Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Tue, May-04-10, 16:59
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

Survey says that approximately 0.07% of people pay absolutely no attention to anybody else around them, or what anybody else around them is doing. These people shall be prized for their altruistic unjudgementalism and shall see the kingdom of heaven. The rest of us are screwed. On the bright side, at least we'll still be hanging out with all our friends.

PJ
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Tue, May-04-10, 17:26

Plan: general LC
Stats: 202/144/135 Female 62 inches
BF:grr, no i FF
Progress: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightnow
Survey says that approximately 0.07% of people pay absolutely no attention to anybody else around them, or what anybody else around them is doing. These people shall be prized for their altruistic unjudgementalism and shall see the kingdom of heaven. The rest of us are screwed. On the bright side, at least we'll still be hanging out with all our friends.

PJ

LOL! i'll admit i'm a judgemental beeyotch, and i'm pretty certain i've admitted it on this very board before. i don't like it, and i don't do it intentionally, but it usually happens before i can stop it. i feel guilty most times for thinking the things i do, so i'm not a sociopath. it's the people who claim to be so holier than thou that scare me. love me or leave me, but at least I admit my faults and you know where you stand.

i do look at what others are buying - i'm nosy. and it drives me nuts to see a skinny person buying all the foods i used to love to eat. because i'm jealous. *I* wanna be able to eat cheetos and not blow up like a naughty doll overnight. *I* wanna be able to drink chocolate milk and not have gastric issues. sure meat is yummy, but sometimes i wanna eat something naughty and not have an obvious visual price to pay.
  #93   ^
Old Tue, May-04-10, 17:39

Plan: Atkins ~ DANDR
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:it is going down!
Progress: 0%

I too observe grocery carts ~ big whoopie! It is just regular ol people watching ~ which we all do. I don't care if you say you don't aparently you do since your on this board and replying or asking questions to find out what is working for someone else. Looking to see what's in a cart and even making a comment about it in a public forum does not make you judgemental. GEESH! It's just talk. Now... if it rubs you the wrong way, find out why. Most times, it is something internal more then what you read somewhere.
  #94   ^
Old Tue, May-04-10, 17:57
Registered Member

Plan: none in particular
Stats: 229/210.2/160 Female 63 INCHES
BF:???
Progress: 27%

OOOOPS! i did not know that caps= screaming

I just dont like judging people or being judged..nicely or not.
People judge eachother for being overweight among other things. I am sure I have been judged because of my weight and because of the food choices i have done in the past. I would just hate looking at overweight people and judging them as I and many of you have been in the past. Didn't mean to stirr anything or appear over the top with my opinion, just speaking my mind.
  #95   ^
Old Tue, May-04-10, 18:13
Grease is the word!

Plan: PSMF/IF
Stats: 236/181/180 Male 72 inches
BF:disappearing!
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeAnn
They took that out? I thought it was probably a huge money maker for them. I hope they don't take ours out.
Mike, is Alamo City a nickname for San Antonio or is it a separate town? We love SA and have visited there a lot.
This thread has really taken off. San Antonio or "Alamo City", what we don't like to hear is "San Antone"
  #96   ^
Old Tue, May-04-10, 18:37
The Patient Loser

Plan: LCHF/keto
Stats: 165/159/135 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTLWBY30
OOOOPS! i did not know that caps= screaming

People judge eachother for being overweight among other things. I am sure I have been judged because of my weight and because of the food choices i have done in the past. I would just hate looking at overweight people and judging them as I and many of you have been in the past. Didn't mean to stirr anything or appear over the top with my opinion, just speaking my mind.

judge (jj)
v. judged, judg·ing, judg·es
v.tr.
1. To form an opinion or estimation of after careful consideration: judge heights; judging character.
a. Law To hear and decide on in a court of law; try: judge a case.
b. Obsolete To pass sentence on; condemn.
c. To act as one appointed to decide the winners of: judge an essay contest.
3. To determine or declare after consideration or deliberation.

I think it takes a lot more to judge a person than looking in their cart and deciding that the food they are eating is unhealthy. It seems to me that judging has a flavor of making a final estimation of who that person is, not what they do.

Having said that, I do think it's kind of weird how nosy we can be, but I sort of think that is normal. Probably a better idea to keep our opinions to ourselves, but whatever--it's just a discussion, IMO, and it's great to get different opinions about this phenomenon, seeing as there are many aspects to look at. For all we know, maybe there is someone judging people on this thread and they are getting a better outlook because of this discussion. Who knows.

If anyone doesn't like this thread, it's better not to read/follow it. I know that is true for me!
  #97   ^
Old Tue, May-04-10, 18:41
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTLWBY30

'Scuse my skepticism but if you're a human being, you judge people.

Of course we judge one another. We live in groups and all have notions of how humans should behave, we have values and this concept called a "justice system" which is based on judging whether or not people are harming one another, or sometimes themselves.

