Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#121   ^
Old Thu, Apr-07-05, 06:47
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 140/140/120 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

Well I fell off the wagon yesterday big time. I should have known better!! My husband is out of town and I bought the kids pizza. I had too much , didn't balance it with any veggies or anything else. On top of that I am lactose intolerant I feel I could just roll over and die this morning lol.
So back today to really watching what I eat. I personally don't want to eat anything so will wait until I am hungry.

Rivers
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Thu, Apr-07-05, 10:22

Plan: CALP
Stats: 140/125/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Rivers, I'm with you! I'm going to be a good girl today and stick to the plan nicely. Hope you feel better soon.
  #123   ^
Old Thu, Apr-07-05, 22:17
Registered Member

Stats: 157/153/150 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

Hi All,

I skipped breakfast the past couple days and just ate lunch (cm) and then my rm for dinner, and it has been working really well. I think when I average my weights this weekend I will finally see some definite progress. Rivers, I'm so sorry you felt terrible after indulging in that pizza. You are really sensitive to lactose if the little bit in cheese has such a strong effect.

I usually eat from the salad/sandwich bar at school, but today they made indian food and there was lamb in a tomato cinnamon sauce. I had that along with romaine lettuce with olive oil for my cm for lunch and then was a little nervous to see how it would work, but I felt fine afterwards and wasn't all weak and starving by dinner, so hopefully it was okay.

Good luck staying on plan, everyone!
  #124   ^
Old Fri, Apr-08-05, 21:59

Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

Rivers but at least you didn't eat bad all day! I am with you too. My dh made me breakfast yeaterday and that started my b-day off to a good and bad start!! I had off plan eating for the last two days and also started yesterday!!! WHAT TIMING!
Haven't stepped on the scale and I am just going to stay off! Tomorrow is going to be a great cad day and a great cad week!!! I am ready to go and save any treats for a small dessert at my rm's. No more eating carbs other than that one evening meal! I am challanging myself to do cad perfectly for the next 4 weeks!!!! (we are having alot of family here then) I want to see if I can do it!!! JUST 4 WEEKS...surely I can do that. It is not like I am giving up everything!!!!! This is the easiet "diet"
  #125   ^
Old Fri, Apr-08-05, 22:27
Registered Member

BF:
Default Happy Birthday!

Hi Karen - I hope your B-Day was wonderful, even if you did eat carbs for breakfast How sweet of your hubbie to make you breakfast - now if he had just made you a cm, that would have been perfect! Good luck getting back on plan after your past few days. You can do it!

My husband is the cook, as I said before, and I've been really proud of myself that I've actually had vegetables for dinner while he's away. Tonight I even made beef - I am usually too squeamish for that.

And TGIF! We have spring break from school this next week and I can't even tell you how much I need a vacation. The daylight savings switch has been really hard for me this year. I haven't been able to get to bed at a reasonable hour once this past week, and yet I still have to get up at 5:30 (sorry - I'm whining.) I am so looking forward to sleeping in, going for long walks, and reading in the sunshine with my siam brothers (the two cats of my login name).

Have a great weekend everyone!
  #126   ^
Old Sat, Apr-09-05, 08:47

BF:

Hi Karen - hope your birthday was wonderful. Happy belated Birthday wishes to you.

Gretchen, hope you have a super rest and get to enjoy those lovely, long walks and reading in the sunshine with your beloved cats.

Lately, I've been having 3 meals a day and I'm just maintaining! I going to try and cut that down to 2. I have been exercising regularly. Yay, me!
  #127   ^
Old Sat, Apr-09-05, 20:41

Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

Twocats YIKES 5:30! I am sooo spoiled. I get up around 6:45-7:00. I don't have a good guiet routine in the am though as I need to be to work by 8 and drop of one child first...luckily his school is right next to the childcare center! I have been really tired too. am trying to get in those veggies!

I am back on plan today. Had a great day and ate a nice salad for rm! Thank you for the birthday wishes! It was a special day. My boss gave me a raise that day too!!!!

I am having a special birthday meal at my parents tomorrow. It is spaghetti...I sure hope that I stay on plan for the supper time. It won't be easy but I want to follow CAD perfectly for a month...and then maybe two...but for right now I am concentrating on one month down!!!!!!

