Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-06-04, 09:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/172.5/135 Female 61"
BF:
Progress:
Default 1actress

Hi, I'm new but not a new low carber. I began in 2002 for 5 months and only lost 5lbs in those months, I did not exercise. I stayed with it b/c I felt better and my acid reflux went away. I have recently started Atkins again and including a rigid exercise program. Could I be eating too much, is water the key to get things moving? Any advice appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-06-04, 10:07

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

Hi!

Welcome to boards! This is a great place for support and advice!

If your back on induction, I can share with you what helped for me. Stick with it with NO cheats, that will really help eliminate any cravings you may be having. The first few days can be tough, but stick with it! Drink at least 64 oz of water plus another 8 oz for every 25 pounds you want to lose. Water really does help. Stay clear of process meats, eat whole foods and avoid the low carb candies and low carb packaged foods. Those things really helped me in induction.

Oh, and you will most likely lose 10% of what you want to lose during induction, so don't be disappointed with a 4-5 pound loss, that would be a great start!

Starting a journal here is an excellent way to get support too!

Congrats on starting and look forward to seeing you around the board!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 09:50

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default You came to the right place!

Welcome to the forum! You came to the right place! Hope you find all the info you need here!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 11:01

Stats: 171/154/110 Female 4'9"
BF:
Progress: 28%

Welcome to the board! People are very helpful here and very supportive so please be sure to ask lots of questions that you may have and have fun!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 11:03
Hanging in there

Stats: //130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 49%

Hello and welcome!!! You'll find tremendous support here on the forum...stop by some journals and introduce yourself....my best advise is buy yourself a tape measure...good luck to you

#6   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 11:47

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLMDezi
Hello and welcome!!! You'll find tremendous support here on the forum...stop by some journals and introduce yourself....my best advise is buy yourself a tape measure...good luck to you

Amen! I use the tape measure as well as the scale! And of course the fact that my pants are hanging by a belt and I am enjoying it so much that I haven't bought a smaller pair! Actually, we are so close to cooler weather that I will run my pants through the sewing machine this weekend and get some more use from them! I am NOT wasting money on clothes that I don't intend to stay in!

Last edited by MissScruff : Tue, Sep-07-04 at 11:48. Reason: Word usage
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 14:27

Stats: 182/172.5/135 Female 61"
BF:
Progress:
Default 1actress

Hi and thank you so much for the helpful replies. I know this forum will help me stay on track. I am leaving for the coast 9/8 for a month and will not have access to respond. My goal is to come back with a lot less of me than what went down. I'll let you know when I return.