Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 10:27

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%

lol you guys should make this a sticky thread.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 11:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149/142.5/120
BF:
Progress: 22%
Angry Javascript

Thanks, Marlaine,

I am using IE5 myself, so I guess that's not the problem. I think you are right about the Javascript. I have that problem all the time, not just on fitday, and not just here.

I guess I won't fret about it anymore, though it sure would be nice if i could fix it. i have searched high and low through my preferences and it seems like I have Javascript enabled, so I don't get it. *sigh*

TGIF,
~rebecca~
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 13:16
Registered Member

Plan: mixed
Stats: 180/180/130
BF:
Progress: 0%
Question fitday question

is there a way to change the ingredients of a pre-entered food? for example, the "tuna salad" in fitday includes relish, mine does not... when i click on "customize this food" it only lets me change the nutrients, not the ingredients...

thanks!

jane
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 13:28
Registered Member

Plan: mixed
Stats: 180/180/130
BF:
Question fitday question

is there a way to change the ingredients of a pre-entered food? for example, the "tuna salad" in fitday includes relish, mine does not... when i click on "customize this food" it only lets me change the nutrients, not the ingredients...

thanks!

jane
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 13:30

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally posted by jane curio
is there a way to change the ingredients of a pre-entered food?

Jane....

I think the easiest way to handle this is to put it in as a custom food. I've created a few for myself and it's pretty straight forward.

Start by going to a new day in the future (and in a separate window - you'll need two windows open on FitDay) and enter all of the ingredients and quantities for the custom food. This will give you the totals that you'll need to create the custom food.

Then, click on "New Custom Food" and transfer the totals. Finally....click on "Save Custom Food" and it will appear forever under your custom food tab.

Hope this helps.

Marlaine
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Jul-27-02, 14:16

Plan: basic LC
Stats: 200/150.5/130 Female 65"
BF:46.3//???
Progress: 71%
Default completely confused

I have a question, probably a dumb one but I can't figure it out. To the left of the pie chart my totals will read (something like):
Carbs: 25
fiber: 7
BUT, where my foods are listed if I add those carbs myself they always come out way higher like 30 or more, even though the total at the bottom of the food list will say 25. What am I doing wrong?????
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Jul-27-02, 14:23

BF:

Hi there....

Not a dumb question at all!!

Where it gives the carb count beside the individual food, the fractions of carbs are rounded up. Where it gives you the total for the day....the exact fractions are added so it will pretty much come out lower there. Don't worry about the difference. Go with the totals for the day.

Marlaine
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Jul-28-02, 10:44

Plan: basic LC
Stats: 200/150.5/130 Female 65"
BF:46.3//???
Progress: 71%

I suspected that was the case but I was afraid either I nor my computer could count and I just wasn't sure. Thanks for the answer that's been bothering me for a few days!!!!!
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Jul-28-02, 11:57
Registered Member

Plan: started Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 180/180/140
BF:
Default nfs

I was just breezing through this thread trying to learn more about fitday also, and had a nice chuckle about NFS. That was really cute. Thanks for the laugh on this sunday morning.
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 11:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 180/154/140
BF:
Progress: 65%

Quote:
Originally posted by doreen T
To delete a custom food:

Open the custom foods menu list .. scroll down to the bottom; select ALL CUSTOM FOODS ... then GO!

Click on the food that you wish to delete. At the top of the nutrition facts page are options to edit or delete

Doreen

I am lost trying to do this. Where is the nutrition facts page? I've gotten to the Open custom foods menu list, but I do not seem to be able to find the nutrition facts page to find the delete option.

Thanks much -- Ginger
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 14:02

BF:

Assuming that you have created some Custom Foods, go to the Custom Foods drop down window and click on All Custom Foods. Then click go. This will take you to a page that lists all of your custom foods.

Click on the particular listing that you want to eliminate. (On the actual words themselves.) This will take you to a page that gives you the breakdown on that food. At the top of that page, you will find buttons with the options of Edit or Delete.

Let me know it you follow this description.

M
  #42   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 12:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 180/154/140
BF:
Progress: 65%
Thumbs up Ooops!

Figured it out! Thanks!

ginger
  #43   ^
Old Sun, Aug-11-02, 10:13

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 213/177/174
BF:
Progress: 92%
Default FitDay Reports??

Does anyone know how to print the FitDay reports and charts? i can't seem to get it done. It would be nice to keep a hard copy since it only goes back a month. I can print the text but the charts are missing and when I copy and paste the charts, the text is misssing. It annoying enough to make you want to go to Dairy Queen!
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 18:05

Plan: Pregnant
Stats: 318.5/276/190 Female 5 9
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi Patrick
I see no one has answered you in a few days so I have a suggestion.
Im not sure of the answer to your question, but you may want to try and ask Natrushka. You can go to journals and look under N for Natrushka. She uses fitday and she is a seasoned vetran LCer who may be able to help you-just post the question in her journal

Good luck!
Vicki
  #45   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-02, 07:26
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/186/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 54%
Smile

hi Patrick,

1. You can print a snapshot of the whole webpage by using the "Print" function from your browser's File Menu.

2. If you just want to keep copies of the charts, pie charts, graphs etc, without all the ads and periphery ... You need to have a word processor document open and ready .. (Wordpad will work just fine ... but Notepad won't). Right-click with your mouse over the object .. such as a chart. Select copy, then you can paste the object into your WP document. Although this can be a bit tedious, it allows you the option of organizing and moving the charts around on the page in a way that's meaningful for you. For the text charts, such as the Average Calories ... use your mouse to select the block of text, then use Copy and Paste.

3. You CAN get charts to show all the way back to the beginning ... In the right-hand column, select Calendar. Use the arrows at the top to select the end of the month you wish to get a report on (for example, June 30 2002). Then go to the Reports page ... It will be reset to give you all the details for the month previous to June 30th

I've discovered that it'll go all the way back to the beginning .. in my case I started using fitday back in February 2001, and have been able to print out weight graphs and stats from that time, using the calendar to go back.

hth

Doreen