Wish me luck. ( I always have trouble having my rm's at lunch for some reason) BUT TOMORROW I WON'T!!!!
  #128   ^
Old Mon, Apr-11-05, 07:22

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 185/184/150 Female 5ft4in
BF:
Progress: 3%

HI everyone! Just stopped in after a good weather weekend, and lots of time outside, and OOOHHHH..shorts weather!!!!!!!! Thank GOD for sunless tanning cream! My legs just weren't ready to make an appearance, but at 70F, how could I hide in sweatpants!!

HOpe you're all doing well. I"m trying to decide between 1cm/1rm per day or maybe just 2cm/day (or maybe just 3cm/day) to shake it up. I"m hypothyroid, so I REALLY have to work hard at this!!! Any suggestions would be appreciated. My exercise has been great this past week; I did 6/7days!!! I think that will make a big difference in the long run!!

hope you all have a good week!
  #129   ^
Old Mon, Apr-11-05, 08:45
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi Holly-
IMHO, you really should not skip your RM. It is the basis of all the CA programs- and I think a key. Perhaps skip refined carbs in your RM and have only complex carbs instead.
Re hypothyroid- me too- but I am on meds and am in the normal range. Hope you are too!
E
  #130   ^
Old Mon, Apr-11-05, 09:39

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 185/184/150 Female 5ft4in
BF:
Progress: 3%

thanks for the post, Eno. You've been very successful. Should I think about CALP vs CAD?(sorry to say, I don't know what the main differences are).

As for my medication, my latest test shows TSH at 2.71, high for me...will have appt w/new endo next Thurs, hopefully he'll have some suggestions for upping dose, adding T3, or anything else he can think of to aggressively help me lose some weight.

I do think I need 3 meals a day...and Atkins (20g carb) DIDN'T work, so your reasoning for 1 rm/day makes sense. Just very frustrated, and w/summer approaching, don't want to feel this way for another summer.....

any advice/menus, etc...are appreciated!
  #131   ^
Old Mon, Apr-11-05, 10:28
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Keep your CMs as clean and simple as possible.
Try to balance your RMs
Only have the white stuff, 1-2 a week if then
Listen to your body, find your triggers and the foods that you're sensitive to. For me it's AS, gluten, cooked veggies, red pepper. Funny, real sugar doesn't bother my system at all and I can lose well having chocolate at RM while baked goods make me bloat and gain.

Have patience with yourself. If you trip and fall, pick yourself up and move on...don't wallow.

Be honest with yourself.
  #132   ^
Old Mon, Apr-11-05, 12:57

BF:

Hi everyone - just popping in to say hello. Hoping to have a good week for a change. Have a good one everyone!
  #133   ^
Old Mon, Apr-11-05, 18:00
Registered Member

BF:

Hi All,

I ate off-plan this weekend, but happily I did not ruin my one-pound weight loss for the week (whew!) I am a little worried about my future on CAD, though, as my one symptom from my hypo- and hyper-thyroid days (heart palpitations) has just started reoccuring, just very mildly, but still. I haven't had that in months, and here it is, returning right when I'm trying to diet... I'm a little worried that dieting might be stressful on my system, and that maybe it's too soon for me to try and lose the last of my hypo pounds. It also could very well be the stress of work lately - I've been immersed in the hiring process, looking for a new teacher for our department for next year, which is really stressful and all-consuming for me.

In the meantime, I'm getting lots of relaxation in while on spring break, and trying not to think about work at all!

Have a great week, everyone. --TwoCats
  #134   ^
Old Tue, Apr-12-05, 08:09

BF:

Woohoo - 1 lb weight loss, TwoCats. Good for you! I don't think this counts. I went up two lbs and then dropped those 2 lbs again.

Last edited by Sueoncalp : Tue, Apr-12-05 at 13:13.
  #135   ^
Old Tue, Apr-12-05, 12:43

Stats: 171/146.0/133 Female 5'4" and 1/4
BF:
Progress: 66%

Just wanted to say hi. I will have been CAD-ing for one month without screw-ups this Thursday. Hard to tell how much I've lost. The scale at this point says 4lbs. Not stellar, but I haven't been exercising hardly at all, which is my goal to change for April, when I'm not working 12 hours and weekends! (I guess that sounds bad, but I love my job. I just need more time to exercise and clean, lol)
Closed Thread