Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Wed, May-16-18, 18:57

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hello Everyone! It was in the 80's here, too, today. But I had to stay in most of the day to work. When I went outside for a break it was so nice!

Weigh-in was the same. Let's see what tomorrow may bring.

I had my salmon patty yesterday and it sucked badly! It was so gross that I only had a couple bites, then gave it to the dog. AND HE WOULDN'T EVEN EAT IT! Now you know something is bad when the dog won't even eat it. That is pretty bad.

The last time I saw that happen was years ago when I tried a beet. I couldn't eat it so I gave it to the dog, who took it in his mouth and promptly spit it back out.

Today I had coffee, some mixed nuts, and a piece of Ed's leftover steak. Not much, but I did not have much of an appetite. I drank a lot of Bai Strawberry Lemonade drink. The sugar free stuff, of course. Now I am getting ready for bed and still not hungry. I bet it will catch up to me tomorrow.

You all have a great night!
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Wed, May-16-18, 19:50

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hello ...Happy Hump Day

Pretty much SOSAD, gym day, made my 90 min workout

I had one meal today. A large salad, tuna, olives, onions, peppers, Parmesan cheese with homemade salad dressing. it was good.

The weather continues to be nice this week, in the 80’s. If I remember I will do some yard work in the morning.

I’ve been drinking a lot of iced tea and iced coffee..

Paulette, that salmon patty had to be bad if the dog wouldn’t even eat it!!!
  #138   ^
Old Thu, May-17-18, 13:01

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello all

Weather is beautiful in the 80’s

De.... your tuna salad 🥗 sounds yummy! I been making a large salad lately with the red leafy lettuce tuna and jalapeños topped with my olive oil dressing! Sometimes I add hard boiled egg whites it tasty also.

Saturday went and had my cholesterol test done! PCP finally agreed to check if my LDL made up of fluffy or marshmallow takes 8 days for results. Hoping for good news if no movement then I have to take the repatha. I really don’t want to do that!
I have grandkiddies for the weekend their parents have a big work conference!
Okay have a terrific Thursday and take care of yourself!
  #139   ^
Old Thu, May-17-18, 18:24

BF:

Hi Berni,

My doc won’t check for fluffy vs non-fluffy, because regardless, they don’t want my LDL to be high. I have another appt next week & we’ll see what he says after I went off statins and my LDL went back up. I’m sure he won’t like that, I started back up on the lower dose of statin and that’s all I’m willing to take.

Sorry to hear your DSS is still having problems. That’s got to be frustrating for sure!

We are having grilled shrimp tonight with cauliflower and a pesto sauce.
  #140   ^
Old Thu, May-17-18, 18:34

BF:

Hello Everyone!

Those salads you are all describing sound SO GOOD. I am going to run to the store in a bit to see if they have any lettuce leaves on sale. The regular price is so outrageous to me, I wait until it goes on clearance. Then I can get a $3.99 bag of leaves for only 89¢.

But I did have tuna with 1/2 cup of cottage cheese today. I like that a lot. I didn't have dinner yet, and it is getting late, so not sure if I want to eat or not.

I weighed myself and I am exactly the same. Maybe tomorrow....

It was in the 70's today, very nice, no humidity. I love May.

You all have a great night!
  #141   ^
Old Sat, May-19-18, 11:47

BF:

Happy Saturday

Just wanted to check in. Not much happening around here. Yesterday was gym day & I went, although I was really tired and dragging yesterday. I feel more awake today. I also got some yard work done yesterday.

I am fixing turkey cutlets with vegetables today. I get the cutlets at Trader Joe’s. Vegetables are squash, peppers, onions and mushrooms, lightly sautéed. I’m holding out for that meal. Sticking with coffee until I make it.

I hope you all are having a wonderful, fun weekend. We are going out tonight, a get together with my DH’s former co-workers. Not really looking forward to it.
  #142   ^
Old Sat, May-19-18, 12:32

BF:

Hello Everyone!

I am down another lb today. Staying in Onderland! I need to get a good 5 lbs less, then Onederland will stay, even during my edema days. Right now, I can start retaining water and I don't even want to look at the scale when that happens. I know, sounds stupid. I shouldn't obsess with that scale so much.

It has been so nice the past few days, and last night I forgot to close up the windows on my car. Of course it rained overnight. But I am very busy this weekend with work, and will be next week, too. I will try to get on here daily if possible to stay accountable!

I had stir fried pork tenderloin with celery and cauliflower for lunch. Ed is smoking all sorts of meats today, so I will sample those for dinner tonight! He's got whole chickens, chicken drumsticks, and pork tenderloin in that smoker.

You all have a great day today.
  #143   ^
Old Sun, May-20-18, 09:16

BF:

Hello Everyone!

I am down another 1.2 lbs today. And as of yesterday I am finally OVERWEIGHT!!!!

HOORAY FOR BEING OVERWEIGHT!!!!!

I HAVE BEEN IN THE OBESE CATEGORY FOR SO MANY YEARS I CANNOT EVEN REMEMBER.

So I am a very happy camper.

