Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-18, 13:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130/130/110 Female 5’’4
BF:
Progress:
Default Atkins Breakfasts

Hi there. Only on day two of Atkins. So I’m on phase 1 of Atkins so that’s less than 20 g carbs a day. Aiming 5 for breakfast 5 for lunch and 10 for dinner (I don’t snack). So far what I’ve found is a low carb raspberry yogurt (I read the label and it’s actially Quark, but yeah, it’s nice though) for 5.1g carbs, which I have with a black coffee.

So I’ve been trying to google Atkins breakfast ideas but it’s a load of “recipes”- I Don’t have time to cook in the mornings (also don’t want to set the fire alarm off, it basically goes off if I breathe on it,lol).

So does anyone have any simple ideas for breakfasts under 5g carbs, that you don’t have to cook? Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-18, 13:47

Plan: Atkins & IF / TRE
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 97%

1.2g - two HB eggs

egg cookers are great for making a bunch - refrigerate and zip lock on the go. add salt & pepper, and as the day warms on they get to room temperature and taste so good.

you can also fry some bacon and bag those throughout the week also, or pork chops. have some regular pork rinds (zero carbs) for a nice side.

you can bring some lettuce leaves to wrap pieces of meat that you may bring too.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-18, 12:23

Stats: 179/147.8/135 Female 5.2
BF:
Progress: 71%

I would take at night precook some scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon or country ham which ever you like and mix together and seal up in a zip lock baggie for the next morning. You can easily take out put in a bowl sprinkle some cheese over if you wish and microwave till desired temp and Walmart has some organic med salsa 2 tbsp is 2 carb I usually find 1 tbsp enough to put over for my taste. Instant breakfast bowl in under 2 mins. Under the new carb standard of net carbs this meal isnt but around depending on meat under 5 carbs. If you also wish you can precook cloud bread and meat and fry an egg in morning throw together a breakfast sandwich. There are so many ideas out there even left over dinners. A lot of times I would cook eggs and throw a left over veggie and meat with it.
Egg omelet made night before reheated in the morning as well is a good idea.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-18, 12:33
Registered Member

Plan: Keto + IF
Stats: 260/300/165 Male 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: -42%

Cheese and salami and celery.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-18, 14:26

Plan: Atkins & IF / TRE
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 97%

Great ideas.

#6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-18, 15:04

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Do you cook? I dont want to assume.

My kids often eat dinner for breakfast. Steak is nice cold.

Usually kids skip breakfast. (Both eat lunch between 10;30 and 11;30.) So not eating breakfast might be an option in the future.

Chicken salad.
egg salad
cup of broth--bone broth
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-18, 16:44

Stats: 282/262/205 Male 6' 1
BF:waaay tooo much
Progress: 26%

You don't have to eat if you're not hungry. Don't eat just because it's a certain time.

However, I do this: I make a pan of Quiche (fancy word for leftovers and scrambled eggs mixed and some cheese mixed in and baked.)

I cut squares for each work day and take one each day. That way I cook once, eat 5 times.

There are a lot of good simple quiche recipes here.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-18, 11:38

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

Another vote for hard boiled eggs or quiche- to make life even easier search recipe forum for "egg muffins." It's the same thing- meat, cheese, veg and eggs but some in a muffin tin, so you can grab and go. I prefer these cold, but you can microwave them to hear them up, as well.
Also, you can make a cheese and egg scramble in the microwave- just use a giant mug or it will overflow!

A very popular recipe here is the muffin a minute. There are endless variations but basically it is Flackers or almond or coconut flour, an egg and flavors of choice. I'm a minute flat, you have a muffin. Add some butter or cream cheese and you are set.

I like to make "granola" sometimes with a variety of nuts, seeds and coconut shreds. You can also eat this with almond milk or cream thinned with a little water.

Cottage cheese is also great if you get tired of the yogurt.

I know the granola and egg muffins require work the day before, but you can make a week's worth in 30 minutes at the most.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jul-08-18, 21:49

Plan: OWL
Stats: 177/168/135 Female 5'1"
BF:50.5/38/25
Progress: 21%

Bulletproof coffee-- Brew some black coffee and blend it with a tablespoon of butter and a tablespoon of coconut oil, a drop of sucralose (or a tsp of Splenda) for 10 secs. Instant latte.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-18, 08:46

Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Smoked fish (I like Polar kipper snacks if you can get them) or tuna or salmon salad (canned fish mashed with boiled egg, mayo and some salad vegetables). Coffee or tea.