Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-22-05, 10:20

Plan: calp
Stats: 185/140/130 Female 64"
BF:
Progress:
Default cad w/out cheating for a month

has anyone here, I'm sure their are many, that have gone for at least a month on cad w/out cheating one time? If so, how much weight have you lost and how long has it took. Just curious. So far, I have only gone about a week without overdoing it on reward meal. I am fine during the day, but I sometimes can't control reward meal, and sometimes I find it hard to balance a meal with things like, hotdogs, hamburgers, etc. Let me know, your friend, Amy.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-22-05, 10:28

Plan: 30 g carbs/day
Stats: 220/180/150 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

Well, I just checked back and I re-started CAD on May 27th. I think I was 170 at that time. (I didn't start posting my weight until several days later.) Now I'm 163. I posted a month ago that I thought I was 169/170 because it was almost my TOM, but I'm in exactly that same position now (four days away from TOM) and am 163. So...I have lost 7 lbs. in one month.

I did cheat once, a really big cheat. This also depends upon what you mean by cheating. For me, It was eating after my RM and having that be junk. On a typical day, however, my RMs are still somewhat carb-heavy. It's just that I really really make sure I'm getting in my salad/vegetables and protein and at least trying to balance my plate.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-22-05, 13:04

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi Amy

I have probably gone atleast 3-4 mths on CAD w/o a cheat. But I don't call a carb heavy RM a cheat. (even if its carb heavy I am still on plan) My average weight loss when I was losing was only around .5-1 lbs per week. I lost about 5 lbs the first month and the smaller I got the slow its coming off
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-22-05, 14:08
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi Amy-
the word 'cheat' is not one I use or like, but I'll respond to your question another way. How do I do when I am on a 'clean' program? Great. I find that I feel the best when I balance my RM and don't have carbs outside RM. Other factors that did influence my rate of loss were MSG and additives, and sugary RM carbs. When I had complex carbs or fruit for RM I ususally lost more weight.
As I didn't have a goal weight, I didn't record how much or how long it took. I know I lost 20 lbs in the first 2 months.
Amy- what do you mean you can't control RM if it's hot dogs or burgers? Can we help with that?
E
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-22-05, 20:04

Plan: cad
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress:

Amy this is what I have planned to do. I am going to be real healthy and balanced for the week and will pick out one day of the week to CAD splurge. What I mean is during the week I will eat my 2 cms healthy of course. Then the rm will also be healthy and not bingish but I won't deprive myself either. Then I will pick one day where maybe we are going out or I want pizza or burgers and fries or something and have a big CAD eat day. I will eat a nice big cm breakfast and lunch and eat a bingish rm. As long as I make sure to make the rest of the week pretty balanced then I think this will work for me. If I just have a day I can look forward to then maybe I can be good all week. For instance, Christmas. I will splurge on that day.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-23-05, 08:12

BF:
Progress:

that sounds like a good plan, eaterow. Thanks for replying everybody. Enomarb, what I meant was that I can't find any veggies that would go good with hamburgers or hotdogs. The other day, I had green beans with two hotdogs, and since I wanted two hotdogs w/ the bun still on, I felt I needed to eat the whole can of green beans. Yuck. I just don't like veggies all that good. I have always been a junk food eater. But I still ate them, because, if I'm not mistaken, the Hellers say you can have all the carbs you want as long as you balance equally with veggies and protein.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jun-23-05, 13:44
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:
Default cad

Hi Amy-
I wouldn't like eating the whole can of green beans either- but that sounds like it was a good idea to balance the hot dog buns. I love all kinds of vegies- so I guess I'm lucky. I love spinach with just about anything. With burgers I love sauteed mushrooms ( buy them already sliced and just saute in a little olive oil and garlic) and sauteed peppers. I have cabbage with hot dogs, or roasted cauliflower. Maybe some of these would work, or help you come up with different ideas.
The idea of having a splurge day may work for some, and not for others. That is one of the things I love about this site- we can learn from each other.
e

Last edited by Enomarb : Fri, Jun-24-05 at 10:38. Reason: spell
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-05, 08:36

BF:
Progress:

good idea, thanks. Next time I have hotdogs, I will top them with cole slaw, since I love it, and cabbage and mayo are very low carb, if any. I will also try sauteed mushrooms. I like mushrooms. Don't laugh, but I have never really eaten vegetables until I started CAD. Now I'm starting to like them.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-05, 10:37
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

Amy- that is great! I love coleslaw too. On CALP please check your mayo labels. Lots of mayos have sugar and/or MSG. I have been using Dukes. Use only real mayo- none of the low fat or lite stuff.
Good luck with the vegies. Please let us know how we can help. there are lots of great vegie recipes on the site. I'm more into easy and simple- sauted and roasted are my staples.
E
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-05, 11:54

BF:
Progress:

that's great. How can I get some of those recipes? Thanks in advance, Amy.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-05, 09:09

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

#12   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-05, 13:04

BF:
Progress:

thanks, Jill, I'll look at it tonight when I get home from work. Amy.