Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#181   ^
Old Mon, Jun-04-18, 13:54

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello all,

Amy I just can’t stop eating cheese when I tried to incorporate it. 4 ounces heck I could inhale 8 ounces at a sitting. Plus I found myself thinking about it and obsessing so it is out of my life!
De, I always had a pool when my kids were growing up they luved it vacation in the back yard! Gosh the parties and volleyball games we played! When they got older no interest and I was doing all cleaning and maintenance so got rid of it!
DD says her next house will have a pool. I will definitely enjoy 😉!
Have a marvelous Monday and take care of yourself!
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Mon, Jun-04-18, 15:04

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Happy Monday

I made it to the gym this morning and then I cooked up a couple of eggs when I got home. Now I’m having some iced coffee. I need to make another batch! I like to keep iced coffee and iced tea containers in the fridge so they’re handy.

I need to make it to the store for some chicken for later today. That would be good with a small side salad.

Hi Berni yeah pool maintenance can be a pain, but DH is in charge of that, so I guess I can handle that. It will just be a pain while it’s being put in. Been there, done that and it’s a big headache. But moving to a new house that already has a pool would be a pain too!

Hope you all are having a great Monday!!!
  #183   ^
Old Mon, Jun-04-18, 15:46

Plan: p:e
Stats: 298/149/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Happy Monday

Reporting in...staying on plan. Feeling incrementally better.

There was a battle with a jar of salty peanuts at work last night but I won. It really helps knowing I will be reporting in here so thank you so much!

Delaney, your workout plan is so impressive! Wow!
You can enjoy that landscaping one more year while you plan your pool. It will be wonderful for your family.

Yes Bernie, eight ounces of cheese was becoming a serving size for me. Like a candy bar . Maybe it is better than eating a king size snickers? Not sure. I'm categorizing them together in my mind because it would never occur to me to eat candy at this point.

A bar of cabot hunter's sharp cheddar = king size snickers. There.

Have a good evening everyone!
  #184   ^
Old Tue, Jun-05-18, 08:19

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hello Everyone! Boy oh boy, I miss a couple days here and things are going wild! I read throuh 2 pages of posts!

Hello Oh Amy! I missed you! glad to see you again! I, too, can mow down on a whole bar of cheese if allowed. So I do not allow! I have done it.

I have been unsusually busy lately! And in this time I managed to drop 3.2 lbs. I swear my losses come in bursts like that. I go for days and days with nothing, then a whoosh.

So I am only 19.2 lbs from my goal. And I feel pretty good now. I have a lot of excess skin. I feel like I am living in a deflated ballon! I bet if this skin was removed I would be close to goal. And I don't think I want to go much lower than 175. I think I would start looking a bit skeletal! I don't want that. I just want to be NORMAL.

I finally found some sale lettuce and spinach, so today will be a salad with shrimp and leftover carne asada strips. No cheese!

It is too cold here to swim in my pool lately. I do like to sit out in the sun, though. I don't have much insulation left on my body, so the warmth of the sun is awesome to me. I am getting brown.

You all have a great day!
  #185   ^
Old Tue, Jun-05-18, 18:43

BF:

Hey!

Busy, busy day today! It was another full day with the grandkiddos. They played in the kiddie pool and with all the toys that I have here and they took some home with the promise of bringing them back.

I had a huge salad around lunch time and I’m still full, I think that’s it for the day.

All that exercise I am now doing makes me feel really good, but I haven’t dropped a pound in the two months since I started the program! It’s my insulin resistant stubborn body. I think the best I can do is try to maintain, I can’t count on losing anymore weight!

Paulette, you are getting really close now to your goal
Awesome!!

#186   ^
Old Tue, Jun-05-18, 21:28

BF:

Busy night for me. On plan. No cheese!

Hi Paulette, I am excited you are so close to goal. You have always been such an inspiration!

Delaney you prob have built some muscle with exercising so that is good! Muscle weighs more than fat (is that still true?).

See you tomorrow
  #187   ^
Old Wed, Jun-06-18, 06:17
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Howdy, Everybody!

Wishing all of you a totally wondrous HUMP Day! It's all downhill to the weekend from here!

Paulette:
HUGE HUGE Congrats on your continued success!

WOWzer less than 20 lbs to GOAL! You are ROCKIN' this for sure! WTG! You'll be there before you know it!

De:
Sounds like you're über busy with the grands! Any plans for a vaca this summer with just you and the RDH?
Quote:
All that exercise I am now doing makes me feel really good, but I haven’t dropped a pound in the two months since I started the program! It’s my insulin resistant stubborn body. I think the best I can do is try to maintain, I can’t count on losing anymore weight!
I know what you mean about exercising making you feel really good! That's how I feel as well. As for losing anymore weight, I hear ya!

With all the exercising I do, you'd think I'd lose something but THAT really isn't my goal. I haven't lost a thing in years... Imma maintaining and to me that's the MOST important thing.

For me, exercising is just to keep my joints, muscles etc working and as healthy as possible the older I get, KWIM?

