Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 17:50
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 345/304/240 Male 5'9
BF:20.72 %
Progress: 39%

Mon: am walk 3.92 mi, weights, pm walk 2.5 mi = 6.42 mi.
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 19:24
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Hi Jessie,

I have found that two days in a row of really hard exercise (which is what your tape sounds like) is about all my body can handle. I either need to take the third day off or do something more relaxed, such as a two mile walk at a not too fast pace (say 20 minutes per mile). You're younger than I am, so you can probably tolerate more, but it sounds as though your body is telling you that three days in a row of that tape is too much. How about a schedule like doing the tape for two days, doing something less vigorous for one day, doing the tape for one day, and then taking the next day off. I think we all need to rest at least one, and often two, days a week. There is a reason that every major religion has a day of rest.
  #108   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 20:03

Stats: 260/237/149 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 21%

This is turning out to be a good exercise week for me. I've done my walking to running exercise twice this week so far and an all over workout once for about 40 - 50 minutes each.

Marebear, thanks so much for the great info.

Thank you everyone for the wonderful support and encouragement. Blessings, Maureen
  #109   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 22:14

Stats: 302.2/302.2/185 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%

Well I'm falling a bit behind on my challenge this week - I haven't been to aquafit yet due to the bathingsuit situation (though I've tried 2 shops - hopefully I'll have success at a third one tomorrow). Did my walk Monday morning, but had to cut IT short after I twisted my knee on uneven pavement. Figured it was better to cut my walk short & not push my knee into a big injury (knee problems in past). However, it's feeling better so it should be fine for the rest of my walks this week.

I AM getting a lot more exercise at work 4 or 5 hours of my day involves me running around the office non-stop chasing signatures & getting cheques ready. I'm enjoying that actually - the rush & running around keeps me really quite active and moving a lot more than most desk jobs. I also have called to book my session with the fitness trainer-person to set up a routine - now we just have to find a time we can both make

So, not doing spectacular this week, but hopefully will do everything I can to make it up later in the week. These things happen, I suppose.

Wynter
  #110   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 06:21

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

Wynter I am havign swimsuit trouble too... the opposite problem I USED to have! It used to be my chest was too large and NOW..its too small...OMGosh I am so going to have to buy me a new one...hopefully one that will fit me right....though thats a tough thing to look for in a shrinking person! lol
  #111   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 09:29
Registered Member

Plan: Former Atkins/Present South Beach
Stats: 277/272/199 Female 69
BF:51/51/<35
Progress: 6%

Checking in for the week...

*Since last Wednesday (when I joined belatedly), I have walked 2 miles four times -Wednesday, Friday, Sunday, Tuesday

*I have gained a pound - went from 274 to 275. (I'm blaming it on Aunt Flo). I only do measurements once a month, so we'll see.

*I'm contemplating joining Curves with a friend. I figured out that resistance training is going to be necessary to make this weight do anything.

*I've been drinking a gallon of water a day consistently.

*I've been staying between 18-21g carbs a day.

Have a great week everyone and keep up the good work!
  #112   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 13:10

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

okay...I am going to try to talk my husband into buying me the whole pilates system I think...its about the cheapest thing that I think would work without me getting weak..since you are mostly on the floor for it of course I know it's very difficult and I would expect after this year and 50 more pounds I will be able to work more on this body of mine... STUPID stomach always in the way makes me crazy!

okay sorry for the vent... I struggled to finish my workout today..actually didnt finish it because I didnt want to risk injury.
  #113   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 18:05

Stats: 260/237/149 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Jessie, let me know what you think of the pilates. My sister bought me the 3 pack of Winsor Pilates. Tried it once and don't think I'm ready for it yet.

Today I went back to the 2 mile WAP tape and it seemed to be a bit easier. Maybe its from doing the running program. So far I've worked out 4 times this week. It just sounds so stange hearing me say that I "worked out". lol
  #114   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 21:38

Stats: 277/241.4/140 Female 5'4"
BF:???/???/Healthy!
Progress: 26%
Cool

Hi all...

After taking the weekend off to recover from the personal trainer from hell, I headed back on Monday. I've decided to give the weights a pass for a little while until I get a bit more in shape. So, I'm focusing on increasing my cardio time.

Monday: 25 minutes (treadmill: "forest walk"); 15 minutes (bike: hills; level 1)
Tuesday: 30 minutes (treadmill: "forest walk"); 15 minutes (bike: hills; level 2)
Wednesday: 40 minutes (treadmill: "alpine hike"); 10 minutes (bike: hills; level 2)

I'm not sure if I'll go tomorrow...that time of the month has shown up early, so it will depend on how I feel.

My school district is starting its annual fitness challenge, and I've decided to sign up. I mean, since I'm working out anyway, I might as well try to win a prize.

I'm pleased with my progress this week. I have a bad habit of not sticking with things, so I'm proud that I've only missed 2 days in the past two weeks.

TTFN!!
  #115   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 21:52
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins (restart 1/5/04)
Stats: 198/185/145 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Time for a quick check in. Looks like a lot of us are doing really well! Keep it up, everyone, and imagine how much better we'll look and feel in just a few weeks.

So far this week, I spent about 25 minutes swimming, I walked between the commuter lot and my class (will do so again tomorrow), went riding, and did a 30 minute cardio workout at the Y. The walking to/from class was MUCH easier yesterday than it was last week with the snow. Going to class, which is almost all uphill, was work, but definitely doable. Yay!
  #116   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 22:10

Stats: 360/336/179 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi everyone - I thought I would check in too. Just got in from walk # 2 of 3 for week. I can't even believe how much easier it is (this is week # 3 for me) than at the start of the walking program.

In short - I FEEL GOOD!
  #117   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 08:13

Stats: 272/199/175 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Want2bfit - I know what you mean about talking about "working out". This morning I got home from the gym very excited and sweaty about my workout and my husband just looked at me and said "Who are you?" It's just so unlike the "old" me.
  #118   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 10:56

Plan: Atkins/LC e-meal
Stats: 282.6/234.6/180 Female 69"
BF:41.72/34.64/26.6
Progress: 47%

My DH keeps telling me how much he admires me for my dedication. I feel pretty good about that.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Kelly
  #119   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 14:09
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins (restart 1/5/04)
Stats: 198/185/145 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Patti, Teresa, and Kelly ... that is so cool!
  #120   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 16:25

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi all...just checking in to let e1 know that now that my back is better, I have done something to my ankle and its all swollen up! GRRRRRR! Just can't win here at all. I still went to the gym though and did a most upper body work out, so at least that was good and I'm planning on going tomorrow too. It doesn't look like I'll make my cardio goal for this week though! Keeping fingers crossed for next week!