Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 21:43
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%
Cool The Java Room: Maintainers Daily Chit-Chat

I'd love to be part of a daily thread here with fellow maintainers.. any takers?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 22:16
Gold Member

Plan: Atkins -Maintenance
Stats: 250/132/150 Female 5'6
BF:y, are you hungry?
Progress: 118%

Hey I'm not on maintains yet but i thought I would bump the thread. I really would love something to look forward too and unfortunately this area of the forum is dead. I understand completely why but it would be nice not have to be so isolated when doing maintenance.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 22:19
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Quote:
it would be nice not have to be so isolated when doing maintenance.

Exactly what I was thinking. There is a whole nother ballpark of struggles and triumphs during maintenance... it would be great to chat with maintainers about higher carb recipes, strategies, and just regular day to day life.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 01:03
Smilie Queen

Plan: Atkins/SB
Stats: 140/128.5/? Female 5'5"
BF:33%/27/22%
Progress: 60%

I would! I am not at my goal #, but I am happy with my body at the moment. I am interested in finding out how to 'maintain' without that feeling of constantly being on a 'diet'. Intellectually I know it's a woe/wol, but emotionally it feels like if I don't watch constantly, I will gain weight back. I have mentioned this before, but I have been higher than 140, and I never want to go back there!

I would love to know what everyone else is eating/doing. Count me in!!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 01:53
aka Celestine

Stats: 247/185/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

Yes, please. I have reached my goal weight, even though I'll take (or leave) a few more pounds loss. It's confusing, and I'd love to have other people who are in the same boat to talk to about it.

Liz
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 08:16
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Great! Hiya Porcellino and Liz! How about we all start with a short bio about ourselves?
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 08:35
Smilie Queen

Plan: Atkins/SB
Stats: 140/128.5/? Female 5'5"
BF:33%/27/22%
Progress: 60%

Ok, well... here goes. I am 35, stay at home mom with one son, 14 who is bipolar. Like I mentioned before, I have been heavier than 140, that is just my weight when I started lc'ing. Before that, I made the mistake (for me) of being a vegetarian. I was vegan for 3 years, then just vegetarian (no meat/fish) for 2. So, for 5 years I was on carb overload and I blew up. I also have hormonal issues due to endometriosis. I stopped weighing/measuring past 160 and stopped buying anything other than stretch/pajama pants once I hit the plus sizes, so I am not too sure what exactly I got up to. All I know is, I was the fattest vegetarian I knew Anyway, I dieted/starved myself down to 140, then started eating meat again, and started Atkins. At first I gained weight, but then found out my body likes more of a South Beach style of eating. Also, I work out 5 times a week so I eat carbs for breakfast and lunch, keeping dinner more lc - like chicken w/ broccoli and spinach. So.... how about you guys?
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 09:54

Stats: 169/132/132 Female 153 cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hey folks

I check here every time I'm online to see if there's anything going on, so I'll try to keep up...

I'm 34, no kids, just a cat named itty bitty kitty (i didn't name him!) I am changing jobs next week, and I am very excited! I work in retail food (management) ... um... and I just saw Shania Twain at Dundas Square in Toronto (that was fun!). I reached my goal weight Dec 22 last year, then struggled all year to get back to it from 134-140! Now I will pay more attention to what I eat...

Cheers
Mary
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 13:02
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Hiya Mary! Good luck with your job change!

A little about me.. I'm a stay at home mommy, like Porcellino. I'm 31, I have 4 kiddos/beans, (2 are in school) and I watch 3 other children in my home. I've been maintaining since December of last year, with many ups an downs. My biggest problem was that I did not progress through the stages properly (i.e=at all) and had no clue what to do to successfully maintain. I am a major carb addict and binge eater. I have my suspicions that I have some sort of imbalance, T2D, hypoglycemic? Who knows, all I DO know is that when I follow the Atkins WOE, I am perfectly *normal*

I look forward to chatting with you all!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 13:26
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%

Ok... I'm IN!!!

...but may not be posting much in the next week. Unlike Becki, I'm not sure I can ever claim to be "normal" , but I'm usually pretty easy to tolerate.

I've lost 60lbs and have been "maintaining" (sort of) since 9/16.

I'm a horrible maintainer so far from a food perspective, but the exercise habits I picked up as part of this WOL have kept the weight..."pretty much" in check.

I'm going absolutely NUTS with work right now.. so have been "convenience eating" which is not a good thing. Things should ease up around the end of next week.

I've gotten sooooooo much support from this board!! Becki's been with me the whole way, Itty gave me some tips on maintenance, and Liz, Gab, and I have all traded posts! GROUP HUG!!

Ok...break it up now... I don't want ot appear "too" sensitive... hehe

I'm "trying" to link overeating to exercise... I have a 20mi bike ride on the weekends that has an IHOP stop in the middle of it.

Another thing I'm doing is declaring a RED (195 and over), Yellow (190-194.5), and Green (under 190) zone.

RED - Pretty Strict LC
Yellow - Be careful buddy... or you'll go to RED
Green - Hey.. if you want to splurge.. go for it

Ok.... so I'm new to this maintenance thing... so I haven't got it all figured out yet.

OK...more about me personally...

I live in Texas, but call Minnesota home (that's why I'm "The Melted Snowman")

DD is in College, DS is a senior in high school... and would RATHER be off at college.

I love camping, hiking, reading, dancing, movies, and making memories.... heck.. I like a LOT of stuff.. at least to do every once in a while, but those are probably my favorites.

HI EVERYONE!!

Mike
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 13:30
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Hiya Mike I knew you'd make it over here sometime today.

#12   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 15:27

Plan: Body for Life
Stats: 168/123/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 136%

Maintaining for the last three or four months here - 37, no kids but four cats, married to a wonderful guy. Oh, and I'm a nurse in a clinic for people with IBD. Fun fun!

I only moderately reduce carbs (to good carbs, 40% of daily calories) but I hang out here since it's a great forum.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 16:22
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Great idea, Becki!

I stuck it so it wouldn't need to be bumped, and I renamed it. If anyone has a better suggestion, I'll change it.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 17:11
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Thanks K!!!!!!
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-04, 17:14
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Hiya Featherz!

I figure I usually stick between 1200-1500 on average, although with all of the new recipes and baking I've been doing lately, it's probably more.

Last edited by Kristine : Sun, Apr-15-12 at 08:59. Reason: Edited to remove name by member request