Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 12:55

Plan: Atkins-Started 6 Jan 2003
Stats: 445/445/225 Male 6 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Count me in

I have only been LCing for 6 weeks but I can see no other way of eating for me. After this short time I am still ready to make a positive commitment. I want to see my kids grow up, get married and have kids of their own, but most of all I am doing this for me. I know I will win

I Kenny, always known as kenny, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and bad. I promise to keep working the low carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this- I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people that have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

Kenny
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 17:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 318/243.4/160 Female 5' 8.5"
BF:60%/41.85%/23%
Progress: 47%

I'm hesitant to make this commitment for two reasons. First I'm a busy mom of 1 year old and a 4 year old as well as a wife of a husband who has had health problems lately. Life tends to shake me up when I'm not looking and I have to stop the computer for awhile. I need all the support here so I hope to stay here permanently. My second reason is that In the past I have failed by looking to far forward into the future. Right now I'm trying to put blinders on and concentrate a couple of weeks at a time. I'm sure all of you can relate to having a lot of weight to lose and facing a long journey in front of you. It tends to overwhelm me when I look at the entire monumental task that lays before me. So I've specifically made it a point to not plan. (I'm a born planner...love to plan things...doing them is another story) So hopefully you won't mind that I modified it slightly so that I could join you in your pledge.

I Julie promise to stay on the forum every day in good times and bad. I promise to keep working the low carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this- I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people that have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

I hope this counts me in

Julie Huck
310/278/160
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 18:13

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 285/227/170 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I Nanette, a lurker here but frequent journal reader and poster, otherwise known as Nette or Netters to my friends which you all are, promise to stay on the forum for on full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. So help me God. Your friend - Nette

How many others have the same anniversary ... 02-10-03? I'll check and make you all my buddies.

If perchance I do die, I'll have my BH let you all know. Send flowers. Gardenias.
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 20:08

Plan: atkins
Stats: 268/211/134 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 43%

hello, I am so very new to this whole forum and overwelmed by all the computer stuff,

but if I can figure this out I promise to be here for a year yadda yadda,

I am amazed at the postings I have read and hope to be able to contribute someday, for now please forgive me as I stumble through the attempts,

is this going to the whole group or just a reply to the last poster? oh my am I confused

julienne

Last edited by julienne : Mon, Feb-10-03 at 20:09.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 21:19

Plan: atkins/PP
Stats: 490/459/200
BF:
Progress: 11%

what can we lose as I was searching for an answer last night, I noticed so many people, most of whom appeared to be doing well, just vanished, so here is to them.

I Eric, otherwise known as Bamrak, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 11:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, under 30/day
Stats: 335/289/185
BF:
Progress: 31%

I, Freydis, otherwise known as 4libros, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Freydis

Also, if something happens to me, my husband has agreed to come and tell you.
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 16:47

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

Count me in, too. I think this is a great idea...

I, Deborah (Deb) otherwise known as quikdeb, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

Deb
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 17:23

Stats: 437/???/200
BF:69%
Progress: 0%
Talking Don't Forget Big Mamma!!!

Hi all, haven't been here in a few day's quite busy...But did not forget about ya'll.....I would love to join the group....what a great idea....
I Celina...otherwise known as BigMamma promise to commit to this group for one year....I will continue to live and love the low-carb way and share all details with all that will listen. I know there will be day's that I mess up and just need some TLC from all of you very supportive people....I promise I will not just disappear without a notice to tell everyone what has happened. This really makes me feel more secure with getting to know and travell with everyone...Cheers Here's to a great, awesome low-carb year!!!!!!!
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 22:27

Stats: 260/235.0/165 Female 69"
BF:38.4/32.9/24.4
Progress: 26%
Default I WANT TO COMMITT TOO!!!!

Hey am I too late!!! I just stumbled on this thread and think it is a wonderful idea!!

orchidday, You are to be commended on such a Great thought!!

I had 100 pounds exactly to loose and only have 83 pounds to go. I have chosen Atkins because I know I must change my life style.

Here's my pledge......

I, Elizabeth, otherwise known as Lefty Liz, promise to committ to this extraodinary group for one full year. I promise to visit this thread on a very regular bases. I promise to stay true to this group in good times and in bad!! I will promise to continue to be as enthusiastic about low-carbing, in one-year as I am today! I will NOT just disappear without letting everyone know what I am doing or what has happened to me. I also promise to lead all posting on this forum with a strong and sincere heart!! I promise myself to be at my goal weight when we make the reunion thread!!!!

