Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 11:48
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

I think it depends on your age. If you're in your twenties or early thirties CAD might be best. If in your late thirties or forties, CALP.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 10:41

Plan: Charles Clarke
Stats: 13/13/10 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:

Thanks! I didn't realize there was a reply because I only scrolled down to the end of page 1. Just got it now - I'm 32, so I'll try CAD. Tried Charles Clarke on 4th day today, and felt sooooo terrible, that I just had a tuna sandwich at lunchtime with two slices of wholemeal bread, and felt absolutely great again. I really hope the CAD way of eating isn't such a shock to the system. I was having about 30 grams of carbs a day, but felt tired, headachey, fluey and heavy. With 3 kids off school I just couldn't cope. Hey, maybe I'm just a wimp, but now I don't really know what to do. What's the CAD thing actually like to follow? Thanks, Ruth
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 11:21
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Why don't you read some of the threads on the CAD forum. And you can visit the journals of posters there and see what they eat. It may be the easiest diet you've ever been on.

Just remember, it's not Atkins with a Reward Meal!!! A lot of the foods are different!!
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 01:50

Plan: Charles Clarke
Stats: 13/13/10 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:

O.K.! Just off to give it a whirl - thanks for replying - Ruth
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 10:11
Registered Member

Plan: C.A.L.P. and Bernstein
Stats: 204/176/-140 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 8%

I took the test in the CALP book and scored 48 out of 50 but never tried this test until now. I was posting on another thread about being five weeks on CALP and finally starting to lose weight after years and years of trying and failing. I am ashamed to say I scored 100%. I suppose this is self evident now that I have found CALP to be the only diet that has worked for me.

I am still finding it difficult to include carbs in my RM's and find that I add the odd half a roast potato or some carrots or peas instead of other carbs and I haven't yet added a proper sweet (but then I am a diabetic so avoid sweet things anyway).

I am SO pleased I found CAD/CALP at last before it was too late
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 16:07

Plan: My own lactovegetarian
Stats: 130/110/112 Female 63 inches
BF:24.5%
Progress: 111%

I have been on Atkins for about 15 months and am having a hard time maintaining. I don't seem to be satisfied with my food as I did when I began Atkins. I just went to that website and took the test and according to it I am definitely an addict! I went to Amazon.com and ordered the calp book. So it will be interesting to learn about this plan and see if it meets my needs better than Atkins. I am glad I found this thread. Maybe I will be frequenting this thread more often. This is the first time I have been here.
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Oct-12-03, 18:38
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Welcome!!! There is a lot of information here and the CADers are a friendly, helpful bunch.
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Oct-24-03, 16:50

Plan: Keto 80/15/5
Stats: 264/263/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 1%

10 out of 10 for me too!

On Atkins I feel tired, achey...and I only lose about 3 lbs the first week and then I stall.

Maybe I will look into CAD.....

Thanks!
Natascha
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 08:44
Finding the Pieces

BF:

It wouldn't hurt to give it a try. It might be the easiest "diet" you've ever been on.
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 09:02
Registered Member

Plan: No particular plan
Stats: 160/155/140 Female 69
BF:
Progress:

Thanks for posting this link, it sounds interesting. I'm going to go take the test right now - I have a feeling I'll ace it, LOL!
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-04, 17:36

Plan: SBD
Stats: 183/176/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 15%

I am 100 percent full blown carb addict. I get out of control, but with eating the carb's in a 1 hour meal, I can control them and don't get hungry.
  #27   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 20:02

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 257/239/220 Female 5ft. 7 1/2in.
BF:
Progress: 49%

Zuleikaa--

I have been on Atkins for near a year now--got down to 218 from 251 and have now regained 10 pounds and am finding difficulty to stay on Atkins now. I have steared clear of potatoes-sweet potatoes--pastas and heavier carbs but now am having a very difficult time craving ice creams, sugars, candy bars-pies- cakes, etc since I have gone on low carb breads and the Atkins Ice cream bars etc.

Now I am on a search again. I have tried to go back on induction several times--tried to stay below 30 grams of carbs but can only maintain that for 4-5 days tops and then it is blow away the diet again and again.

I am wondering if I would do better on this diet. I am finding myself also craving fruit--oranges-watermelon etc.

Do you have any suggestions for me. Could the CAD be good for me?? My daughter has done this and has been successful. wondering if this might be what I need to. Know I passed the test with flying colors and then went to Atkins instead of the CAD--and she got irritated with me. Maybe she was right. Maybe I should have gone to Cad instead.

Got any suggestions for this old gal here?? Thanks much---Alice
  #28   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 10:51
Finding the Pieces

BF:

The symptoms you're showing are classic. We call it the binge cycle. You can only maintain Atkins for a few days to a week and boom, off you fall. CAD sounds perfect for you. You don't have to get into the heavier cars but summer is the time for fruits. A lot of us CADers go lighter on carbs during the spring and summer (fruits/veggies) and heavier on them in winter (baked goods/starches/sweets). I think it's just the way we're made.

Do come join us!!
  #29   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 11:41

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 257/239/220 Female 5ft. 7 1/2in.
BF:
Progress: 49%

Thanks Zuleika--Appreciate you response--Daughter has the book and has left it here. Funny thing though--am afraid to start another one at this point since I know what I should do on Atkins--Also have thought of Protine Power as well.

One other thing--I am a coffee and cream drinker-specially in the morning--you said that can cause stalls in weight loss. Is it the coffee or the cream??

Anway--Going to re-think all of this. Thanks--Alice/Aleka
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-04, 09:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 263/243/180 Male 6 0
BF:
Progress: 24%

100% as well!! Definitely nothing to be proud of. Well at least its getting better. The cravings are down.

Sugarfreak