Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-05-06, 20:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/120 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress:
Smile 15 lbs in 2.5 months

This is my second time lc'ing after a long break. I gained back 15 of those pounds. It was getting out of control so last month I started to exercise regularly. I tried to avoid doing lc again since i love carbs but after a month and no results I decided to bite the bullet. I'm going on vacation in August and all I want is to get back into my skinny jeans. My thinnest I was a size 5 and after the 15 lb. bulge I went to a 6 and those were feeling tight (for a lot of people this is small but I am only 5 ft and 5 lbs shows a lot).

So with the vacation coming and the need to stop the madness I am back on lc. Wish me luck!

I hear the last 10 lbs are the hardest, I hope this isn't true.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-05-06, 20:46

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 276/241/199 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 45%

yeah. I've heard that too.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-06-06, 13:42

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/158/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 82%

Keep in mind that this isn't just another "diet." It's a way of life. If you can get your mind around changing your lifestyle, you'll never have to diet again. Best wishes.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-06-06, 14:38
Registered Member

Plan: atkins kinda
Stats: 180/178/140 Female 5"5
BF:
Progress: 5%

I also want to lose at least 15 pounds by August. mid July would be better but who knows. But for me this is a mini goal. I would like to lose about 40 total but 15 would be nice for vacation....mine is in July. I would like to make it into size 8 jeans this time. For me that would be great because the smallest i have been is a size 10. I am 5'5 with a med build. So I will start with 15 and then onto the next goal. I think if your just starting low carb again it shouldnt be to hard for you to lose 15 pounds just like anyone else. I find as i get close (and have been doing a diet for awhile) I reach a time were hardly anything comes off. But you should be able to lose that for sure in 2 months
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-06-06, 16:04
No Excuses!!

Plan: Atkins/M&E/Very LC
Stats: 295/264/125 Female 5'2"
BF:ALOT!!!!!!!!
Progress: 18%

Hi all, my mini goal is 75 lbs by the end of nov /06 & my main goal is to be size 8 by my sons wedding May 19/07.This will be the hardest single thing I have ever done in my 46 years of being alive but you know I am so confident with Atkins and the whole LC lifestyle that I know I can do it. It goes faster for me with a bit of excersise.
And yes skinnyjeans 5 lbs is alot on a 5' frame. But really heed what bkloots said & make it a lifestyle. It would be a shame for a young beautiful person like you (or anyone) to gain lg amounts of weight like I and so many more have done(282 lbs on a 5'2" frame) I really was once a size 6 And it wasnt all that long ago. But .......I will be again .
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-06-06, 18:14
Losing It!!!

Plan: 6/26 switch to M&E
Stats: 223/192/150 Female 5' 8"
BF:ha/ha/ha
Progress: 42%

Skinnyjeans, I think you can do it. It might be a stretch, but if you stick to plan and exercise I think you have a shot.

You need to lose 1.5 lbs each week over 10 weeks to make it. Don't get discouraged if you see a plateau.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-06-06, 18:58

Plan: atkins
Stats: 225/207/158 Male 5 feet 9 inches
BF:whoa%/yup%/18%
Progress: 27%

Hey skinnyjeans, I think you can do it. As long as you are motivated and put in the effort, I know you can. One quick question, however, why did you go off the diet??? and are you going to stay on it this time?
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jun-06-06, 21:51

BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up

hi kevin,

why did i get off the diet? well i think i just got too comfortable with myself. i got into a new relationship and well with that comes eating out, drinking, over-indulging and the weight crept up. also, when i lost the weight initially i didnt exercise so i didnt create that discipline.

i noticed myself getting depressed and insecure because of my weight gain. so with the summer coming along and a great vacation in august i thought it was a great opportunity to turn things around. i started exercising 4-5 times a week a month ago and watching my calorie intake so with little result i remembered how much i lost lc'ing without exercise so i used a new month to start lc'ing, the way of eating that works for me.

i'm almost a week into it and going strong. i refuse to weigh myself, i honestly don't care i just want to fit into my skinny clothes again! so my jeans are my measure.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jun-06-06, 22:03
Registered Member

Plan: Carbs not
Stats: 159/124/130 Female 67 inches
BF:Playing the field
Progress: 121%

I like the idea of no weighing, too. Because it's a fat-burning way of eating, the clothes "test" is a terrific way to gauge your progress.

Keep us posted on your progress - you can do it!!!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jun-07-06, 07:07
Registered Member

Plan: atkins kinda
Stats: 180/178/140 Female 5"5
BF:
Progress: 5%

I also wont weigh myself till i drop a jeans size.....why get all upset and discouraged if the scale doesnt say what i want. If you keep at it and dont cheat (even a slip up is ok too) it WILL come off. Last time i was low carbing ( before my pregnancy with my daughter) I NEVER weighed myself but went down 4 pants sizes. then weighed myself and was really happy and suprised!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jun-07-06, 08:53

BF:
Progress:
Wink

thanks for the encouragement! i need it. and you're right no more weighing myself, it only discourages me. i do slip on my old jeans every once in a while and see the progress, they still don't button but i know they will if i keep it up!