Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#241   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-05, 12:35

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 260/238.8/160 Female 5 ft 8 inches
BF:49%/48%/20%
Progress: 21%

Hey ladies...Cindy asked me to join you since I am also doing the psmf...so, I guess I'll add in my experiences as well.

I started with psmf back at the end of August to get ready for my sister's wedding, went off for 4 days and then back on before my trip to Aruba. Fantastic results, but I tend to fall hard when I fall. I got back on again and was doing well after Aruba, but then took a 2 week break. Gained 10 pounds back. I am back on again as of yesterday. I have my 20 year class reunion coming up in 3 weeks and I need to get this 10 off..maybe more!

My biggest challenge is getting back on after a cheat...or being in a situation where I am hungry and not having my meal available. I intend to follow Atkins again after the 3 weeks...with minimal cheat meals. I am kind of an all or nothing kind of gal...I hope I can add to your support!
Sponsored Links
  #242   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-05, 14:31
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Welcome, Kat! Nice name.

Have you read the Flexible Dieting book? I think Lyle talks a lot about the "all or nothing" thinking that dieters often practice. For some people it really helps them deal with that. I know since I've been on PSMF I've found I can be "slightly off" or "mostly on" and not totally sabatoge all my efforts. Although when I first started, I had a lot more trouble with that concept.
  #243   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-05, 15:03

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 182/169.5/150 Female 5feet 5 inches
BF:39%
Progress: 39%

Ive got the perfect solution to disappointing free meals!! This technique helps me satisfy my cravings without comprimising the diet and feeling like Ive given in. When I see a food that I really want or am craving, I make it/buy it and then I simply freeze it for when I do want a free meal. For example, today at work there was garlc bread topped with cheese and bacon, potato grantin, and maple cured prok that looked and smelled SOOOO good. Instead of feeling like I just couldnt have it..like it was totally off limits, I bought a serving of each and will be taking them home to freeze them. That way, pyschologically, I dont crave it even more bc I dont feel like its totally off limits. At the same time, when I have my free meal, I can use portion control and have a little piece to satisfy my tastebuds. It might seem complicated but it works for me. There is some home made poridge in the freezer that my mother made that makes me weak. Instead of saying no, I simply frooze some and am waiting until Sunday when I can have a small portion to satisfy my urge.
I think of it as tricking myself into thinking that I can have what I really cant. For me, my urges increase when I say I cant have that food that I want...so I basically delay my rewards to a time that I wont feel guilty abt having it.
I hope it helps at least one other person.
  #244   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-05, 16:34

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 260/238.8/160 Female 5 ft 8 inches
BF:49%/48%/20%
Progress: 21%

Nancy...got the book, read the book, love the book! I just need to get my groove back. I did really well before Aruba...funny though, when I do slide, nothing really does it for me. I am always looking for that "special" food...and never find it. Day 2 again and I am doing well. Thank God for sf gum!

KCookys...you live in a very dangerous world!!!! My rule is to keep it out of the house. If it ain't here...I won't eat it. (Now to figure out how to keep hubby from buying crap that can tempt me....even though he goes through his stash pretty quickly...there is always that window of temptation!
  #245   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-05, 17:04

Plan: low cal, low carb
Stats: 196/145/140 Female 5'6.5
BF:23%
Progress: 91%

Still at 154 so am going to change my stats. I will be well and truly into VT at 153 (one day). Today am going for a personal training sessions to get a weights program at my newly fitted out gym.
  #246   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-05, 20:13

Plan: PSMF (from Veg Atkins)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'7"
BF:BMI 41.8/29.6/23.5
Progress: 73%

I had a great protein pudding this morning for breakfast. Now, it is made of soy (so don't shoot me!) but it is only 100 calories, 20 grams of protein, 2 carbs but 1 fibre and 2 grams of fat (well, as per the nutritional info on the side because they don't add up perfectly so they must be rounded numbers.)

It was really tasty and the weird thing is, it is made by Slyvester Stallone. Crazy, huh?

I have been keeping my calories pretty low (less than 800) although yesterday was 856. I am hungry right now, but it is 10pm and I am going to bed in about 5 minutes.

I went shopping today and I bought fat free processed cheese slices. I know that natural foods are better, but I couldn't find the Black Diamond (or any other) brand "hi-lo" cheese that I used to eat. It was high protein and low fat, therefore perfect for this diet!

So I got the slices to put on top of my egg white and mushroom omelets. Those egg whites do need some flavour! They are only 31 cals each and 0.2 fat. I used to hate cheese singles, but these are pretty good. They don't have that artificial taste that the regular ones have.

Has anyone been taking supplements like chrominum or anything like that? Did I already ask this question here? How do you 1000+ posters keep track of everything you say????
  #247   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-05, 20:17

I don't, but then I am frequently confused. I take lots of supplements, because I am old and need to.
  #248   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-05, 23:10
Have A LC Margarita!

