Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-26-05, 09:56
Stay in the ZONE!!

Plan: atkins/mine
Stats: 253.5/253.5/200 Female 5'2"
BF:Losing It!
Progress: 0%
Default Does anyone have an ab lounge

Does anyone have an ab lounge. I have seen them advertised and thought they looked worth it. Has anyone tried them and have you seen results? I looked at them on ebay, but wanted someone's opionion from here before I decided to buy. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-26-05, 11:22

Plan: atkins
Stats: 156/135/125 Female 5 ft 5
BF:way too much
Progress: 68%

Hi Donna
I had a friend who purchased one...I would not recommend them. I think it is a bit of a farce, she had no luck with it what so ever. She gave up, and bought an exercise video.
Stick to a good ab exerecise video. I use The Firm ab sculpt....not easy, but I have seen great results. Thats the one area, where there is no magic cure except flat out hard work.

Good work girl ...in what ever you decide !
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 16:21
Registered Member

Plan: CKD
Stats: 310/240/210 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

A guy I work with brought one in for all of us to use if we wanted during downtimes. (You have to see our office...smile.) Really, it is a joke. It is a piece of junk. In addition, I must disagree with the talk about the only thing that works is exercise. True, you have to do that to build muscle, but you have to take off fat with diet to have a well defined abdomen.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-01-05, 15:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 295/174/185 Male 5"8'
BF:30%+/28%/20%
Progress: 110%

I had good results , but I can't say if it was more the ab lounge or the eating better and other exercises.. It helped with my back because after doing regular crunchs or sit ups my back would hurt. With this I was able to do more...
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Apr-23-05, 16:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 193/177/150 Female 5.4
BF:
Progress: 37%

I believe that if you ONLY use the AbLounge or chair or Abdoer and NOTHING else, that it won't help much. I believe that if you use it faithfully as a part of a balanced routine, it will help LOTS. It is still moving, and it is moving a part of our body that some of us would not move otherwise. I go to a gym that is something like Curves except we can adjust our machines. Lately though, have not been able to go as much---I fill in with my Gazelle, WATP tapes, and the Ab Lounge. Also, I have back/neck problems, and the stretch you feel on the Ab Lounge sure feels good. I have lost over 8 inches and 16 pounds since Jan 10th with this combination. Works for me. Joan