Today I am going to have more smoked chicken and pork for lunch and dinner. And I am once again going to see if there is any sale lettuce leaves at the store. They have not had anything in the clearance bin for a week. And if they did, some other lucky shoppers got it first. I want a salad with my meat today.

I have a bit of work to do, a few ads and some new packaging work, then I can enjoy the sun. You all have a great Sunday
  #144   ^
Old Sun, May-20-18, 09:46

BF:

Good Morning All

Paulette that’s GREAT! what a good way to wake up on a Sunday morning hurray for being overweight indeed

I am barely awake this morning so I don’t know what’s on my schedule yet. Books are due soon so I have to read. I also have to get over to Kohl’s, last day to use my coupon.

Last night wasn’t too bad. Glad to have it over with as I hate going out at night.
  #145   ^
Old Sun, May-20-18, 11:29

BF:

Hello all!

Paulette fabulous news! You got this the weight just melting off like you said you really don’t need so much fat just cut the carbs and the magic happens!

No hunger cravings and weight loss! Yep we have an allergic reaction to carbs they make us fat and depressed!
Have a spectacular Sunday and take care of yourself!
  #146   ^
Old Tue, May-22-18, 08:33

BF:

Hello Everyone!

I have been at my Aunt's house for the past couple days. It is the 2 year anniversary of my Mom's passing and we are spending it together.

She does not have a scale, so I will not weigh until tomorrow morning.

My Aunt does not have food in her house - only crappy stuff I cannot eat. So we went out for our food. Yesterday I had a ham & swiss salad with ranch. I brought some of my leftover pork stirfry for dinner. Today we will go out for bacon & eggs.

This week will be extremely busy for me, so forgive me if I forget to pop in for food and weight reports. I need to do this for the accountability, so I don't want to get in the habit of forgetting!

Thanks all for the support and cheers. The support I get from this group keeps me going! Carbs are evil enemies which we must avoid if we want to remain healthy and maintain a normal weight! Death to carbs!

You all have a great day!
  #147   ^
Old Tue, May-22-18, 11:21

BF:

Hello all,

De, I got my cholesterol report back my HDL At 67.
LDL down to 108. Triglycerides At 52. Oh happy day so the increased cholesterol meds and cutting out egg yolks, and limiting chik and turkey seemed to help. I am eating a ton of veggies too mainly spinach, jalapeños, peppers, cucumbers, asparagus and I have been pushing the broccoli and cauliflower!
Of course have to be on this for the rest of my life but I Good with that. Luv veggies and tuna. Egg whites not so bad with lots of spinach on them. Just happy I finally got good numbers!
Have a terrific Tuesday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #148   ^
Old Tue, May-22-18, 17:38

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletteB1
Hello Everyone!

I have been at my Aunt's house for the past couple days. It is the 2 year anniversary of my Mom's passing and we are spending it together.

She does not have a scale, so I will not weigh until tomorrow morning.

My Aunt does not have food in her house - only crappy stuff I cannot eat. So we went out for our food. Yesterday I had a ham & swiss salad with ranch. I brought some of my leftover pork stirfry for dinner. Today we will go out for bacon & eggs.

This week will be extremely busy for me, so forgive me if I forget to pop in for food and weight reports. I need to do this for the accountability, so I don't want to get in the habit of forgetting!

Thanks all for the support and cheers. The support I get from this group keeps me going! Carbs are evil enemies which we must avoid if we want to remain healthy and maintain a normal weight! Death to carbs!

You all have a great day!

I know those anniversaries are emotional... (((hugs))) ...it’s nice you have your aunt for support!

Good for you for staying on plan through everything, including the crappy food
  #149   ^
Old Tue, May-22-18, 17:43

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Hello all,

De, I got my cholesterol report back my HDL At 67.
LDL down to 108. Triglycerides At 52. Oh happy day so the increased cholesterol meds and cutting out egg yolks, and limiting chik and turkey seemed to help. I am eating a ton of veggies too mainly spinach, jalapeños, peppers, cucumbers, asparagus and I have been pushing the broccoli and cauliflower!
Of course have to be on this for the rest of my life but I Good with that. Luv veggies and tuna. Egg whites not so bad with lots of spinach on them. Just happy I finally got good numbers!
Have a terrific Tuesday warriors and take care of yourself!

Those numbers are AWESOME!

I haven’t been as good as you, but I should be! I am hoping that going to the gym will help some. I have added a lot of veggies, but have not been as good as you about cutting back on the meats. I guess what you’ve done really shows what we eat really contributes to how good/bad our cholesterol is!

WTG Berni!
  #150   ^
Old Wed, May-23-18, 17:30

BF:

Hello Everyone!

Bernie, your numbers are quite excellent. Congrats! Good thing you like vegs. Impossible for me to eat.

I'm a busy busy bee today and nothing to report. Weight is the same. Nice day out there and I cannot even get out to enjoy it!

I had 2 brats and some cheese today. I have a P3 snack for later. Other than that, coffee is good.

Thanks for the hugs, D. Have some back!

Time to get back to work. You all have a great night!