WOW!! I feel so energized now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 00:42

Stats: 269/245/150 Female 5ft 10in
BF:
Progress: 20%
Thumbs up Pledge

I Elaine, otherwise known as Began11903, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times. Your friend - Elaine

Spent the better part of today scouting around on this website, so much to read. Best to all us TDC'ers
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 20:04

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

I just wanted to say how inspired I was by each and every post here. A year is a heck of a long time. So much can change in our lives over a year. I know that for myself, I have a long ugly history of being in every weight loss program known to humankind. And I have failed at every one for the same reason.

I screw it up or get bored or quit losing or whatever. Then I quit going to the meeting, doctor, clinic, or whatever it was. I know for myself, that getting out of touch is a big red flag !!!!! I want to change that. I want to be here and post no matter how good or how poorly I am doing. Because that is the only way I will ever make it to my goal weight.

Even now, I find myself not wanting to post when I have had a rough time or done less than perfectly. Everytime I post and go around and visit my friend's journals, when I have messed up or am feeling blah about this, makes me stronger and keeps me going.

Without this forum, I don't think I would have made it this far. And I know that I won't make it another whole year without it. It keeps me honest, and provides me with support, encouragement and a good kick in the ass when I need it! Thank you all for being here. When I can eek out the time I am going to send each person who made the commitment a list of the others who did so we can keep track of each other this next year.

February 7th, 2004 is closer than we think! Cindi
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 22:06
Registered Member

Stats: 270/258.5/160
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default If the train hasn't left the station yet...

Please count me in! I'm new and Shannon so kindly directed me to check out TDC and I'm glad I did!

I Ellie , otherwise known as ConshyGirl , promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

I am looking forward to your friendship and support for the next year!
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-03, 02:07

Plan: I'm exploring
Stats: 281/256/146 Female 5'4"
BF:43%
Progress: 19%
Lightbulb Exploring and found the spot . . .

After the feelings of abandonment this past week, I'm anxious to join this group! Lesson learned though. It caused me to explore further all of the wonderful tools we have here to help us succeed.

I Madi , otherwise known as madcreek , promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

I'll tell my sister to write ya'll if I can't be here due to my demise.

What a week it was!!! Thanks to all of you for being here! I felt like an orphan!
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-03, 11:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 155/155/155 Female 5'2"
BF:20
Progress: 9%
Default Committment

I too am very leary of making a committment to do something for a whole year regarding this WOL. I am afraid of failing yet again, and yet, I feel this is it. I never thought a 'support group' would work for me - and I really don't look at all of you as a 'support' group - with the connotation it brings. Those types of meetings were always framed in the knowledge that each person might leave at any time - especially after they reached their personal goals - they would be gone. Those types of meetings were not with a way of life as the goal, but they had a sort of 'temporary atmosphere'.

I tried various group type meetings - TOPS, WW, etc. - I never really felt a part of a group - and maybe that is my own fault. They required a lot of effort to go to a physical meeting every week and also there was risk in 'opening up' to strangers. I also didn't want more people to 'see' me fail yet again. I also didn't want to make friends and then lose them again - after investing of myself into others, which I do when I meet people, and endure more rejection. Rejection becomes a way of life with 100+ pounds to lose as you all know very well. To be successful, you must learn to live among the rejection and learn how to minimize it as much as possible.

After reading posts all week, I have not come across one post that was negative or judgmental in this group and I feel a safety here that I have never experienced before - not that I am expecting from anyone to provide to me anything - but, it is being given here - and freely and with sincerity - so, therefore, because of the wonderful things I have learned, and have seen here among the members, I am ready to risk the possible losses for the inevitable gains that making a committment to all of you will bring, so...

I, Patti, otherwise known as PattiK, promise to commit to this extraodinary group for one full year. I promise to visit this thread on a very regular basis. I promise to stay true to this group in good times and in bad!! I will promise to continue to be as enthusiastic about low-carbing, in one-year as I am today! I will NOT just disappear without letting everyone know what I am doing or what has happened to me. I also promise to post to this forum with sincerity.

Patti

Last edited by PattiK : Thu, Feb-13-03 at 11:05.
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-03, 11:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, under 30/day
Stats: 335/289/185
BF:
Progress: 31%

Yay, Patti!!! You did it!

We won't let you down.