Adding my philosophy on exercising (which is shared by lots of people in the health area) and I've shared this before:

Exercise is good for cardio/pulmonary health and for strengthening muscles and bones. Exercising has also shown to improve blood pressure and possibly to increase the HDL ("good") cholesterol. However, the "calorie burning" effects of exercise are often VASTLY OVERSTATED.

Basically, you CAN’T do enough exercising to burn a significant amount of kcals (calories) to affect weight loss...

BUT exercising is AWESOME for overall good health, keeps your joints healthy, can help you re-shape your body etc...and gosh dare it, it makes you feel amazing that you're doing something more to improve your health, at least it does for me!

Amy:
Quote:
Busy night for me. On plan. No cheese!
WTG! That's the way to do it! OP all the way, baby!

I totally get the no cheese thing, it really is like crack to me...
Quote:
Muscle weighs more than fat (is that still true?).
I think that's still true.

Me:
8 1/2 weeks left of my perpetual weekend. School starts up again with the first in-service day on 6 Aug.

Keepin' busy by playing guitar, writing songs, knitting, sewing, reading and worshiping the .

Plus more importantly, staying 100% OP every.single.day b/c it's my CHOICE. Can't forget the daily exercising! Like I said in my journal: So grateful that my weight training and PPWs stopped becoming a "chore" I have to battle thru each morning. I don't really remember when that attitude flipped, but Imma so thankful!

Wishing all of you continued success on your journeys to better HEALTH!

Last edited by Just Jo : Wed, Jun-06-18 at 06:24. Reason: Option M: More to say of course! HA!
  #188   ^
Old Wed, Jun-06-18, 09:21

BF:

Good Morning!

1) I agree with Jo on the exercise and it being good for all over health!

2) I agree with Jo about staying OP. That is so important!

Staying OP isn’t always easy. This is a carb world and I’m living in that world with my family and eating differently than them. But then my body is different, so I know this is the only way for me. I get pretty good support, but I’m still offered carbs that I don’t eat. The grands are always wanting to share, which of course I don't.

In addition to the carbs I also have to control my calories and use portion control. It’s easier with LC eating because it helps control the cravings and hunger. Usually!

I made a new batch of cold brew coffee and I’m drinking some right now. It’s so good!

It’s good to see everyone posting here! Makes me smile

Have a great HUMP day!
  #189   ^
Old Wed, Jun-06-18, 10:39

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hello Everybody! Thank you all for the encouragement! This place is the best for staying on track. I love all you guys!

No changes for me today. And it is so cold here! Rainy and cold and gloomy. Can't even sit out in the sun to warm my bones. My nose and toes are cold. I am wearing a sweatshirt.

I don't do aerobic exercise. I never liked it, but now I can't do much of it at all. And my hip joints hurt, so I can't even walk far. It hurts to go shopping! But once a month I go to a very simple yoga class. I also have vertigo, so the balancing stuff is very hard for me. I do most of those poses hanging on to a chair. But the floor poses feel great! So I do agree that exercise is good for strength and flexibility. But you have to find the right exercise for your body.

Today I am having a spinach salad with smoked chicken and pepperjack cheese. Yes, today I am having cheese. I only have about 1.5 oz, though, so it is mainly for protein. I need to go to the store to buy and avocado to make my delicious dressing.

I hope you are all having a much warmer day. Talk to you all later!
  #190   ^
Old Wed, Jun-06-18, 11:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins restart
Stats: 165/159.9/140 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:Not sure
Progress: 20%

Joining the thread.
  #191   ^
Old Wed, Jun-06-18, 17:03

BF:

Agree, Paulette, this is the best place to stay on track. Few people are like-minded about this problem and the solution, although the times they are achangin'...

Jo, I love your philosophies and your consistency. You seem invulnerable but I can see it is a daily decision. Great role model for me. Enjoy your well earned lonnnnnng weekend. Two months from today you'll be ready for your kids again.

Delaney, same thing here with family. Food is a big part of daily life. No carbs tempt me but the cheese, bacon, nuts do. BUT it is my choice to stay on plan. I'm in charge of what goes in my mouth.

Keeping it simple with egg salad and tuna salad along with some celery and lettuce these days. Mayo (Hellman's and Jo's) is a big part of how I keep my fat high enough to be happy, unhungry and lose weight.
  #192   ^
Old Thu, Jun-07-18, 03:36

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello all,

Hope everyone has a terrific day!

De... I agree with you and Jo on exercise!
I hit the trail daily with my doggie and get in 3-5 miles. I feel great but it doesn’t take any weight off. Strictly watching the carbs portion control and kcal is the only way I maintain.
There is no invisible ladder I can climb and not gain weight!
Even adding more veggies other than spinach or lettuce moved the scale. Cheese is like crack to me once I start I can’t quit!
I even watch my protein portions because I can over eat that also!
Amy and Paulette.... I do agree that this is the best place for accountability! Knowing that I have like minded friends here always helps and motivates me to stay on plan!
To all I will be heading to Florida on Friday!
Three day Accounting recertification and then joining my family and grandkiddies for fun at Disney!
My cooler tote is packed with tuna a jar of dukes mayo and my jalapeño relish! I am ready especially since I am traveling with carb and sugar eaters who will be stopping along the way for munchies!
Have a terrific Thursday and take care of yourself!
I will be checking in for accountability throughout my trip!
  #193   ^
Old Thu, Jun-07-18, 05:57
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Happy Friday Eve, everybody!