It'd be truly weird to live where people don't judge one another.

Oh, you murdered someone? Who am I to judge? Maybe they deserved it. Oh, you crashed an Amtrack train because you were busy texting and killed 20 people? No worries, accidents happen.

I think the only way you can escape being "judged" is by living alone, very far from other people. And rabbits. Rabbits are far worse than people. They disapprove of everything.

This rabbit disapproves of this posting.
  #98   ^
Old Tue, May-04-10, 18:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonebrine
Ha Ha! MEEEE TOOOOO!!!!!

Mee too, too! Though the last 50 pounds or so were packed on while, and at the same time, I was under the care of a registered dietitian. Beans, oats and Barely was her motto. And anything was good in moderation. Sugar covered chocolate iced, cream filled chocolaty chocolate bombs were fine!

I do always caution myself to remember the man in the mirror when I am cart watching...there but by the grace of God go I.
  #99   ^
Old Tue, May-04-10, 20:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/165/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 64%

Quote:

that is one stuck up looking rabbit. lmao!
  #100   ^
Old Tue, May-04-10, 23:11

Stats: 291/240/210 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:

Question (after reading another reply) Do you bother looking in skinny peoples carts or are you merely seeing a fat person then quickly drawn to look in their cart for confirmation of your suspicions that what is inside is the cause of their Obesity?

I see skinny people everywhere piling their carts with the same crap you seen in the "Fat couples" cart...

Do you think *God, that skinny person should not be eating all that stuff* or is it only when you see fat people buying it that it disturbs you?
  #101   ^
Old Tue, May-04-10, 23:28

Stats: 291/240/210 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDweller

Also I wonder if we're right. Or if there's some other answer that no one has thought of. Why can some people stuff themselves with carby junk and never gain an ounce, while I am struggling with this WOE? I know that if tomorrow I gave this up and started in with donuts and potatoes and rice and pasta, I would be 300 pounds by Christmas, but why do I fight and others don't have to?

I feel the same way friend, and on my worst days I actually find myself in tears over how unfair the hand I was dealt has truly become...
  #102   ^
Old Wed, May-05-10, 06:47

Plan: Atkins OWL Rung 4/ IF
Stats: 135/125/115 Female 5'4
BF:19% (approx)
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by black57
I ofen wonder what people think when they see my cart with red meat, avocadoes, heavy whipping cream, veggies from the produce section, bacon, eggs.

I KNOW what people think because they TELL me.

"You eat all that junk and don't gain weight?" I've gotten this ~ the grocery and at the office. I used to just smile, but now I say, "Well, I don't eat sugar or bread."

I work and shop at a pretty low income area, most of them native Spanish speakers. The low carb craze....or frankly any sort of scientific innovation outside of penicillin has completely passed them by. They just believe what the government says. It is sad.

The weight difference between the classes is startling. When I moved from white collar to blue collar industry I noticed it right away. EVERYONE in my old office was thin, into the low carb or mod carb or low GI or whatever. Half the people at my work are FAT or at least overweight and I have NEVER heard one person say anything about watching their weight, much less low carb. The fridge is full of box dinners, bread and soda. Lots of rice and beans too.
  #103   ^
Old Wed, May-05-10, 06:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by wykitt23
I feel the same way friend, and on my worst days I actually find myself in tears over how unfair the hand I was dealt has truly become...

Really? In tears? Fair's for hippies.

And here's a secret. Us thin people watch our weight ALL the time.

ALL the time.

Especially a woman. So next time you see some skinny bitch munching down on a croissant and a coke and you're brought to tears because life is just so unfair, please keep in mind that she'll have a small salad for lunch and maybe a nice icy cup of water for dinner.

You're the lucky one. You discovered a way of eating that keeps you from starving and slows the aging process.
  #104   ^
Old Wed, May-05-10, 06:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC

Of course we judge one another. We live in groups and all have notions of how humans should behave, we have values and this concept called a "justice system" which is based on judging whether or not people are harming one another, or sometimes themselves.

Oh, you murdered someone? Who am I to judge? Maybe they deserved it. Oh, you crashed an Amtrack train because you were busy texting and killed 20 people? No worries, accidents happen.

I think the only way you can escape being "judged" is by living alone, very far from other people. And rabbits. Rabbits are far worse than people. They disapprove of everything.

+1 <3

Sometimes it's necessary to point out the faults in stupid platitudes. Kudos.
  #105   ^
Old Wed, May-05-10, 08:57
Registered Member

Plan: standard low-carb
Stats: 200/192/165 Male 6 feet
BF:
Progress: 23%

Quote:

THANK YOU FOR SAYING WHAT I WAS THINKING.

Most of the people on this forum are either heavy or were heavy at one time. That being said, I can see why some of us are really sensitive to judgement. Still, it's human nature to judge others, otherwise you're just plain apathetic.

Besides... to call someone judgemental is... well... judgemental! Try and get your heads around that LMAO!