Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Thu, Jul-27-06, 17:40

Plan: south beach diet
Stats: 128/128/110 Female 5ft 2in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Just made the yummiest soup for dinner. Took the dark meat and carcass from the whole roast chix I made for dinner the other night and just simmered it for a few hours on low. Added water, low sodium chix bouillion cubes and low fat college inn chix broth. Then I deboned the chicken, simmered it a little bit more and added 1 small summer squash, diced; zucchini, diced; fresh mushrooms; chopped spinache, 1 small can garbanzo beans, a carrot (for color) and an onion, fresh basil chopped. Simmered for about 20 minutes and then added lots of pepper and some fresh parmesan. Seriously, this is an amazing soup (and lots of fiber!!!!!)
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 07:30
Registered Member

Plan: south beach
Stats: 145/145/110 Female 5'4
BF:

Hi Gals

You all sound like you are doing fabulous!! I've been struggling. Honey Nut Cheerio's today for breakfast. I needed the fiber really bad. What do you do when fiber is in dire need and the veggies aren't cutting the cheese?

I'm going to eat a lot of salads and chicken this weekend, along with cucumbers and broccoli and string cheese. Oh yeah... And lots of water. Didn't realize but I had my weight written down wrong. It is now corrected. Oops!

Have a great day ladies!

Latte
  #108   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 07:57

Plan: Atkins/Oprah/Phil
Stats: 228.4/187.6/175 Female 71 nches
BF:32%//26.4 BMI
Progress: 76%

Popping in this morning to say Hey!!! I hit my magic number this morning....211.....now that I write that I can't believe that's the number, but it is...I was stuck on 212 forever a while back and then as I've said before took a wrong turn and ended up at 228....hope none of you ever go down that path.....but feeling good this morning and hopeful....my first goal is to get below 200 before the holidays and hopefully better....not to mention, I have a bunch of clothes I could wear if I could get back in that neighborhood..

Have a great day!
Anita

Gonna try to do my three mile again today....I kind of have to psych up for it....don't know why since I feel so good afterwards.
  #109   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 08:17

Plan: south beach diet
Stats: 128/128/110 Female 5ft 2in
BF:

Yay, Ginyer!!!!!
  #110   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 09:39

Plan: general leaning toward Sb
Stats: 336/196/150 Female 5'4"
BF:gettin/down/there
Progress: 75%

Congratulations Anita!!! Isn't it a great feeling when you break through a barrier. I'm so happy for you.
  #111   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 13:18

Plan: atkins induction
Stats: 330/330/165 Female 5' 10"
BF:

day 2 went well. i am back on track finally! i lost 1.8 lbs on day 2 for a total of 6.4 lbs in 2 days!! what a motivation to keep going!! wow! i forgot how quick ya lose on low carb! woo hoo! yippee!! Glad to be here!
  #112   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 14:45

Jandlsmom, Congratulations on such a nice loss in such a short period of time...more power to you.

Latte, looks like you have a good plan for the weekend. It does take planning!
  #113   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 14:49

Thanks Joes and Anne! It's feeling so good!

Congrats to J&Ls...that is so awesome...I'm feeling the same way...hard to believe that low carb can make such a difference...and the perk is you don't feel like you're starving!

Anita
  #114   ^
Old Fri, Jul-28-06, 14:50

Anita do you want to meet in the chat now?
  #115   ^
Old Sat, Jul-29-06, 05:59

Hey, I do but don't know exactly how....I just clicked chat, but didn't look like anyone was there...I'm such a dummy.

Anita
  #116   ^
Old Sun, Jul-30-06, 09:52
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Good Morning all you re-starters!!!

How are you doing today? How did you do yesterday?

I'm not sure where joesfolks is but I'm here to offer my support to all of you. The first few weeks are the hardest to get back on plan but it is not impossible....especially when you come here to support each other.

Where are you all going to weighin? Are you going to weighin here with each other or are you part of other challenges?

Wishing you all and truly onplan Sunday...whatever plan you are following!!
  #117   ^
Old Sun, Jul-30-06, 11:28
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

You are all welcome to come and join in over at the babes thread for our mondays weigh ins if you'd like, obviously you might find it easier to do it in here....the choice is yours, I just wanted to make sure you knew you were more than welcome over there.
xx
  #118   ^
Old Sun, Jul-30-06, 11:30
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
Thats great Hazy!! Where did you find it? Its always best to give a link to the site where we get info from.

Sorry Judy

http://www.albalagh.net/halal/col4.shtml
  #119   ^
Old Sun, Jul-30-06, 13:10

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

So far, my re-start has gone really well, and I'm looking forward to sharing my weight loss result for the first week tomorrow - just hope that the scales will still register the same number that they did this morning! (or even better)

Had to go to a leaving 'do' Friday lunchtime, but got through it without a hitch. I planned ahead and ate my lunch before I went so that I wouldn't have a problem is there was nothing I could 'legally' eat - and good job that I did, because it was a buffet full of carbs, carbs, carbs I just stuck with a class of diet coke.

The only thing food-wise that I've had a problem with is that I've been craving fruit. I think this is because of the wonderful smell of strawberries each time I've gone food shopping. I have resisted, although it's been hard - I'm definitely looking forward to starting Phase II in a week, when I will be able to have some

Hope everyone has had a great weekend ~ and here's to the start of another successful week
  #120   ^
Old Sun, Jul-30-06, 15:41

Plan: atkins induction
Stats: 330/330/165 Female 5' 10"
BF:

Hi everyone..doing well..im on day 5 of my restart. I lost 6.8 lbs first 3 days..didnt weigh this morning cuz i decided to start weighing once a week now that the initial woosh is over so i dont see the daily fluctuations and get disappointed. So i started Wed and wed will be my weigh-in day!

Your all doing great..keep up the good work!