Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 06:01

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

Nawchem, you sound like you're having a hard time! Don't you hate PMS? I just get into this downward spiral of self-pity if I'm not careful---especially if I eat the wrong things. I'm not being a perfect KISSer either, but it's a lot better than what I was doing!

Surprisingly, TOM didn't arrive today for his anticipated visit. I may have to change my handle to MamaSara7! LOL! It would be a surprise, but little gifts from God are always welcome here!

Last edited by MamaSara6 : Mon, Nov-17-03 at 06:02.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 08:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/152/120 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 48%

Nawchem you will soon be kissing up a storm. It takes a while for you to get use to it.

Ok for those of you that are kissing guess what it is weigh in day. Show us those loses. I kept my two pounds off!! I am so happy.
  #93   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 09:13

BF:

Faux Chinese Fried Rice

1/2 head raw cauliflower (chopped fine to make 3 1/2 cups)
3 green onions
1 clove garlic, minced
3 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
3 eggs, beaten
Olive oil
Cooked Chicken, beef, pork, shrimp, ham, turkey, etc.

In a wok or large frying pan, heat enough oil to cover the bottom. Fry minced garlic with finely diced white part of onions for approximately 1 minute. Add cauliflower and fry for 4-5 minutes stirring constantly. Add soy sauce, diced green onion tops, and pre-cooked meat or shrimp. Stir to mix well and brown a bit. Push mixture to one side of the pan. Add more oil if necessary to scramble eggs in empty side of pan until done, but still moist. Stir eggs into "rice" mix and remove from heat.

EASY JAMBALAYA
1 medium cauliflower, grated (I used my food processor)
1 green pepper, coarsely chopped
2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2-3 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
8 ounces smoked sausage, sliced
8 ounces ham, cubed
15 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
8 ounce can tomato sauce
3 teaspoons Cajun Seasoning
Salt and pepper, to taste
Cooking oil

Heat about 2 tablespoons oil in an 8-quart Dutch oven or pot. Saute the peppers, celery, onion, garlic, chicken and Cajun seasoning, on medium-high heat, until the chicken is nearly done. Add the sausage, ham and cauliflower. Mix well. Stir in tomatoes and tomato sauce. Bring to boil, turn down to low. Cover and simmer about 20 minutes until the cauliflower is tender, but not mushy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Makes 8-12 servings (8 servings - 12 carbs each) (12 servings - 8 carbs each)

On this recipe I would use more cajun spices and Instead of using ham and/or sausage for kissers use shrimp and or pork. Jambalaya can be used with all sorts of meat. Oh and turkey too good for day after thanksgiving. The sausage gives it a smoked flavor but shrimp will give it a seafood flavor so will be fine.
  #94   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 09:53

I forgot to mention that I lost 2 lbs. this week. Officially down to 177.5--naturally I changed my stats immediately! ;-)
  #95   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 11:21

BF:

Congratulations Sara. I would love to lose two more pounds this week.
  #96   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 13:42

Plan: atkins
Stats: 184/184/129 Female 5'4 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

A quick weigh in... I lost a pound, just one.
better than a gain, I guess.
  #97   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 13:44

BF:

Yes it is better than a gain. Don't get discouraged. So far we have lost five pounds. That's not bad for one week.
  #98   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 18:05

BF:

Thank you amiee!
We lost 5#, that sounds so good.
Anyone else?
Sara, I like your attitude about being a Mother of 7, you must be a really patient, loving person.
  #99   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 05:15

Aimee, you're so positive and encouraging. Thanks for all your support this week!

Maryp--I'm not as patient and loving as I'd like to be! PMS kicked in bigtime yesterday afternoon and I was so ugly I realized I couldn't possibly be pregnant! LOL! And I'm not! I'm sorry to say that I'm relieved, but we just weren't prepared for such an event.

Anyway! I indulged in cheese and cream yesterday to stifle my cravings for poptarts. This week I resolve to do even better avoiding dairy. My consumption this past week dropped dramatically, so I'll see if I can do better.
  #100   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 08:48
Contributing Member

Stats: 195/183/120 Female 5' 2"
BF:too much
Progress: 16%

MomaSara6,

I'm just wondering if you take any GLA. (The GOOD Omega 6). I've read that taking GLA at a daily dose of 300mg greatly reduced PMS. It may take 3 months before your system has enough of it to really kick in and elimate PMS symtoms. It's felt that women who suffer with PMS have a inability to manufacture the fatty acid due to their intense monthly hormonal fluctuations.
  #101   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 10:30

BF:

Hello ladies I am at my new job today and I am loving it. I have a beautiful desk. It is so big. I don't have any work to do. I don't even have to answer the phones todau. Isn't that a blessing?

Sara~~I try to stay positive. We are all in this together. I can't wait for you ladies to reach goal. We are going to throw a huge party.
  #102   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 13:28

Blueflyer---I use 2T of Flax Oil on my salad nearly every day--is that Omega 6 or 3? I can't keep track. My PMS is also much better is I take my vitamins daily.

You know what? I just realized that over the course of the last 42 cheatfree days, I have lost a total of 9 lbs.!!! It comes off so slowly that it doesn't seem like it really is. But it adds up over the long haul.

Now, to stay legal for the last 42 days of the year! I could be down another 9 by New Years---down to 168! Wouldn't that be exciting?
  #103   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 15:13
Contributing Member

Flax oil is very good. It's an Omega 3 called Alpha-linolenic Acid (ALA). Which is the one that we need to have lots more of. Just be sure to purchase an organic oil that comes in a black opaque container. Keep it refrigerated. Light and heat oxidizes and destroys it so never use this oil for cooking.

Omega 6 is Gamma-Linolenic Acid, GLA. Which comes from evening primrose oil, borage oil and black currant seeds.

Just a suggestion. You might try either Atkins' Essential Oils with GLA which are large capsules or to try Udo's Choice Oil Blend which is a liquid, after your flax oil runs out.
  #104   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 15:19
Contributing Member

P.S. CONGRATULATIONS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I too, am very slow. But, I know I'm getting healty on the inside out. I'm losing inches first. Remember we are doing this EACH DAY. We're not on a race.

Can somebody figure up the % about this weight loss?
  #105   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 16:09

BF:

aimee,
Congratulations on your new job!! I am happy for you,especially since you seem to be having a great first day.

Day 9,
I am having a good day. Actually now that i think about it I need to catch up with my water intake. Aside from day, a good day.
My period should be over by tomorrow, so I'll weigh again, just to make sure I did loose a #. though my scale can be manipulated into saying almost anything, I will try not to weigh and re-weigh. Sometimes I think that I get a lower number because I use my scale as a step on-off, 0n-off, on-off... 'til I burn enough calories to register a loss
Dinner will be a BK burger no bun, plain, and a side salad.
and of course, lots of water.
Have a grea day everyone.

Last edited by maryp : Tue, Nov-18-03 at 16:10.