Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Mon, Jan-16-12, 12:39

Plan: low-carb/high-fat
Stats: 324/184/150 Female 5.5 feet
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzue
If it sticks around- I will be at 11 lbs weight gain already at 22 weeks

That's not so terrible - my OB was very pleased when I was up a total of 11 pounds around 22 or 26 (I forget which appointment that was!) weeks.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Mon, Jan-16-12, 20:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/208.8/154 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean7
That's not so terrible - my OB was very pleased when I was up a total of 11 pounds around 22 or 26 (I forget which appointment that was!) weeks.

I'm just at 8 lbs weight gain so far. My goal is to only gain 15-20 lbs.
  #93   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-12, 21:49

Plan: mix of Atkins/Paleo
Stats: 218/146.2/133 Female 5, 5'
BF:26
Progress: 84%

Did you finish the crib Jill?

11lbs is great! Im at 20lbs at 21 weeks....yikes. I went back to my gym routine this past week and for some reason I have no self control while exercising. It makes me so ravenous. So far it has been a not good week for eating, but I think I just need to plan snacks and have healthy stuff around all the time especially right after the gym! What kind of LC snacks do you guys eat?
  #94   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-12, 05:50

Plan: Paleo/atkins
Stats: 289/155/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 96%

Well unfortunately I got all of you beat with 30lbs. Good night I gained 30lbs with the other 2 each trimester also!!
I do admit I've been up and down with lc. Back on again! I was feeling down and lethargic and feeling good again.
Went to our local herbalist about the bp. I'm taking a little hawthorn to keep it down. I also had some severe itching after showering and I got some healing oil for that.
Plus raspberry leaves tea for strengthening uterus in the last trimester. I took it with Rachael and had a 5 hour labor and delivery. With bryan I was on bedrest and didn't wan to take any chances.
  #95   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-12, 11:51

BF:

My scale read 203 last I stepped on it, which is tough when you've struggled for so long to get below 200. I'm gaining quicker than the "expected" pound-per-week right now, but I'm hopeful it really is mostly "baby weight" since my shoes, rings, bras, etc., still fit fine, so I feel like it's ALL in my middle. Even pre-pregnancy pants and shirts aren't tighter in my thighs or arms or anything, so hopefully I'm doing okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eirelav
Did you finish the crib Jill?

ha, no! My parents took the paint and most of the pieces of the crib (except the attached changing table - that's still at my house) to finish for me. I protested that it was MY project, not theirs, but my mom said it would be a gift for the baby that they just couldn't wrap up. They are so good to me I will see them this weekend again, as we are going down to their house for Chinese New Year (my sister's husband is Chinese, so his parents will come visit, cook a ridiculous Chinese feast, and celebrate with my nieces).

Quote:
Originally Posted by eirelav
What kind of LC snacks do you guys eat?

CHEESE! I buy store brand sliced cheese that's like Cracker Barrel brand - the little thick slices. If I don't want those, then I microwave some shredded cheese into cheese crisps. I've also recently been making cheese sandwiches - cheese in place of the bread with mayo and other cheeses in between. Yup, I like cheese!

Also, deviled eggs, egg salad (either by itself or *gasp* on cheese slices), a couple breakfast sausages with Laughing Cow cheese wedges, a nitrate-free hotdog with melted cheddar or American cheese, oopsie rolls with peanut butter and fruit spread, plain Greek yogurt with fruit or fruit spread mixed in, nut butters straight out of the jar (peanut butter or almond butter), flavored almonds, chicken broth (I don't like coffee or tea, so this is my warm beverage of choice)...
  #96   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-12, 14:17

Plan: mix of Atkins/Paleo
Stats: 218/146.2/133 Female 5, 5'
BF:26
Progress: 84%

Oh my gosh my mouth is watering! Thanks for the ideas!!!!
  #97   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-12, 15:13

BF:

Jilly- my pre preg weight is 186, so I am in very close to the same boat as you 19 lbs at 30 weeks is very healthy, and at the end, the weight seems to pile on ( a lot of it is water weight, and the baby gains about half a lb a week at the very end). As long as you're eating as healthfully as you can and drinking lots of water, feel god about what an effort your making for both your baby and yourself.

Most of us didn't learn how important eating healthfully/lower carb was until our subsequent pregnancies. You got in on the first try You're miles ahead of most of us!
  #98   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-12, 15:38

Plan: low carb/high fat
Stats: 179/154/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 57%

Haha, I think I've got you all beat in the weight gain dept. LOL My last MW app, I weighed 180. I about died. I've gained 50 pounds. However, my eating has been outta control. Blah. These last few weeks are killer with the cravings. I was up in the middle of the night last night eating ice cream. haha Oh well, I know how to lose the weight.

