Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-04, 21:25
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/157/123 Female 5'
BF:
Progress: 52%

I am still hanging in there. Today, I was so busy being back to work after a week off and I didn't eat anything until 5:30PM. I had coffee in the AM, and couldn't drink water because I am in the car a lot. When I did eat it was a Atkins bar and a small bag of macadamian nuts. Then grilled out pork chops & had a salad & green beans. (I am not good about adding up my daily totals)
I drink as much as I can after I get home in the evening, but that makes for trips to the b-room in the night. But our 15 year old dog ALWAYS wakes me up so he can go, so I guess it doesn't matter- I can never sleep the whole night-which is not good! I think it would help my weight loss if I slept better.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Tue, Jun-22-04, 06:15

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 149/138/132 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 65%

Still stuck at 140.2 this morning..........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  #93   ^
Old Tue, Jun-22-04, 06:28

Stats: 222/195/160 Male 5 ' 7 "
BF:
Progress: 44%

Still holding steady at 190, maybe just barely under, but I don't have a digital scale. Been doing great on the coffee and aspartame, no aspartame at all, just decaf at work and only had 50/50 coffee this last weekend at home.
  #94   ^
Old Tue, Jun-22-04, 09:59
Registered Member

Stats: 240/165/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 75%

I miss my scale I have no idea how much I weigh or whether I am loosing or gaining. Though the good thing about it is I don't dare to cheat since I can't weigh myself afterwards. Measuring tape is (thank God) to much hassle otherwise I would be addicted to it (and probably measure myself every day instead of once a week :-)
Day 8 almost over for me had a nice fired on butter chicken and a pepper with garlic and lots of sour cream (got the recipe of one the threads and it was excellent)
well ladies enjoy the journey we're almost there
  #95   ^
Old Tue, Jun-22-04, 10:16
Krazy Karb Kel

Plan: south beach/atkins
Stats: 174/154/135 ? Female 5 feet or so
BF:not sure....
Progress: 20%

Well today I am feeling a little down

I did great last week even going out to dinner on Friday. I had Shrimp w/ a few little tortilla chips and a couple of martinis.

Saturday I weighed and was up to 165!!! I was in tears!! Damn scale I HATE it!!!
I stayed totally low carb which is an awesome accomplishment for me 'cause I usually screw up on the weekends. ..but Sunday I blew it. I went over to my Father in laws house and there they were....... Two bags of chips beckoning me.... Please EAT me!!!!

After an hour of boredom I succumbed to the pressure and ate them which triggered carb cravings. I ate a baked potato with dinner and then yesterday started again great with deviled eggs, but couldn't get chips off of my mind all day. I actually drove to the gas stastion to buy some!!! How horrible!

To top it all off, my husband made spaghetti for dinner. Thanks the lord it didn't taste good, so I only had one plate instead of my normal two.

Anyway I'm pretty disgusted with myself So I need all of your support here to get me back on the right track again.

Congrats to all of you that lost some inches and pounds.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #96   ^
Old Tue, Jun-22-04, 15:54
Registered Member

Stats: 182/164/147 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 51%

Deshukel, don't beat yourself up about it. If you get back on track in a few days you'll be back in ketosis and burning fat.
  #97   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 07:06

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deshukel
Well today I am feeling a little down

I fell off the wagon yesterday too, not proud but it happens, just have to get back on it today.
  #98   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 10:35
Registered Member

BF:

Deshukel, Yoda san you'll be fine if there weren't slip ups and carb craving we wouldn't know how hard this is...So ladies get back on the wagon and know that we are here to support you ...
I am doing good with the food but I cheated again last night with diet 7up and vodka ...and then all of my self control disapeared I stood in front of the fridge looking at all of the goodies (after drinks) and just imagined myself cleaning it out but thank god got dizzy at one point and ran to bed...
Today I couldn't resist it (ladies scale obssesion is a real disease and if anyone knows of anonymus scale-holics do let me know I need help and a 12-step program ) Anyway I went over to my friends house just to weigh myself and wuu-huu 165 pounds this afternoon...
I am planing on treating myself on Sunday night and then starting a new round of induction on Monday let me know if you're all interested in continuing...
cheers

Last edited by Ami28 : Wed, Jun-23-04 at 12:52.
  #99   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 10:45
Krazy Karb Kel

Hi there, dear darling Ami

I too love/hate the scale. I actually drove to the gym, checked in on Saturday just to weigh myself and not work out. Isn't that awful!

I don't know what I weigh today. My shorts feel a little looser so hopefully I am losing inches. I have been too lazy to use the measuring tape just like you said.

I ALSO had 3 vodka martinis last night!!!!!

We are two peas in a pod it sounds like!

I would love to join up next week and see if I can make 14 days of no cheats. Maybe I'll even lay off the sauce!

I definitely need to get back into my workout routine. I've slacked off quite a bit. It's so stinking hot here I don't even want to leave the house. It's like 95 degrees even at 5:30 a.m ....

Maybe I'll do a few laps in the pool today.

Cheers everyone. Thanks for your support! Bye
  #100   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 11:11

BF:

weird as it may seem Deshukel and Ami, I had some vodka drinks yesterday too, but I drank it with the diet-rite rasberry.
  #101   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 11:15
Registered Member

BF:

guys (sorry yoda san I thought you were a girl ...I am ashamed and do appologize profusely for mistaking your gender lol...you the man)
how about we change the name of this thread to vodka lovers on induction
cheers

Last edited by Ami28 : Wed, Jun-23-04 at 12:56.
  #102   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 12:15
Krazy Karb Kel

Yoda, I really like the diet rite raspberry too!

Cheers to us vodka lovers!!

OK off to take the kids for a walk and hop in the pool

Ta ta
  #103   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 15:41
Registered Member

Stats: 182/164/147 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 51%

Well, I've been cheating too, so Monday I'll join you for a fresh 2 week challenge because I've got my anniversary and baby's first b-day coming up to celebrate. Vodka isn't my thing, but chocolate is...aaah
  #104   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 05:37

BF:

Yep, gonna start fresh on Monday, just about kicked the caffeine and I have kicked the aspartame but I have to stay off the vodka, I think I need to find some exercise to relieve the stress.
  #105   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 08:58
Lobstergal

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default Howdy ho!!

Well after reading the posts and seeing some others fell off the wagon I don't feel so bad now. I fell off and bounced down the road.....boing....boing....boing........you get the picture.

Actually I somehow ended up at the altar of the pasta and bread gods
and chowed down. I think it was the darn kfc chicken my son brought home that night that started it.

Well anyway like I told Deshukel in her journal I am taking a few days off low carbing and then restarting on Canada Day (July 1). My only problem is as much as I like the Atkins plan I detest counting the carbs. I hate it so I am considering going back on Neanderthin (with some allowances such as diet pepsi). I know I should just stick to one plan and stay with it and not bounce back and forth like that but I really like both plans and except for some minor exceptions they are both quite similiar plans.

Anyhoo, I plan to keep my eating until July 1 mainly LC. It keeps my acid reflux down that way but foir the next few days I am going to enjoy a few things I miss eating....like ice cream and sweet potatoes.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote