Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-17, 03:26

Plan: lchf
Stats: 185/167/155 Male 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress:

thanks , of course i never thought to go out and buy a book. I started on youtube where i came across a doctor who treats obese patients who often have diabetes 2 which is my problem. her name is susan hallberg and she gives a 20 minute ted talk . Until her talk i had never heard of reversing diabetes. i got inspired by her talk and then stumbled onto dr mary vernon who is also treating patients with type 2 diabetes and obesity . i then stumbled around on my own and i now find myself on these forums in search of my holy grail of reversing my type 2 diabetes , and alleviating my high blood pressure . since i have been at this i am down app 18 lbs. i am busy so i am out a lot and need to eat in restaurants mostly although i do cook for myself at night i will get the atkins book because as i can see on this forum there are lots of people doing this and getting weight loss results. My focus is on low carb high fat .
the videos i started with are linked below if you are interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da1vvigy5tQ&t=712s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ

thanks for taking the time to reply i appreciate the effort and help