Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#331   ^
Old Fri, Jan-01-16, 19:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

It was around 10 in the morning both yesterday and the day before; today was just around 20, and stayed there most of the day. Tomorrow will be nearly up to freezing.
Sponsored Links
  #332   ^
Old Sat, Jan-02-16, 08:02

Plan: , LCHF
Stats: 259.6/222.4/130 Female 62 inches
BF:67.2/60.2/normal
Progress: 29%

And I am bitching because it was 54* this morning.
  #333   ^
Old Sat, Jan-02-16, 15:54

Plan: Concentrate on Protein
Stats: 186.5/136.6/136.0 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 99%

It's not any warmer today but the sun finally came out. I'm eating ok but pants are a little tighter.
  #334   ^
Old Sat, Feb-06-16, 01:53

Plan: My plan, my way
Stats: 233.8/170.0/179 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 116%

Our weather is changing, getting colder each day once again.
I've not been feeling well enough to do much so the cold weather is no problem.
Been trying not to eat carbs, but think it is the bodies wish to hibernate with a full belly and carbs give me more energy.
My body feels better without the carbs or very limited carbs.
My bones ache with the carbs or the cold.
Had too much salt and weight was up a pound.
Will check again in a couple days to make certain it was the salt.
Only eat one meal a day, but do grab some nuts for the crunch.
N2L
  #335   ^
Old Sat, Feb-06-16, 09:00

It's funny, because I don't want carbs right now. It's really cold here in the winter, and the fat from my WOE is more satisfying to me than the quick energy from carbs.

I'm down nearly four pounds from the first of the year, which feels both amazing and wonderful.
  #336   ^
Old Mon, Feb-08-16, 15:43

Plan: Concentrate on Protein
Stats: 186.5/136.6/136.0 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 99%

We have wind today so it's been cooler today. Most nights it's been freezing and then warms up nicely with sunshine. It's almost 4pm and I've been gone all day without lunch. I did get in the pool today and I'm about over a sinus infection.
Does anyone have Valentine's Day plans? Myrt
  #337   ^
Old Tue, Feb-09-16, 00:39

Plan: My plan, my way
Stats: 233.8/170.0/179 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 116%

Snowing here.
Won't be much of a problem as it will be a light accumulation.
Went and had a salad tonight at O'Charley's.
Only ate 1/3 of it.
Rest in the refrigerator.
I'm having a problem getting back to low carb, HF.
My mind is having problems with it because of all the bad press from the other diets that have been advertised with the New Year.
I know it works, I know it helps my blood sugars, I do worry about my heart because I have such high cholesterol (around 400), but have never stuck with it long enough to see my cholesterol numbers go down.
So, had a chocolate chip cookie around 1 a.m.
That works, NOT.
N2L
  #338   ^
Old Tue, May-03-16, 09:14

Stats: 235/228.6/165 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hi all. I'm just at the beginning of this journey and looking forward to getting to goal weight. I think part of me thinks it to be impossible for me to get there. I've been resigned to be a fat uncomfortable old lady. After reading lots of posts/journals on here I now realize I can be a stylish grandma after all and look great one day!! Shortly after getting under 200 the last time on LCHF I slowly slid back to the dark carb side - thinking that was as low as I could get. But I got there with hardly any real struggle - mentally being under 200 was enough. Not anymore!! I can and will get down to 165 again!!
  #339   ^
Old Tue, May-03-16, 12:08

Welcome, dc! You are absolutely correct. If you commit to continuing to eat this delicious, healthy WOE for the rest of your life, you can indeed be a stylish and SLIM grandma!
  #340   ^
Old Wed, May-04-16, 08:03

BF:

Hi MickiSue! I'm looking forward to feeling better and not hiding from the camera as my husband and I make memories. I see you are at 80% of your goal. How long ago did you start? What tips do u have?
  #341   ^
Old Wed, May-04-16, 08:33

Well, from my highest, I started (you don't want to know this, I promise!) at least 10 years ago. I was doing a very strict, standard weight loss program, and lost 5 lbs in three years, and then stabilized.

In the summer of 2013, I went zero grains, and no "white" foods--potatoes, etc. By Feb of 2014, I was down 19 lbs. I slowly lost another lb, and then, in the winter of 2014-15, I regained 12 of those hard lost lbs, by eating tons of dried fruit and ice cream. Still no grains, or I surely would have regained it all and then some!

Last spring, I took a hard look, and realized I needed to get back to basics. Went back to the way I'd lost the 20, and kept carbs at about 50. I relost those 12, but then plateaued. So I dropped the carbs to below 20/day.

Since last fall, I've lost the current 11, and it's going quite slowly at this point. But it's going, and the alternative is to go in the opposite direction!

My focus now HAS to be on my health, because I won't drop pounds like crazy anymore. So I eat the way I know I'll continue to eat, once I'm at goal. I feel well, I look so much better, and I know that my health will be at its best so that I can watch my kids and grandkids enjoy their lives.
  #342   ^
Old Wed, May-04-16, 18:03

BF:

I have to go to below 20 carbs on order for the scale to move at all. I also have to eliminate all alcohol. We started camping last year with several friends and weekends with them ultimately meant a few cocktails. Last week I got sick of how fat and old I felt so the carbs & alcohol had to go! I'm sick & tired of being sick & tired! Lol. I avoid all picture taking and my weight or how I feel in this body is affecting all aspects of my enjoyment in this last chapter of my life (retired). In addition to being 60 I also have a mild case of MS. So all this inflammation in my body from the carbs is not good at all for me. I'm on this plan to feel better ultimately!
  #343   ^
Old Wed, May-04-16, 18:34

You have so much of it figured out, that takes a lot of people multiple tries. Either that, or they stop, relapse, and never come back.

I had a TBI a couple of years ago, so my (never very large) appetite for alcohol has diminished a lot. Just as well, because alcohol for me equals cravings for carbs.
  #344   ^
Old Wed, May-04-16, 20:18
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Well, I tried starting a thread for over 70s, but nobody came. Here I am, ready to whine.
  #345   ^
Old Thu, May-05-16, 07:12

LOL, Glenda, you know that 70 is the new 60, right?

Seriously. I have a much beloved photo of my mom and her family, when Mom was about 8 years old. She was the youngest, with her closest sibling 8 years older than she was--the "change of life baby".

My grandma was 45 when she was born, so she must be 53 in that photo. Still young, right? But she looks older than I do now, and I have not had any cosmetic surgery. Even more amazing to me, my mom's oldest sister, who I only remember as looking old and tired, was a beauty. She, too, aged quickly. In my memory, she looks like the photo of my grandma.

Time, work and worry took a bigger toll on looks back then.