Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-06, 18:56
Going down....

Plan: LC
Stats: 213/192/155 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 36%
Default January 9-15

MONDAY
20 Min Step Aerobics (PM WO)
8 Min Abs
8 Min Arms
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Fri, Jun-30-06, 10:36
Going down....

BF:
Default Here we go...AGAIN.

Ok, since my weight is STUCK, STUCK, STUCK I am going to do my best to jump start it with extra workouts. So far today....

FRIDAY
The Firm-Cardio Burn (did parts of it twice)
The Firm-Sculpt
The Firm-Aerobics Plus (only did 3/4)
**I think each of these is about 45 min...

I would also like to do some ab work today. Hopefully 8 Min Abs and something else. Not sure about walking. It's so hot and humid. I should have done it earlier in the day....Maybe late this evening...7 or so.

Last edited by A~Hope~ : Fri, Jun-30-06 at 13:11.
  #93   ^
Old Sat, Jul-01-06, 06:59
Going down....

BF:

Why, why, why?!?!?! Weight was up to 206.8 this morning!! Highest all week! HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?!?!?!

Didnt' end up doing anything else workout wise. It was still 83 at 8:30 last night and SO humid. Cleaned the house a bit, did some AHA stuff while Nick played outside....

Off to get a workout in, hopefully 2, then shower, then finish cleaning the kitchen and spare room while Nick naps, then run some errands, pick up Abby, come home....

WORKOUTS~
Power 90
The Firm-Aerobics
The Firm-Cardio

Last edited by A~Hope~ : Sat, Jul-01-06 at 09:50.
  #94   ^
Old Wed, Jul-05-06, 14:26
Going down....

BF:

The Firm~Cardio
The Firm~Aerobics (new, so stumbled through it)

Got the new TransFirmer today. I am excited about it, but HATE learning a new program! I am such a klutz and learning new footwork takes me forever!

It's a gorgeous day today. I should walk, but will skip it. I did a chemical peel so I need to stay out of the sun.

Last edited by A~Hope~ : Thu, Jul-06-06 at 10:47.
  #95   ^
Old Wed, Jul-05-06, 22:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/185.5/125 Female 59 inches
BF:

Excuse me for butting in....but I see you do The Firm....I do to! I love it! What do you think of it? (I have the sculpt series one and two....)
  #96   ^
Old Thu, Jul-06-06, 10:54
Going down....

BF:

I am really excited about my TransFirmer (ok, the name cracks me up...) but not at all excited about learning a new video (ummm, actually I should say three new videos, plus 2 bonus DVDs--YIKES). I am just now perfecting the Fanny Lifter series (ok, that name is worse). Soooo, because I didn't want to lag behind on actual effort, I did the Fanny Lifter first, then the a new video, the Ultimate Calorie Burner (or something) and I stumbled through it so will try to squeeze it in again while Nick is napping.

The Firm~Aerobics (FL)
The Firm~Ultimate Calorie Burner (TF)

I should squeeze in some ab work. That is certainly the area of my body that needs the most work....

Oh, and off topic...Allie was/is my favorite instructor. In the Fanny Lifter series, she is the body shape I am aiming for. Muscular yet not thin. She is definitely thinner in the new series. Darn it.
  #97   ^
Old Thu, Jul-06-06, 15:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/185.5/125 Female 59 inches
BF:

I don't yet have the transfirmer....I had to make myself like the second set with the sculpting stick first....just beginning to like it now. Of, course, it's getting easier, especially since I stopped trying to do the leg presses with both steps....I just use the blue now (I'm only 4 foot 11 on top of being as wide as I am tall.....) but I have something to work up to anyway!
  #98   ^
Old Fri, Jul-07-06, 09:00
Going down....

BF:

The Firm~Cardio Burn (FL)
The Firm~Aerobics (TF)

Oh my, I have not felt like that at the end of a workout in ages. I was pouring sweat. Ewww, off to drink some water....

Also did:
Denise Austin's Ultimate Fat Blaster
8 Min Abs

Wanted to get in an extra workout. A little concerned because I hit a new low today and every time I do, my weight seems to bounce back up for a few days...or weeks, doesn't help I will be out of town tonight either.

Last edited by A~Hope~ : Fri, Jul-07-06 at 13:07.
  #99   ^
Old Sun, Jul-09-06, 18:28
Going down....

BF:

So-so workout today...a bit on the lazy/sloppy side. I didn't sleep well at all last night and the workout today was one of those where before I knew it, I was flipping off the TV.

