Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Sun, Nov-27-16, 17:54

Plan: NSNG
Stats: 260/164/185 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 128%

I ended up skipping some workouts this week, just because of life circumstances and some BG issues.

I did do a 5k Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning, though. That marked the two month-iversary of the T1D diagnosis I was given while lying in an ICU bed.

Today was my first day back in the gym since the run.

Weights: 3x8
Leg Press - 140 lbs
Seated Calf Raise - 35 lbs
Bench Press - 55 lbs
Military Press - 30 lbs
Lat Pulldowns - 60 lbs

Cardio:
Elliptical - 45 + 5 min "Aerobic" program

I increased the weight on the bench presses as planned today. I also increased the weight on the leg presses, but I didn't plan that. I simply forgot what weight I used the last time I was in the gym, and just loaded up some plates. Haha! I guess I'll keep them at 140 lbs for my next session, since I managed to get through my 3 sets without a ton of struggle. The bench presses will likely stay at 55 lbs for a bit. I've always been slow to build upper body strength.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Mon, Nov-28-16, 15:50

BF:

Cardio:
Elliptical - 60 + 5 minutes "Glute Toner" program

As I was on the elliptical today, I started thinking about using the treadmill or rower occasionally. Then I realized that the primary reason I seem to default to the elliptical is that it's the machine that lets me move most easily with whatever music I'm listening to...i.e. I can kind of dance while I'm on it. LOL! I clearly need to find a new club buddy so I can get my dance on again. It's been years.
  #93   ^
Old Wed, Nov-30-16, 23:25

BF:

Leg Press - 140 lbs
Military Press - 30 lbs
Squats - 55 lbs
Seated Rows - 89 lbs

Cardio:
Elliptical - 45 + 5 min "Aerobic" program

I definitely didn't work hard enough to keep my heart rate in Zone 2 today. Physically, I'm sure I could have, but I seemed to be more interested in moving to the music I was listening to than in pushing myself to go harder. That's okay, though. It was still a good workout.
  #94   ^
Old Sun, Dec-04-16, 15:15

BF:

Cardio:
Elliptical - 60 + 5 minutes "Glute Toner Plus" program

I didn't go to the gym Thursday, because I was out running errands on foot for most of the day. I covered about six miles, so I decided that was a fair substitute for an hour of cardio at the gym.

And I didn't go yesterday to lift because I had plans with friends that kept me busy from morning until early evening. By the time I got home, changing clothes and walking to the gym was really low on my list. But, looking at my phone, I walked about four miles yesterday, so it wasn't a total loss.

I thought about lifting today, but when I got to the gym this morning, the weight room was packed with younger dudes. This was the first time I've seen a crowd quite like that in the weight room, so I'm not sure what was up. I decided not to try to piece together a workout with them, and just went upstairs to the cardio equipment area and grooved out five miles on the elliptical instead. It was a good, sweaty workout. I almost didn't do it, but I'm so happy that I made myself change clothes and go to the gym.
  #95   ^
Old Tue, Dec-06-16, 18:46

BF:

Yesterday was another walking errand day, so no gym.

Today, though...I went a-gymming.

Leg Press - 140 lbs
Assisted Dips at 110 lbs
Assisted Chins at 110 lbs
Seated Calf Raises - 35 lbs
Seated Ab Crunch - 17 lbs

Cardio:
Elliptical - 60 + 5 min "Aerobic" program

I'm not entirely certain why I did 60 minutes instead of the 45 that I typically do when following up a weights session, but...there you go. I'll decrease the assist weight on the dips and chins the next time I do those.

Definitely feeling stronger...and that's awesome.
  #96   ^
Old Wed, Dec-07-16, 18:38

BF:

Cardio:
Elliptical - 60 + 5 minutes "Glute Toner Plus" program

It took a little time to convince myself to go to the gym today, mostly because the temps have dropped into the 30s here, and I wasn't necessarily looking forward to the mile walk to and from the gym in the cold. Ultimately, I decided to go because not going would have meant giving myself more insulin, since I lowered my lunchtime dose to compensate for the exercise I had planned. It was the right decision.

I've never regretted going to the gym.
  #97   ^
Old Thu, Dec-15-16, 21:15

BF:

I've been slacking in the gym department. I did a 5k on Sunday, the 11th, so I didn't go the days before or after that on purpose. Other than that? I've just been busy with the new job.

Both yesterday and today I walked to and from the office -- about 1.7 miles each way, and plenty of uphill in each direction, but especially coming home.

Today, I managed to take a mid-afternoon break and go to the gym at my office. It's arguably nicer, and with better equipment, than the gym I usually go to...and it's free. So, I may be dropping my gym membership after this month and saving myself $70/month.

Today's workout...
Leg Press - 110 lbs
Bench Press - 55 lbs
Squats - 55 lbs
Lat Pulldowns - 60 lbs

Cardio:
Elliptical - 30 + 5 min "Weight Loss" program

I've signed up for some running events, including a half marathon this summer. That's all leading up to my grand plan for celebrating my diaversary next September by doing a marathon. I do love myself an audacious goal.
  #98   ^
Old Sat, Dec-17-16, 12:47

BF:

Cardio:
Stair Stepper - 30 min

I'm switching over to the gym at work and didn't feel like going to the office and back this morning, especially since it was going to be a short workout as I have a movie date this afternoon. So, I just hopped on the step machine I bought when I was just out of the hospital and looking for ways to get some movement in while I was mostly housebound. My original plan was to get rid of the machine once I was able to return to the gym, but I think I may keep it around for a little while longer...maybe until I pull the trigger on buying a rower.