Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-28-01, 12:33

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 207/202/155
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy WORRIED ABOUT LOSS

My husband did the Atkins thing 2 years ago and it worked really well for him. I started 8 days ago and have only lost 3 pounds. My husband says that's good, but my ketone levels range from
small to moderate. I am worried that i am eating too many calories. When reading the atkins plan, I thought I was just limited to 22 grams or less and then I could eat all I want. I just want to make sure I am on the right track. I have started this before and not done well. I felt like I was doing everything right this time, but the weight loss seems slow. All info is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-28-01, 13:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi seastwoos! welcome aboard! i think losing 3lb in a week is great! don't even try to compare your losses to your husbands. women lose much slower than men. our bodies want to store fat in case of famine! don't get hung up on the ketostix either. i hardly ever regiser anything, but i still lose. there are lots of factors that contribute to the stix changing colour. atkins says to eat as much as you need to be satisified, not to eat all you want. if you're hungry you should eat. please don't be discouraged and really give this way of eating a chance! it really works!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-01, 12:54

Stats: 157/154.5/96
BF:
Progress:

Hi,

This is my first post as I have only been doing the Atkins diet for 10 days. I have lost 4lbs so far and I feel great. I have an long way to go, but for once the weight loss seems to be achievable.

I certainly would not worry about the amount of weight that you are losing. Seems to me that as long as you are losing weight you should be celebrating your determination and drive to change what (for me at least ) are very old and comfortable eating habits!

Be patient, I bet the weight went on a lot slower than you are expecting it to come off!

Slimgill:
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-01, 14:00

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default WELCOME SLIMGILL!

welcome slimgil and congratulations on your wonderful 40lb loss! that's fantastic!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 06:45

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 207/202/155
BF:
Progress:
Smile slimgill has the right attitude

I just complete the 14 day induction and have lost 7 pounds. I thought that wasn't a lot until I actually thought about it. That's 3.4 lbs a week. I know that I definitely feel better - no longer have that sluggish , clogged up feeling.
Thanks for all the tips and advice.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 06:50

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Thumbs up WTG!

Congrats Sea! Doesn't it feel wonderful knowing you're doing something that is so good for you?

Keep up the great work!

Nat
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-01, 08:41
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

You don't have to worry about calories at first sea. Eat until you are satisfied.

You're right to give yourself a pat on the back. Any loss is good! Just think of how long it took you to gain weight.

Karen