Hope everyone is doing well this terrific Thursday!

Hello and to the thread, bee_g!

De:
Quote:
In addition to the carbs I also have to control my calories and use portion control. It’s easier with LC eating because it helps control the cravings and hunger. Usually!
Same here about controlling portions, carbs and kcals!

I know I am fortunate that I live alone & don't have to worry about "bad" carbs in my house etc...

BUT remember, I lost all my weight etc still living with the ex-bf who was a huge carb eater. So it's do-able, like you've proven De and the others who have been successful living this WOE with fam who are carb-ers!

It really is a choice every single day, every single meal...

Paulette:
Awww man, sorry to hear you are having such nasty weather....HEY, send it my way and we can swop. I'll trade you 100 degrees and for a couple of days!
Quote:
But you have to find the right exercise for your body.
Yeppers! And we've all seen on here where peeps do no extra exercising and still lose weight. I love this quote which proves this point exactly: "You Can't Out Run the FORK!"

B/c it's not about CI/CO like we've been brain-washed to believe!

Amy:
Quote:
Jo, I love your philosophies and your consistency. You seem invulnerable but I can see it is a daily decision.
Invulnerable??? Oh hardly, it's just I've come to a place in my life where being as healthy as possible is more important then feeding "Fat Jo" her carb-age crap!

I seriously will be kickin' ass and takin' names well into my 60s (OMG, that's NEXT YEAR!!!!), 70s and beyond. I see too many people around me who are younger and suffer from so many ailments related to improper eating and lack of physical activity etc, KWIM?
Quote:
Great role model for me.
Wow, thanks for that...so sweet of you to say!
Quote:
Enjoy your well earned lonnnnnng weekend. Two months from today you'll be ready for your kids again.
It'll get old in about a week or so... only so much FUN FUN FUN, I can stand! I really do love teaching my kiddos! Imma usually as anxious, or more so, then the kiddos, for school starts up again!
Quote:
Keeping it simple with egg salad and tuna salad along with some celery and lettuce these days. Mayo (Hellman's and Jo's) is a big part of how I keep my fat high enough to be happy, unhungry and lose weight.
WTG with your eating plan! Keepin' it simple has always worked for me and continues to do so b/c of all my food related issues!

I've been eating lots of tuna salad (Duke's mayo, dill relish & jalapeño relish) with my usual leafy green salad lately! I seriously can not remember the last time I've had any other type of protein...

Berni:
I know you'll have a BLAST in FL with your fam after your re-certification classes! Wishing you safe travels my friend!

Yep, totally agree that this place really does help us stay accountable!

You, De and I have soooo much in common regarding our WOE/WOL. I guess that's why we've been friends for gosh, how many years now??? Hmmmm, Imma thinking it was around Spring 2014 when I popped into that "other" site which has since shut down...
Quote:
My cooler tote is packed with tuna a jar of dukes mayo and my jalapeño relish! I am ready especially since I am traveling with carb and sugar eaters who will be stopping along the way for munchies!
That's why you're a Warrior Member of TEAM 5%!

Quote:
I will be checking in for accountability throughout my trip!
Imma glad you'll be coming in here during your trip to Disney!

Me:
Still rockin' & rollin' my WOE/WOL! No complaints whatsoever! I 💚 that!

Was a busy busy sewing bee yesterday... check out my journal for my latest sewing project.

Keeping busy with sewing, knitting, playing guitar etc... Life is GOOD!

Onward and DOWNWARD, my LC friends!

Last edited by Just Jo : Thu, Jun-07-18 at 06:03. Reason: Option F: Fixin' Flippin' typos ~ as usual! Pfffffffffft!
  #194   ^
Old Thu, Jun-07-18, 12:53

BF:

Hi All!

I made it to the gym today, it was a good workout I had a little tuna when I got home with some homemade coleslaw.

Jo ...I’ve never forgotten it’s a choice!

Bernie ...have fun on your trip to Florida! That’s great you take a cooler for your tuna & Mayo. I haven’t seen any place here that sells Dukes.

Paulette .. I sometimes have balance problems too. Luckily it hasnt affected me at the gym! Cold weather this time of year is unheard of here... Too hot, yes!

Amy ...sounds like you’re getting back in the groove staying away from the cheese is really good

Bee .... pop in and join the group, we would be pleased to see you posting here.

Have a terrific Thursday everyone
  #195   ^
Old Thu, Jun-07-18, 16:33

BF:

There is a theme going on here with tuna and Dukes.
(Hellman's for me since we do not have Duke's.)

My exercise is walking/hiking with my dog too but he started limping a couple weeks ago and is on bedrest . He is improving now but I probably need to give it another week. I my faithful companion. We both think carbs are dumb too .