Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-16, 19:09

Plan: Meat based
Stats: 136/120.2/114 Female 5 feet. 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 72%

Thanks Paulette! I'm feeling optimistic and ready for the uplifting conversation and tips. Looking forward to getting
to know you all. I've decided to begin day one of my nine ULC days today. Do you stay at 30? I'm kind of hung up on the 20 carb daily limit. (When I'm actually following a plan that is)
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-16, 19:24

BF:

Thanks Paulette! I am so ready for a new and improved way of eating. I look forward to all the conversation and helpful tips!
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-16, 07:08

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverLC
Thanks Paulette! I'm feeling optimistic and ready for the uplifting conversation and tips. Looking forward to getting
to know you all. I've decided to begin day one of my nine ULC days today. Do you stay at 30? I'm kind of hung up on the 20 carb daily limit. (When I'm actually following a plan that is)

I keep my ULC days VERY ULC. I mean like around 5-10. But I do go as high as 20 on rare occasions. I have always followed the Atkins '72 induction-style diet for such a long time that I am used to eating very very low carb. I consider myself in stage 2 of the A'72 plan when I do my LC stints now. My carbs mainly come from eggs, cream, cheeses, spinach, the rare veggie, sausages, cottage cheese and my own home-made cream yogurt now. I have made an occasional flax MIM now and then, too. And that's about the extent of it. But that is just ME. If you can handle up to 30 carbs a day and still reach ketosis then power to you!
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-16, 07:10

BF:

It seems I am down .8 lbs today. Not really the whoosh I was hoping for. I am going to hold off on having my CN for a couple days and see where I am at by then.
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-16, 07:46

BF:

Hi Paulette
I too have always followed Atkins 72. That as well as Meat and Edd and ZC. I function best at 10 carbs or below on a daily basis. I really am hoping the CNS helps me reign in on the late nite carb cheats I have allowed to creep in....

Not a huge fan of veggies: mainly lettuce, cucumbers, peppers and tomatoes are about it. I do love my pepper jack cheese though! I used to make the MIM's quite often.

July 4th will be grilled chicken, burgers, garden salad. Lots of water too! Take care!
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-16, 08:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.0/209.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Good morning.

CN was yesterday for me. Well, it turned into a carb day again. I am up 4.5 this morning. If I have a normal carb nite, I am up 4.5 to 5.5 also. This has been my normal pattern for the last couple months. Not sure why I gain so much. Well, at least I take it off and a little more.

I had watermelon yesterday, 2 big slices. It was sooooo good!

I went out for lunch and had half a turkey sandwich with a few bites of salad, it was strawberry/blueberry/pineapple with poppy seed dressing. And a nice piece of french baguette with butter.

Dinner was couple slices of pizza, a glass of Sangria, and then split a big slice of carrot cake with cream cheese icing with my hubs. It was a fantastic dinner.

Have a great Sunday everyone.
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-16, 09:30

Plan: IF+Keto+Carb Nite
Stats: 239.2/231.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Good morning.

Last night was the final night of my Modified Vacation Protocol that began last Sunday. During this time I had my son's Grade 12 Graduation family BBQ and banquet, my parents' 50th wedding anniversary party and attending the Meat Loaf concert last night. As of this morning I have only gained 0.8 pounds since last Saturday. I would say that the MVP was a huge success for me and I will not hesitate to use that again when the time arises.

I do expect for the next couple of days but then I expect it will come off quickly.

I've just had coffee with my HWC and Splenda so far this morning. Going to keep drinking my coffee as well as lots of water.

I will now continue ULC for the week and have my probably have my CN on Sunday. I usually have them on Saturdays but we are planning to go to the lake for the weekend and I think I would enjoy my CN more at home. We shall see.
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-16, 10:01

BF:

Paulette how do make your home made cream yogurt?
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-16, 10:03

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 222.2/169.4/155.0 Female 65
BF:32.4
Progress: 79%
Smile happy blessed sunday!!

good morning everyone! glad to see so many people on here
my last CN was supposed to be friday, but the hubby and i had an impromptu date night last night at a new restaurant and i just couldn't stay on plan. i can't have regrets, as we had a GREAT time
didn't/couldn't face the scale this morning, so today i will be very low carb/calorie, and will have a fresh start/weigh in tomorrow morning

PAULETTE.....congrats on the 0.8 loss!!

i hope y'all have a great day
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-16, 18:45

BF:

Quote:
Paulette how do make your home made cream yogurt?

Take 1 quart of 1/2 n 1/2, sometimes I use less and add pure whipping cream to make exactly 1 quart. Heat it slowly in pan on low/med heat until 180˚, stirring constantly. Place your pan in a sink of cold water and let it cool to 110˚. Add your culture and stir in well. I use about 1/4-1/2 cup of existing yogurt for a culture. I have an electric yogurt maker which is just an incubator and holds the temp constant. I pour my mixture in the container and let it sit in the incubator for about 10 hrs. It makes a nice thick and very rich yogurt. Culturing yogurt removes at least half of the carbs from the original mix. The longer you incubate, the lower the carbs. I drain the whey from the yogurt, too, which removes further carbs (I place some in a strainer lined with a coffee filter and let it drip over a mixing bowl overnight) Vóla! Greek Cream Yogurt!
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-16, 18:51

BF:

Today I spent the day at my Aunt's house. She grilled burger patties and brats. I had 2 patties and 1 brat, and also a very small salad. But I drank a lot of coffee & cream! It was a beautiful day but I am tired as we spent the whole day outside on her patio. I don't think I can stay up to watch the fireworks display here in town tonight. I am so sleepy!!!! I hope you all have a great Independance Day!!!!!!

Almost forgot - I ate 5 deviled eggs, too!!!!!
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Jul-04-16, 05:51

Plan: IF+Keto+Carb Nite
Stats: 239.2/231.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Popping by to say . Have a great day!
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Jul-04-16, 07:42

BF:

Happy July 4th to everyone! Paulette your meal sound somewhat like mine. We are having grilled chicken, burgers, hot dogs, cheese platter, deviled eggs, garden salad, baked beans and cake with cool whip, strawberries and blueberries. I'll pass on the baked beans and cake though. P S. Do you drink decaf coffee with your cream during the day or regular?
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Jul-04-16, 09:17

BF:

Quote:
Happy July 4th to everyone! Paulette your meal sound somewhat like mine. We are having grilled chicken, burgers, hot dogs, cheese platter, deviled eggs, garden salad, baked beans and cake with cool whip, strawberries and blueberries. I'll pass on the baked beans and cake though. P S. Do you drink decaf coffee with your cream during the day or regular?

I drink regular caffeine coffee. On occasion I have had decaf if I want coffee at night, but that is not too often.
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Jul-04-16, 09:23

BF:

I am back up the .8 from yesterday. Who knows why.

I have not been losing this week for some reason, and I have been very low carb and also lower calories. but my body seems to want to hang out at this weight for a while, so I will wait a couple days before considering my next CN.

Thursday will be day 10, so maybe that is a good time for the next CN. I was actually planning on having it TODAY. I was going to make bean burritos and Mexican rice. I even bought all the ingredients I needed. I will hold off until Thursday. If my weight has not budged by then, I will do the CN anyway. I will trust the process. I don't want to let it go much longer than that because I want to keep the hormones cycling.