Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Oct-10-10, 07:18

Plan: Atkins/IF
Stats: 146/126.4/125 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 93%

Hi Candice,
I've been doing the Shred also, but I only do it 2-3 times per week. I also do Zumba 2 times a week and walk 3 miles, one or two time a week. I started at the beginning of September and I did each workout 5 times before moving on to the next level. Now that I've gone through all three levels, I think I might try for 3X per week, doing each level once every week.

I did have some problems with my knees, so I can't do the full intensity on all the moves. For example in level 3, she has you doing jumping lunges (ugh!) I have to do the modified version without the jump.

I found level 2 to be the hardest on the abs. I have had abdominal surgery in the past, and even 3 years later, I have to do modifications to abdominal exercises because it's too much for me.

But overall, I think they're great workouts and I finish the 20 minutes and I really feel like I accomplished something! I'm definately stronger and more toned, however, since I started the more intense workouts, my weight has gone up!! I'm hoping now that my body is getting used to the exercise, I can continue on my downward trend.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Oct-10-10, 13:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/156/140 Female 66 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 82%

thanks! I'm on day 13, just got done with day 3 of level two. I have been doing everyday. I still take walks and stuff as well, but not as often as before.. I'm tired LOL
I don't know if I like the level 2..well I guess I do for the most part, it goes by SOOO much quicker then leve one, I take that as a good thing! lol I do find I have to do a few modification, going back to a few of level one moves instead of the ones she does because I know they will hurt knee.
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Oct-10-10, 13:10

Stats: 228/156/140 Female 66 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 82%

oh and yeah.. my weight has not gone down at all since starting exercise. lost inches.. but no weight yet. KINDA bummed about that but will see what happens.
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Nov-24-10, 03:04
Registered Member

Plan: IPD/general low card
Stats: 202/196/140 Female 5' 3''
BF:
Progress: 10%

I just started this a couple of days ago...and wow I hurt all over today!! mind you I have been a major couch potato for the last couple of years so no great surprise. Looking forward to seeing some results!!
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Nov-24-10, 12:43

Plan: meats and cheese and eggs
Stats: 171/153.0/135.0 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 50%

I have been doing the 30 day shred for a few weeks now and I do take a couple of days off (on the weekend) because I was killing my knees! Yesterday I did 5.1 miles of walking 3 miles on the exercise bike and the 30 day shred dvd and I felt great!!! Plan on doing it again tonight! I was at a stall until this morning and finally seen 1.5 pounds gone today. I have been walking 25 miles a week or more for a few weeks and last night was the first night I did the bike so maybe that got me out of the stall?? I hope anyways!
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Jan-12-11, 18:56

Plan: none
Stats: 125/125/115 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default 30 days shred

I started doing my 30 shred 3 days ago and boy do my legs ache today,but at the same time do I love Jillian.She is going to kick my butt
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Jan-23-11, 19:52

Stats: 282/262/175 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 19%

Don't know if anyone is interested, but today at Walmart they had the Jillian Michaels kettlebell set on clearance for 64.00.
May be company wide, maybe not.
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Feb-11-11, 18:27

Plan: Lowcarb/IF
Stats: 215/173.9/150 Female 5.5"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I've been doing this DVD for several weeks now (3x a week). I was a total non-exerciser so I've had to do a lot of modifications.

I'm finding it hard to move on to level 2 because so much of it is jumping around (I'm trying not to injure one knee) or else holding up your upper body weight on your wrists for many moves, which mine can't really take yet. So I keep going back to level 1. I may check out level 3 soon to see if there's at least less wrist-based stuff.

I haven't lost any weight. My appetite has also increased and I'm finding it harder to stay asleep at night. That said, I'm at least enjoying building a little strength for the first time in my life. I can do jumping jacks for a short while without feeling like I'm dying. I'd also like to be able to do a real pushup at some point. Plus, this is the first time I've ever stuck to any workout regime (I credit the shortness of this one), so I have a sense of accomplishment.

In place of a lot of the high-impact stuff, I use a step platform thingie (remember those? had one in garage) to try to get my heart rate up as much as possible without getting those warning pains from my right knee. I actually enjoy most of the ab stuff, which is shocking, and generally I like the weight stuff, except the lunges (knee again).

It's completely loosened up my right shoulder, which was also having some major pain at one point when I reached overhead. When I did some reading, it sounded like bursitis? Anyway, stretching + exercise has eliminated the problem. Wish I could say the same for the knee, but we'll see how it goes.

Anyway: it's a mixed bag so far, but I like doing level 1 and it's good for those with short attention spans. If nothing else, I think it'll serve as a good introduction to other workout approaches for me, much in the same way Rachel Ray got me into the kitchen and cooking before I moved on to Nigella Lawson, Alton Brown, and finally Julia Child.
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-11, 22:13

Plan: montignac
Stats: 190/190/175
BF:
Progress: 0%

I read everything on this thread and wanted to say that:

1: This is meant to be done every day without rest days.

2: There is no issue of over training with a 20 minute workout daily, regardless of how intense.

This is a great workout. I love this DVD and it does deliver.
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Apr-15-11, 09:15

Plan: atkins
Stats: 126/126/124 Female 173
BF:
Progress:
Default Have a look at Jillian article in Shape, she finds it hard too!

The 30 day Shred is great but difficult at the beginning. I loved it but moved onto 6 week 6 pack which I adore! check out Jillian's latest article in Shape, its fascinating!

http://stylejacking.com/2011/jillia...shape-magazine/
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Oct-12-11, 10:09
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 191.9/184.0/160 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Thinking of doing my 30 Day Shred video for the first time in a while tonight, or Ripped in 30...

Anyone else still doing either of those?

Lets get back to it people! Get those muscles pumped!!!
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Dec-30-11, 15:28

Stats: 246.8/241.3/175 Female 5'7
BF:WAY TOO MUCH
Progress: 8%

I have the 30 day shred video and plan to start soon....
  #43   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-12, 12:57

Plan: atkins/hcg
Stats: 228/162/135 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 71%

Does this exercise program really work? Did anyone measure themselves before and after the 30 days? I'm thinking of trying it - right now I just walk on my treadmill
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-12, 06:57

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/164/128 Female 5 feet, 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

So I've been doing the 30 Day Shred for 14 days now. I've lost about 4 pounds, but my clothes are fitting amazingly well! Jeans that were tight are now loose. This program WORKS if you stick with it. I've also been trying to stick to about 1200 calories a day (though I have splurged a few days) - and I'm also staying pretty low carb.
  #45   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-12, 11:59

Plan: atkins
Stats: 447/190/230 Male 6
BF:
Progress: 118%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyRF
So I've been doing the 30 Day Shred for 14 days now. I've lost about 4 pounds, but my clothes are fitting amazingly well! Jeans that were tight are now loose. This program WORKS if you stick with it. I've also been trying to stick to about 1200 calories a day (though I have splurged a few days) - and I'm also staying pretty low carb.

Great job...There are alot of great programs but like you said...IF YOU STICK TO IT...keep up the great job