Plan: PMSF
Stats: 175/175/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I am taking all kinds of supplements but not chromium. I am taking that yohimbe and I think it's working but who knows for sure!
  #249   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-05, 05:48
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Good morning all,

PB you made me laugh this morning... What makes you think we REMEMBER everything? LOLOL! We have journals, and usually account for everything in those. That soy product sounded very good! I found High Protein tofu in my grocers a couple of weeks ago. I'm using that to boost my protein in my Vietnamese soups. Then someone told me about soy noodles in the fridge section of my oriental market.. Have to go hunt that down! Hopefully that will be lower calorie than the Dreamfield's.

Val, your garden looks splendid. It looks like you must have the same topography as South Florida. All your plants look like plants we have here. I'll have to see what latitude line I'm on, and see if it coincides with your latitude line.

I discovered a cooking show on the food channel. It's called "Weighing In." Show follows 3 women for an hour. Puts them on a very restricted low fat diet, lots of fresh herbs and seafood, even mexican food, and then puts them on a 6 day a week, exercise regime. The show follows them for 3 mo, in an hour. I enjoyed it. I loved the mexican food, with the low low fat. Gave me some ideas. I found it on in the morning. You guys might want to TIVO it, or see if it's on at another time in your time zone. Lots of fish dishes, and he made a great shrimp scampi, with no fat. Major results with these women have been inches. One lady lost 9 inches in 3 mo, in her abdomen.(here's the link: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_tk)

I bought some calamari the other day. Usually, kid and I like to fry these up with soya powder and carb quick. But I wanted to do something without fat. I sauteed them in 2 T of olive oil saturated with fresh garlic. With onions and a great big tomato, it had tons of juice. I then, poured it all over a great big bowl of Dreamfield's pasta. The sauce was ample, drenched the noodles, and made for a great nearly fat free meal for both of us.. Y'know.. it's really easy to cook without fats now... I'm learning, I'm learning. and just prior to PSMFing, I had bought a gallon can of olive oil.. It's lasting me so much longer than before I was watching my fat intake.

In summarizing this post, I have to say, since starting, and maintaining PSMF in the manner in which I am doing, my fat has drastically changed, my clothes are fitting so much better, I'm not dropping the weight like I was before, only because of the alcohol, but yet, my diet has changed drastically, in that I feel so much healthier not consuming the large quantities of fat that I was previously. My body is adjusting, after all, I've been low carbing for nearly 33 yrs now. Been eating large quantities of fat for all of those years.... To think, I would sit down and eat a pound of bacon for breakfast and never think twice.... I do hope my body has forgiven me.

Carry on....

Last edited by PilotGal : Wed, Sep-28-05 at 06:00.
  #250   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-05, 06:29
muscle bound

Plan: Lyle's PSMF
Stats: 226/150/135 Female 5'7.5"
BF:46/20/sliced
Progress: 84%

Hahaha PG, know what you mean about the bacon,

Hi Kat!

KC, I do the freezing thing, too. That way I can make yummy things for the family without feeling deprived, cause I know it's there for my next free meal, if I want it.

GOOD NEWS!! Finally show a loss on the scale this morning......down to 77.5kg (170.5#), which is my lowest since I began dieting post pregnancy. <happy dance>
  #251   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-05, 06:42

Lynne, we are both in the subtropics, so that's why it all looks familiar. I would expect latitudes to be similar.
I was amused to see that cooking with 2 tabsp of olive oil is low fat for you! Strictly, that's not PSMF, but just lower fat, eh. I spray my pan with olive oil and then use some fluid to keep it from sticking too much...am getting used to doing this now and it works out pretty well. 2 tbsp of oil is still a lot of calories but a good habit to get into for keeping it all under control. Like you, I was swimming in the good fats and not losing any weight.
So good to hear you are making progress.

Lisa, congratulations! Will have to visit your journal right now.

That TV program sounds very interesting...do copy and pass on any recipes that are low calorie..
  #252   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-05, 08:33
Experimenter

BF:

Well, I've been mildly bad for awhile. I brought home some small packages of microwave popcorn. They're only 100 calories per package, but I've been eating 3 at a time! However, the good news is, that is about all I eat for a meal. The other thing was some low-carb Nutella... which is not low calorie or low fat and it is loaded with sugar alcohols. Well, normally I was have a little spoonful of it and stop. I was just fine. Never had any serious intestinal issues with it. Last night, I pressed my luck a little too far. I was in SUCH pain with gas and my belly was so hard and distended. Every time I woke up in the night, I'd be all cramped up with gas. Was nasty!

My poor cat, he's stoically laid between my legs in his usual position as we watched TV together and never once complained about the smells I was emitting.

The only good thing is that because I was in such discomfort I couldn't eat anything else.
  #253   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-05, 09:18
Experimenter

BF:

Oh hey! We're running out of month.

If you post want to post your stats I'll start the October thread with an update. Something like this:

Nancy: 14 pounds lost on PSMF since 6/1/2005
  #254   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-05, 11:40

Stats: 182/169.5/150 Female 5feet 5 inches
BF:39%
Progress: 39%

Nancy---did you say Low-Carb Nutella? Where did u find it?
  #255   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-05, 12:07

Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

Yay Dane!! VT for you!!

I'm trying to get back to vt... I'm back to 272 this am.

Thanks for starting the new thread Nancy. Can I give you my stats on Friday? I think I'll be down a few more by then I'd love to post a -30!!