The Firm~Aerobics (FL) did most
Started:
DA Ultimate Fat Burner, decided I didn't have enough time
Switched to Step Aerobics, did about 5 min and got sidetracked....
8 Min Abs (I did all of this while waiting for Nick to wake up so we could leave)
  #100   ^
Old Mon, Jul-10-06, 05:40

Plan: atkins
Stats: 164/146.0/135 Female 64 in
BF:38.5/31/20
Progress: 62%

Hey Amity congrats on the new low.
Hopefully all those new lows will keep you on track!

Hope you are enjoying your time off with the kids.

I can't believe most of my summer is over already.

We finished school at the end of May and I return on August 5.
  #101   ^
Old Mon, Jul-10-06, 11:02
Going down....

BF:

Ugh, no sleep again last night and I am having SUCH a hard time getting a workout in today. I have stopped and started at least half a dozen times. Darn it!!! I was on such a roll! Hoping to really get one in when Nick naps....
  #102   ^
Old Mon, Jul-10-06, 17:49

Plan: atkins
Stats: 164/146.0/135 Female 64 in
BF:38.5/31/20
Progress: 62%

I didn't realize I posted in your gym log before.. but since I am here again...

I can never seem to get in the right state of mind to finish a workout video at home. The Firm videos are especially hard to finish because they become monotonous and I think how that there is no way I can possibly do anymore squats.. please Lord tell that skinny woman to stop with the squats.

I have really noticed that portion control is also key to my success. I suppose that I am lucky that LC treats are not an option for me. My digestive system says no way to the SA's, and is not real crazy about high fiber pasta or tortillas either. I mostly eat eggs, bacon, and cheese for breakfast and fish, meat or chicken with LC veggies or salad at lunch and dinner. I don't get too bored with it, there are lots of options for the main course and lots of ways to dress up a salad differently.
I was just thinking about the difference in the # of calories I consume now compared to what I used to consume in a day. Appetizers, bread, wine, big entree, dessert... I would always get my money's worth in a restaurant. Same thing at home, many times I have eaten seconds ) after snacking while cooking)when DH did not.

Sorry this has gotten long.. final thing... I did not have the tummy tuck. I felt weird about the whole plastic surgery thing anyway, and if I thought there was anything I could have done to improve my bust exercisewise I would have. My tummy and my arms I think can be toned with exercise, and if they cannot, then I don't mind looking like an aging woman with 2 children.

OK... I will get out of your exercise journal so you can record all that great exercise you are going to accomplish over the next few days

Next time I will try to post in your real journal.

Happy Sweating!
  #103   ^
Old Tue, Jul-11-06, 08:33
Going down....

BF:

Quote:
there is no way I can possibly do anymore squats.. please Lord tell that skinny woman to stop with the squats

Oh so true!!! Squats, hover-squats, lunges, dips...and so it goes! I like that they integrate upper body in the workouts though. That's what keeps me going.

The Firm~Aerobics (FL)
8 Min Abs
DA~20 Min Step Aerobics

Would like to try one of the new videos this afternoon. No time now w/2 kiddos to entertain.

PM~
Stumbled through the Ultimate Calorie Blaster...did parts of it twice, but threw in the towel and skipped the end. I HATE learning new workouts.

Last edited by A~Hope~ : Wed, Jul-12-06 at 20:07.
  #104   ^
Old Wed, Jul-12-06, 08:47
Going down....

BF:

The Firm~Cardio Burn ( about 3/4)
DA~Step Aerobics (all but the last set)

I wanted to get in some fat burning aerobics before Ross got here. Needed to get in the shower so didn't finish the last video. Hoping to do 8 Min Abs & Arms when Nick naps and the boys play. Since I am finally in ONEDERLAND!!!! today I would like to get in an extra workout tonight (after Ross leaves and after Nick and I are done shopping). I don't mind the extra workout, what I don't like is having to shower 2 times in one day, and especially before bed. We'll see, onederland may be enough motivation to make myself do it!

PM WORKOUT (desperate not to see the nasty 200 ever, ever, ever again, not even for a flicker!)
DA-Ultimate Fat Burner
DA 20 min step aerobics

Last edited by A~Hope~ : Wed, Jul-12-06 at 19:56.
  #105   ^
Old Wed, Jul-12-06, 19:58
Going down....

BF:

6/26 W 206 lbs

6/27 W 204 lbs

6/29 W 206 lbs

6/30 W 204.8 lbs

JULY
7/1 W 206.8 lbs

7/3 W 207 lbs

7/4 W 206.6 lbs

7/5 W 206.2 lbs (WED)

7/6 W 203.6 lbs

7/7 W 201.6 lbs

7/8 W 203.4 lbs

7/9 W 204 lbs

7/10 W 201.6 lbs

7/11 W 200 lbs

7/12 W 199.8 lbs (WED)

7/13 W 198.8 lbs Down another pound today!!!!
**And that's before I even work out. Which I am off to do.

Last edited by A~Hope~ : Thu, Jul-13-06 at 05:41.