Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Aug-05-04, 06:33
Recovering Yo-Yo

Plan: What's best for me
Stats: 291.6/147/164 Female 5'8"
BF:A work in progress
Progress: 113%

Morning all~

I agree with Tracy. The thing that I have found is that different days bring on different wants....one day I may want rice as part of my RM....another I want ice cream....the choice is yours! I absolutely love CAD.....it has been my saving grace.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Aug-05-04, 07:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/210/125 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi guys, i have been on and off here for a while. i realize if i am going to do this for life, i have to be 100% committed to this. i can start by coming on here EVERYDAY and posting how i am doing, and if i feel like straying, why i might be doing that. you guys are great support and i really need advice from all of you that finally committed and are succeeding at this way of life.

so in saying that, i am making a fresh clean start today, weighing in at 197. i am going to erase all the failed attempts i have tried at cad and start anew, hopefully for the last time.

this week, i am doing great with excercising, now i have to get my eating under control once and for all if i am going to reach goal or close to it by my 40th birthday on april 28th 2005.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Aug-05-04, 13:00

BF:

hey guys, i am outta here, i hope you dont think i am rude, but i am just not ready to committ. i am off the emailing list and i am logging off here. thanks for everything. i cant keep coming back here and wasting my time and everyone elses. i am just gonna have to figure this out on my own.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Aug-06-04, 14:14

BF:

i know i sound like i am completely insane!! i get this way on pms. i guess i just get like a baby, i want to eat what i want to eat when i want to eat it. which is the way i always was able to eat , till i turned 30 and had my first and only child. since i never really had a weight problem , it became so hard to try to change what i have been doing all my life. i know i was alot more active before, but i am working on that. when i talk to people doing ww pts, i get jealous that they can eat carbs all day but count pts for them, so i talk myself into thinking i can do that to. then i come here and see all the success stories and hear people with the same problems i have about eating and they are having success. then i want to do this. do you see how i keep getting confused on what i want to do?? i am not hungry on this but i often just talk myself into saying i can eat a bagel for breakfast and then stay in control the rest of the day, when in reality i cant. i am just frustrated with myself for not making a decision and sticking to it. guess i will try again with cad tomorrow. i appreciate all who put up with my insanity reguarding what i want to do to lose weight and try to beat my bingeing on carbs. i guess like my addiction to food , social and weekend drinking, i am addicted to this website, i just cant leave, i tried so many times before. guess i will try to stay and stick this out.

i hope everyone else is doing well.
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Aug-06-04, 20:13

Plan: CAD
Stats: 183/183/140 Female 66"
BF:
Progress:

WillBthin, You sound just like me. For whatever it counts, I'll share some of my experiences. I, too, go around in circles. I've been a binge eater since 18 (I'm 46). I've been in and out of counseling for it and never could find an answer that I could stick to. I'd do the "eat when hungry, stop when full" for a while and feel I'd finally gotten off the diet rollercoaster. Then I'd step on the scales and feel "Oh my gosh, I've got to lose weight!!" Whatever my friends had just lost weight on or whatever diet book I could get my hands on; I'd do that. When I'd get bored with that, I'd binge. When I'd get sick and would realize I'm going to kill myself eating like this, I'd try to find some sensible plan (usually back to the "eat when hungry, stop when full" ). That would work again for a while. Then, I'd start the whole crazy cycle over again. When I found CAD, immediately, the first two things I'd experience were: I'm not obsessing over food anymore (that has to do alot with insulin levels being balanced out, don't you think?) and second, I'm not craving sugar all the time and feeling deprived. (Can't take any of those diet's where I absolutely cannot have sugar--tell me I can't have it; and that's all I'm obsessed with). For various reasons, usually incidents that come up and I can't stick with the CM like I'm suppose to, I've gone off CAD. But it only takes a few days of feeling rotten to send me back. This time I'm not weighing (that's one of my downfalls; I see I'm not losing very fast or some days, nothing, I'd get depressed and start eating--don't wanna go there anymore). So for right now; I am just going to enjoy feeling great--and by the way, I really do with this plan if I am doing it right and just enjoy life and quit all the silly obsessing and get my mind on some more refreshing things. One big thing that helped me was to think about how badly I feel when I'm not eating right--Hate that feeling!!! Think about all the reasons you have for needing to be healthy and feeling great with an abundance of energy and don't focus soooooo much on the weight loss aspect of it.....that will come if you are ----now listen----if you are------CONSISTENT----got it? CONSISTENT---let that be your word for this plan. Don't make the mistake I've made over and over and over. It really is a crazy cycle.
I wish you well............hang in there
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-04, 06:51

BF:

hi tarjan, i just read this. i really could have written this myself, i wish i would have read this earlier. i loved your post and boy can i relate to EVERYTHING you said, you have given me renewed hope. i do everything you said you did when trying to lose weight. i couldnt believe what i was reading. thank you sooooooooo much. and believe me the word consistant is in my head. i had a set back yesterday but i dont want to feel like that anymore. you are right, i feel so disgusting when i eat off this plan. i am really gonna make this work. i hope you see this post, i really appreciate this.
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Aug-17-04, 17:47

Plan: CAD
Stats: 183/183/140 Female 66"
BF:
Progress:

Willlbthin, Hope you're doing ok. It's been a little while since I've been on. (I went back to school and frankly, haven't had the "play" time to get on the message boards like I'd like to).
Maybe we can keep each other accountable, ok? I was off a couple days too. We had a picnic over the weekend. I always do fine until some different way of eating is thrown my way. In this case, the picnic was at lunch. If I move my rm up to that point, it's hard to do a cm for the evening meal. So I told myself, "ok, just small quantities of what I want--just this once" Ha! Once over and over and over again. I was set back all weekend. The feeling of wanting to "feel good again" made me get back on track.
How are you doing?