Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 22:36
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/209/140 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

come on ladies,i've been married almost 20 years!! i'm going to hatton garden cos that's where estelle has her shop-i used to work there many moons ago.when i noticed that the meet was going to be on one of my scheduled w/e's off i decided to do a surprise on estelle and meet with you lot.it's worked out really well except for the train times.if you notice the timing of this post-it's 0450 now, yes that's 4.50 A.M.my train leaves at 0630.blackpool was so much closer!
think i'll need a full blooded caffeine loaded coffee by midday,sorry Dr atkins.
dolli
as for the boyfriend idea-well who knows what i might meet on a 2 1/2 hour train journey!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 14:23

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up London Lunch - 6 December 2003

Hi all

Well back from our meet. In the end there were 8 of us. We had a great lunch at Cafe Rouge and then afterwards we sat chatting over coffee and soft drinks in the adjacent pub. It was considered a good event and we have planned to go back to the same place on Saturday 7th February. We also have vouchers for a free starters so that should be good.

Thanks everyone for coming.

For the record those attending were Tortie, Deeanna, SylviaUK, Dolli, Sinbad, Kadjax, Demi, LittleAnne. I took a couple of photos, but as it is the start of the film it is likely to be after the next meet before they are developed. Deanna brought her digital camera and I hope she will post the pictures tomorrow.

We missed those unable to make it today and hope that more will come in February.

Last edited by LittleAnne : Sun, Dec-07-03 at 03:54.
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 14:44

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed meeting everyone today

A really enjoyable lunch, and it was nice to see that Cafe Rouge could be so accommodating - although the waitress obviously thought we were all mad refusing bread and potatoes, but wanting cream with our coffee

Hope to see you all again soon
  #34   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 15:28
Registered Member

Stats: 171.8/161/137 Female 5.1
BF:
Progress: 31%
Talking

well i must say what a great time i had at our meet this afternoon, lovley company,and sinbad i still want that coat! lol.. demi and deeann (don't think i spelt that right) how's the sugar free choc taste to you mines great...i look forward to seeing you all again at the next meet love to all kad...
  #35   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 16:17

Plan: Generic Low Carb
Stats: 148/131/126 Female 5 ft 6"
BF:
Progress: 77%

I had a fantastic time It was so good to be able to talk with others who understand what low-carb really is and don't just turn round and say "but it's bad for your health"

The poor waitress coped pretty well, all things considered, although it was really funny when she said she was afraid we'd all be hungry if we didn't have any bread and potatotes

I will definitely aim to be back in February. Apart from the superb company, the mushroom starter was to die for and in Feb it'll even be free

PS: many thanks to LittleAnne for giving out the Splenda tablets
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 03:20

And I forgot to thank Sylvia for our after dinner mints. No, don't panic, they were Thornton's diabetic ones, so you can breathe again!!
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 03:52

Hi Deeanna

Wanted to PM you, but you have not made enough posts to do so. As I mentioned yesterday the other lady who is on an airforce base that I know of is AFWife, Lily. She has a journal, so you may want to drop by and visit her.
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 04:20
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236/230/160 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hello Everyone!
I have finally started my journal so please read it when you all have the time. Since yesterday was such a wonderful day for me, I decided to start my journal on a happy note instead of the alternative.

I got our photos uploaded and you can view them either from my journal or under the low carb galleries->low carb gatherings link. I think they turned out really nice! I didn't upload the one I took because you couldn't see Dotti's smiling face.

I truly had a wonderful time meeting everyone yesterday and am really looking forward to February. Hopefully, I will have lost a lot more weight by then. Oh, and I'll bring a bib this time!

Yes, I loved the chocolates, but hubby wasn't too keen on them so all the more for me!! Of course, he will probably like the chocolate chip cookies better to I'll have to get some now before they are all gone.

Syliva, thanks for the sweets yesterday. They were truly divine! Little Anne, thanks for the Splenda tablets and thanks a million for organizing this meet. Sinbad, thanks for understanding my pain of losing weight. Kadjax, thanks for the sewing lessons. To all of you, thanks for the wonderful conversation, the sharing, and for not wagging your fingers at me for 'falling off the wagon' over the holidays. It was such a relief to NOT here how 'bad' I am for indulging in a few carbs for holiday dinners. If anybody would like to try any of the Atkins products, have a look at the site and let me know and I will order it for us and bring it to our meet in February.

American at birth, British at heart!
Deeanna
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 04:26
Contributing Member

Stats: 236/230/160 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hello Little Anne!
You should be able to PM me now. I ended up paying the annual subscription so I could have more space for photos; otherwise, I could only have posted one.

Thanks for the info about AFWife. I shall find her journal and leave a note for her. Who knows? I might even know her and not realize it!

See you soon!
Deeanna
  #40   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 05:33

Stats: 260/142/140 Female 5.7 inches
BF:
Progress: 98%

It was my first meeting and I thoroughly enjoyed it - what a great bunch of people. Free Splenda tablets from Anne kicked it off well. Lunch was great - I thought Cafe Rouge coped very well with our demands and having that corner was almost like having a private function room - didn't have to worry about noise disturbing others. It was great to meet people face to face. Dolli gets the award for being a long-haul traveller having set off on the 6.30 train down from the North West. And Deanne and Sinbad added an international flavour.

I had a great time in Victoria Plaza - got quite a few Xmas presents. Inspired by Sylvia's treats I indulged in Thorntons Mint Selection - Diabetic version for Xmas treats but mindful of Demi's warning it will be one at a time only.

Can't wait for the next meeting - now I just need to put the Cafe Rouge voucher in a safe place and then remember where I've put it in February.

Thanks again to Anne for organising it.
  #41   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 11:26

Shortcuts to photos of the London Meeting
Photo 1
Photo 2
  #42   ^
Old Sun, Dec-07-03, 15:51
Registered Member

Stats: 230/209/140 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

got back at 6.30 tonite,bit of a marathon trip but well worth it.good to put names to faces.anyone know the carb count on tandoori fish-i went out for a meal on saturday night,everyone wanted a curry so i chose the lowest carb item on the menu-no rice/bread/pudding.got a few funny looks from the waiter when i said 'no rice thanx' but i should be used to that by now.
thanx anne for arranging the meet,
dolli XX