Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 07:36
Registered Member

Plan: Montignac???
Stats: 000/000/000
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Montignac and bad faith business practices

Someone mentioned, here, that they had joined the Montignac program via their web site, and after cancelling had been billed again. I just want to add to that: they did the same thing to me. The program they have is, first of all, confusing and illogical, as well as being influenced by too much "mainstream" thinking, which just muddies the waters more. Second, when I cancelled, I received a confirmation of my cancellation, but this morning I woke up and discovered that I had been billed again. Watch out for these people! I have already noticed that they charge more than the "American dollars" they advertise, without notification, and that they do not answer emails. I just hope I don't have to go through a huge hassle to get my money back, but it looks like this is a common thing. It's enough to make you proud to be an American, and I haven't felt that way in a long time.......
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 12:01
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Hi Cimerone

It was Calico Cat who was billed twice and I was never billed. Calico hasn't posted in a while (she moved to a new home and is prolly really busy) but both of were really disastisfied with the unclear diet sheets we received and the lack of service from the website. I don't recall anyone who has sent an email EVER receiving an answer. Good luck in getting your extra charge removed, Calico had a problem with that so the sooner you call your Credit Card Company the better. I don't often subscribe or buy anything on line because I am afraid of exactly that kind of thing happening.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-03, 08:14

Plan: Medical Weight Loss Center
Stats: 238/220/175 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 29%

Hello, I ordered the Montignac plan back on May 27 and didn't receive it until about a week ago (July 19). I read the book and tried taking the vitamins or whatever they were...but found the book to be so confusing...I tried eating what he outlined but didn't lose any weight at all the first week...I pretty much gave up and started doing a modified version of Atkin's. My mother feels strongly that you need to customize your own plan by "throwing away the sugar bowl"! So I'm giving that a real go - NO SUGAR - I read labels of everything I eat and I'm eating a lot of meat/cheese/eggs - but still so far I've lost nothing. I've been considering contacting the folks at Montignac and asking for a refund..I sent them three checks (so I could try out the plan for 90 days with no risk ! Ha! ) Didn't even get the plan until a few days before my last check was to be cashed. I think it's just a take-off on Atkins...sounds a bit like Suzanne Somers too (which I've tried previously for 7 weeks and lost a grand total of 4 lbs.) Sounds like I'm not alone in the Montignac build-up/let-down. Post another message here and let me know if you're following that plan or if you get your money back.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 10:37

Plan: New Glucose Revolution (ex Montignacer!)
Stats: 155/125/120
BF:
Progress: 86%

"Didn't even get the plan until a few days before my last check was to be cashed. I think it's just a take-off on Atkins...sounds a bit like Suzanne Somers too" ....actually, its more like th other way around.
i never got the plan online, but there is nothing about vitamins suppliments in any of the books of his I've read. In fact it is quite the opposite, the ONLY thing that Montignac reccomends as a suppliment is Brewers Yeast.

I'd try - no sugar, no potatos, no rice, no pasta and no bread / wheat.

1 week is not really a huge amount of time to adjust your metabolism to normal, so I'm not that suprised you didn't loose any weight.

Try reading New Glucose Revolution
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 06:53

BF:
Cool

Thanks Spang, I agree and am trying to hold the carbs way down...although I am having no "white" foods (flour, rice, pasta) and absolutely no sugar; I do have some dried beans occasionally but try not to overload on those...I think they're a really good source of protein and a nice change from all that meat...I'm not really comfortable giving up fruits and veggies (no corn or potatoes) but try not to eat them when I eat fats/proteins. I think you're right about giving this some time...I'm going to try to keep that sugar out of the rest of my life...hopefully the benefit will be some loss of weight...I have a long way to go and am going thru menopause which doesn't help either.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-03, 07:53

BF:
Cool

Thanks Spang, I agree and am trying to hold the carbs way down...although I am having no "white" foods (flour, rice, pasta) and absolutely no sugar; I do have some dried beans occasionally but try not to overload on those...I think they're a really good source of protein and a nice change from all that meat...I'm not really comfortable giving up fruits and veggies (no corn or potatoes) but try not to eat them when I eat fats/proteins. I think you're right about giving this some time...I'm going to try to keep that sugar out of the rest of my life...hopefully the benefit will be some loss of weight...I have a long way to go and am going thru menopause which doesn't help either.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 00:56
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 180/159/128 Female 170 cm
BF:
Progress: 40%
Unhappy My 2 cents

cimorene said : "I just hope I don't have to go through a huge hassle to get my money back, but it looks like this is a common thing. It's enough to make you proud to be an American, and I haven't felt that way in a long time......."
I am french, and proud of my country too
So please understand that MOntignac really went from fat to thinner with his method, but he always has been a merchant, and published his book and set up his online grocery and site to make money, not only to help people. Sorry
But I swear all french people are not like this
Happily, because I would be mad by this time !
By the way, I am doing Atkins for the beginning but I think that I'll be switching to Montignac for a living solution as it is really compatible with french cuisine and I love to cook !
So please buy the book and read the help people post on support boards like this one
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Sep-27-03, 13:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 257/234/178 Female 68 inches
BF:4%/43%/25
Progress:

I was dissapointed in the program vs. the ads in the newspapers. I too was billed twice. Returned the product. Got my first refund no problem. When I emailed that I was billed twice. I received an immediate response and a credit within the next billing cycle. This is the first product I ever returned where the net cost was zero. Please don't make references to his nationality. After all the products are billed and shipped in the U.S.A
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-03, 08:56
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 180/159/128 Female 170 cm
BF:
Progress: 40%

Thank you, Ghh
Don't worry, the only thing you need is the book and your brain
And you sure have it !