerobics tape--no picture.

Well, I did it anyway. I really don't feel right without it and it really helps the weight go down.

I'm commited because it helps accomplish the new body I want. When the diet has helped me reach my goal...the exercise will let it be a good looking body I believe.

This has helped the 'fat' me look lots better.

#14   ^
Old Sat, Aug-17-02, 21:22

BF:
Thumbs up Doing good here...

Feeling so motivated about exercise and eating some forbidden carbs today due to parties makes me feel as if I will exercise tomorrow which is suppossedly my "day off".

The aerobic workout isn't that intense that I can't do it 7 days.

Plus, Monday afternoon my family is going away overnight, which means it won't occur on Tues. Normally not suppossed to but I am now hoping to get the 1/2 hour aerobics in when I can.

Wed will probably be a challenge due to fatigue from the trip...but I will do it in Jesus name!!!

#15   ^
Old Sun, Aug-25-02, 15:00

BF:
Default Doing fine!

Still keeping up with the exercise!

We were gone on Wednesday too, so no aerobics.

However, over the camping trip much exercise was gotten!

I was so thrilled to return to the normal routine on Thurs and have stayed strong doing it everyday.

I really notice a change in my body and it pleases me.

My eating has been off due to the trip and many parties, but the weight is staying fine, I think it's the exercise.

Last night I decided to add some sit-ups, I figure I can do these each evening while unwinding once the kids are in bed.

Actually have been rising at 6-6:20 am and accomplishing some things prior to the kids so things are going well.