Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 23:58
Registered Member

Plan: montignac
Stats: 140/140/125
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default lost all respect for montignac

i have not posted in awhile because i have not been following the diet much. i loved the diet, it worked well, but with my lifestyle, it is too stressing and rather impossible to follow all the rules. i just try to eat healthily, and it is coming off, but slowly!
anyway, i was just looking in the back of an american magazine, and saw an ad for montignac. the whole style was very sleazy, like someone selling bad weight loss pills from china guaranteeing to take 100 pounds off in 10 days. he is now selling pills with his diet book. in my book, montignac says we do not need pills for the diet to work. it just all screams money making scam. anyone else see it?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 12:19
Registered Member

Plan: The Zone
Stats: 207/200/180 Male 170 centimeters
BF:
Progress: 26%

What kind of pills? I am in Scandinavia so I can not just pick up a magazine and check? I am very disappointed if they start advocating pills to come with the diet. I believe in the Montignac principles: I started my weight loss using them but am now on low carb.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-20-03, 12:52
Registered Member

Plan: montignac
Stats: 140/140/125
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default re

this is only for the american market, that i can tell. all it said was that it was a thermogenic pill that had to be taken before meals. was to be ordered along with the book.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jun-28-03, 13:02
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Hi Daneo

I lost respect for Montignac quite a while ago, although I do believe it's a great plan.

There were just too many contratictions in the book and later hoping to get some clarification I subscribed at his website. The plan I recieved contained only more contradictions and items that were confusing and unclear on the menus. In addition there was NO service - several people on this forum emailed and never received replies.

Another member had also subscribed to the site - she had trouble unsuscribing and was billed twice - I was never billed. She very kindly told me that she didn't mind at all if she ended up paying for my month because she'd got more answers from me than the Montiganc site

Since then I have switched to the Swartzbein Principle II - It might seem complicated at the beginning but there is no food combining involved, just good old fashioned whole foods.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 12:38
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 194/000/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Not sure
Progress: 441%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoKo
Since then I have switched to the Swartzbein Principle II - It might seem complicated at the beginning but there is no food combining involved, just good old fashioned whole foods.

Hi Koko:
i'm new to this thread, however, not new to low carb WOE. i've read almost all low carb books, Montignac including. i agree that food combining is the only one strange point is this otherwise very healthy diet. I've read Swartzbein Principle I, and found it to be very good. Is Swartzbein Principle II very different from I? i promised i won't bye any more low carb books. LOL. also, Life Without Bread made lots of sense to me, i follow this one now sans "all you can eat-fat-protein" part of it. tried Atkins and Bernstein but too much protein and fat, got tired of it, and missed fruit too much. Montignac seems too controversial for me too, and food combining theory doesn' have any supporters, for what i
ve read on the web.
Thanks,
Dina