Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Dec-31-17, 09:46

Plan: One
Stats: 345/294.4/160 Female 64
BF:Yes
Progress: 27%

Stretched and range of motion in neck, shoulder, and wrists. Stretched hamstrings and lower back.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jan-01-18, 12:23

Stretched hips, jammies, abs. Did twists, corpse, cobra, and downward dog. Trying to stretch my right hip using bolsters and sitting with knee bent. It's very uncomfortable but needs to finally be addressed.

I'm wanting to walk but my feet are killing me! It's better without shoes. These NB suck. New ones are coming.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-18, 10:17

I have started walking the loop at the park around the lake. My plantar fasciitis has been miserable. I'm hoping it goes away soon. Heart rate has been much improved and if I notice a dip K+ helps right away.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Jan-24-18, 05:52

Plan: general lc
Stats: 214/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

My plantar fasciitis disappeared many pounds ago. I was wearing more stylish shoes before I even noticed. In the meantime, I found the Brooks addiction walkers to be best for me. I wore them with a dr. Schools cushion insert. I wore them for years. They’re not much to look at but they made walking bearable for me. No kidding, A few times other woomen approached me to acknowledge our sisterhood of the ugly sneaker.

Are you doing your PF foot exercises before getting out of bed? Also, I found stretching my calves helped. Also, the elliptical machine was good overall, and my feet would hurt less after using it, although sometimes while I was on it my feet would go a little numb. Finally, my last tip is magnesium oil. Rub it in anywhere it hurts several times a day, but also rub it in on the back of your lower calf.

Good luck! I hope some of what worked for me can work for you.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jan-25-18, 13:08

Stretched and did foot massage. Got down on the floor and did 25 crunches and 5 on the knees push-ups. It's the first time I was brave enough to put pressure on my knees. They did okay but I'm so weak.😳
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-18, 09:14

Yesterday: 7205 steps

I did two rounds of zombie run at a very slow pace. I have been in a flare up that has been pretty bad. Both knees and in fact both legs HURT! I have been using a topical on my knees that is helping a little. I'm hoping that getting my steps back up will help.

My goal for now is 6000 steps per day. Leg/knee exercises 3X per week.
I don't want to fall again like I did at work trying to get around a construction site.
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-18, 09:16

Health note:

Eating low carb has eliminated my heart arrhythmia and bradycardia. I though I could go back to weight watchers and then the heart issues start up again. I HAVE to remember that this WOE is really about my health. Not a choice any longer.
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Apr-09-18, 21:19

Over 15,000 steps just mowing the lawn. I'm might be sore!