Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-05, 16:43
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 173/166/150 Female 5ft 9.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default 53 days quit, 3 days LC

I quit on Nov. 29 and have started LC this week, 3 days ago. I have been really hungry and have been eating a bunch--the right foods, but lots of it!! Am I going to get in trouble and will this back off at some point?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-21-05, 21:20

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

Great going with your quit!

I'm just about 19 days myself. Cravings aren't too bad, for the most part, but a few nights have been worse.

Personally, I think the hunger has to be handled as well as pampered to. The first few weeks, don't worry about it....do what you have to to stick with the cigarette quit. If possible, stick to only approved foods....that right there is a big step. After you find that the cigarette quit is under control, start trying to control your intake again.

I'm still at the pamper part....but I know from previous quits that if you don't get it under control you're gonna pick up that cigarette again! While I feel strongly that eating LC vs LF allows you to eat a whole lot more....eventually your going to gain weight, LC or not. And that could discourage you enough to go back to smoking.

Since you've pretty much stuck with allowable foods, start planning your day and plan in snacks. Make yourself stick with a schedule....or at least a certain amount of time between meals and snacks. Get some SF hard candy to fill in the gaps....but watch them too! They can become addicting too!

Now mind you, I've done this before. I've even quit for a couple of years and gone back. That is NOT going to happen again. I'm 50 now and I know if I don't quit now my life is going to end much earlier than I want it to. Also, I'm tired of being dependent on something that not only costs me money, but gives me bad breath, burns my clothes, and puts myself and my pets at risk of all kinds of things.

Good luck and keep up the great job you've done so far!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 17:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/160/135 Female 5'5''
BF:?
Progress: 77%

Congrats on quitting! I quit nov. 30 and started lc'ing 3 weeks ago--the past couple of days tho I have been just aching for a smoke!! help!!!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-05, 19:10
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 173/166/150 Female 5ft 9.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 30%
Lightbulb you can do it!

Puddy, if you can hang in there, which I know you can because I have, it will pass & get much better. I have noticed this in the last few days. From time to time it really whacks me, but it goes away much quicker now. My worst 2 days so far were 38 & 39 when my dh and I decided to enter into a 2 day WWIII. But if I got through that, then I can get through anything. I never would have known that if I hadn't had a really tough time!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-05, 08:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/160/135 Female 5'5''
BF:?
Progress: 77%

Been there myself Miss B.!!
I know that I will not smoke again but geez... somedays are just harder than others!
What happened was this---I had my DH around for the whole weekend because of the snow--was PMS'ing--and then went grocery shopping--had to go thru the bakery-dam-and when I was walking back to my car--which was stuck in snow-someone was walking near me just a smokin away!!
I got thru it but then I weighed myself for the week and only lost a pound--mad at myself because I was the one going slightly over on my carbs for 1 too many days! and I know better!!
but this week I am totally going to be strict and strong--my TOM is almost over and I am going to lose dogdabit!!!!
Have a nice day!