So, I am cleared to happily go into labor. But, now, this little guy has decided he doesn't want to be born now after all. LOL I'm content to wait and let my body do it's own thing, but it would be really nice to meet this little person sooner rather than later.
  #99   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-12, 14:53

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksgirl
I think I've got you all beat in the weight gain dept. LOL My last MW app, I weighed 180. I about died. I've gained 50 pounds. However, my eating has been outta control. Blah. These last few weeks are killer with the cravings. I was up in the middle of the night last night eating ice cream. haha Oh well, I know how to lose the weight.

So, I am cleared to happily go into labor. But, now, this little guy has decided he doesn't want to be born now after all. LOL I'm content to wait and let my body do it's own thing, but it would be really nice to meet this little person sooner rather than later.

Did you put on all the weight at the end? I'm still at 8-9 lbs (23 weeks), but last time I remember gaining 21 lbs until 25 weeks-- then another 2 lbs a week EVERy week until I delivered at 38 weeks.

Yay for being term!!! It seems like you try so hard to hold them in so long, and then when it's time, they are willing to stick around and cook forever!!!
  #100   ^
Old Tue, Jan-24-12, 15:38

Plan: low carb/high fat
Stats: 179/154/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzue
Did you put on all the weight at the end?

YES!!!!!!! My BP has been up a little so I think that has some to do with it. But, I am amazed at how much I have gained in the last few weeks. It would be nice to give birth to a 30 pound baby (pain-free, of course) and be able to say that "it was all baby". Sighing I saw MW today and she doesn't think I will last another week. My husband is 14 hours away on a job that doesn't end for another 2 weeks. BLAH The thought of doing it alone does NOT appeal to me. But, I remind myself that "I am woman" and "I am strong".
  #101   ^
Old Wed, Jan-25-12, 14:50

BF:

eriksgirl, I'm sorry your husband might miss the birth! But whenever it does happen, all that matters is that baby is healthy As for your weight, do you think you're retaining water? Isn't that more common with increased blood pressure?

My scale today found its way back down to 200. I have no idea how - I certainly haven't been eating better! We'll see how I'm doing overall when I go to my next doc's appointment next Friday.

Weight aside, my uterus is definitely getting to the point of being intrusive to my insides, like my bladder and my lungs :P I'm at the point where I am peeing more often (though I still never wake up in the night to pee, thank goodness), and everything makes me short of breath, even just talking a lot! I can start feeling winded just from some of my conferene calls for work - craziness!
  #102   ^
Old Thu, Jan-26-12, 09:46

Plan: Paleo/atkins
Stats: 289/155/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 96%

Ugh speaking of weight went to doc yesterday. She said she only wanted to see a pound gain in the next month. Told hubby to keep me away from sugar and carbs. LOL I did like hearing that from a doctor. One pound in a month!!! Geeze been doing really good the past few weeks. SOOOO hard today for some reason. My bf is in the hospital and my ex is wanting to "have a talk" Yeah I'm an emo eater.
good news is baby is doing great!!
  #103   ^
Old Thu, Jan-26-12, 16:51

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylakala
good news is baby is doing great!!

Glad to hear it - that is what matters most!
  #104   ^
Old Sun, Jan-29-12, 12:27

BF:

eriksgirl, so sorry to hear that your husband might miss things. keep us updated!

kayla, sorry your ex is causing you stress. is there anything you can do to avoid the stress? It might help your emotional eating. also, have you considered renting a prenatal yoga video from the library? i do it after my son is in bed- it really helps me to chill out at night, then i drink a cup of tea, and it cuts into my stress eating time
  #105   ^
Old Sun, Jan-29-12, 12:30

BF:

I went for my ultrasound last Monday. The baby looks wonderful and was measuring 1 pound SEVEN ounces at 23 weeks. I'm thinking he might be even bigger than his brother (AH!) iIm a bit nervous, there's a mass on my ovary that they want to follow up on after the baby is born.

My eating has been on track -- although the once a week treats have turned into a nightly treat (either dark chocolate or wheat pasta or sweet potatoes), and I'm eating fruit 3-4 times a day.

My current weight is 196 so I've only put on 10 lbs at 24 weeks. I'm pleased with that, thus far. I've really been exercising diligently, and giving the baby plenty of nutritional foods. I feel way better this pregnancy than last time.