Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#91   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 09:46

Plan: Low carbing
Stats: 345/345/150 Female 5 7
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kats612
Aw Fluffy...we're here to help get you back on that bandwagon, Girl! You can do it and this group in particular has helped to get me so accountable. There is lots of great info in this forum. If it's something specific you have a question about just ask away. Someone here will know how to answer it or will help you find out.

Thanks for the support and awesome words, can't tell you how much it means to me, I'm glad I joined this site!
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 09:47
It's Only Food!

Plan: Ketogenic / IF
Stats: 279/248/210 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffyy
Thanks for the welcome I like that I can come and talk to you girls here and see that I'm not alone, you girls lost sooooooo much weight and look awesome

I know you aren't talking to me! But I'm hopeful.
  #93   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 09:49

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes2
Liz, it's hard to say goodbye. I'm glad it was a good day and evening for you.

Fluffyy, you can call me Blue. As for carbs and stats here are my averages:

April:
Food: 1577kcal (Fat: 116.23g, Protein: 112.40g, Carbs: 24.03g)

May:
Food: 1703kcal (Fat: 116.81g, Protein: 141.54g, Carbs: 20.43g)

I increased protein to see if it would trigger a change. I think it boosted the calories too high for me.

See that's what I have to do too, I have to play around and see what's going to work for me, you've done beyond awesome, I hope to be down like you soon
  #94   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 09:52

BF:

Quote:
I know you aren't talking to me! But I'm hopeful.

Oh no I'm talking about you too, we must have been writing the same time, I see all your stats and I would love to. Be where you are too
  #95   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 09:55

Plan: ECLECTIC LC-MFP
Stats: 321/182/196 Male 72
BF:ABDOMINABLY?!
Progress: 111%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz53
Gotta loss, you are doing so well, weight-wise, but your perspective on things might still be a little skewed. You are averaging something like 3/4 of a pound a day over the 3 months + 3 days. Of course, that is an average, some days will be higher, others lower. Just look at it over the long term, rather than day by day or week by week. And of course I know that you know that weight loss will slow as you progress.

As well as the "digestive" problems - hard to say. You say you were checked out 10 years ago, that's a long time! My dad had a series of "silent" heart attacks and while he chose to ignore them (an assumption on my part there, but he was a typically stubborn guy when it came to medical intervention), they still did harm to his heart. By the time he got a good diagnosis, about 10% of his heart function remained. I sincerely hope that your situation is strictly digestive and does not affect your heart, but as I'm sure you know, symptoms similar to heartburn can be an indication of heart problems. Typical CBC and lipids panels are unlikely to pick them up. Sorry... End of lecture, but not necessarily end of concern.
The average is decreasing daily and is very skewed by my first month's(week's) loss rate. Last months loss rate was closer to a third pound a day

As I said, I had an EKG Monday and was appropriately prodded and probed... I asked about seeing a cardiologist, but am awaiting routine EKG and blood work results... The discomfort goes away after drinking water, which really only makes sense, if it is digestive -- I did some goggling and I expect perhaps some minor GERD, possibly even related to LCHF diet... The water might be washing out the digestive stuff coming back up the esophagus and perhaps get the flap to seal better?
  #96   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 10:00

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lois55
Welcome Fluffy!!

As for your questions about carbs, I think we're all a little different. Personally, I'm below 30 grams of total carbs per day. Fat and protein around 90 grams with fat a little higher than protein, and calories fluxuate between 1000 and 1800. But I'm not tracking right now, so those numbers are a guestimate.

Wow you lost a lot of weight, you're right I'm going to work on what numbers work for me, it may take about a week or so, I may start about 30-40carbs to see and play around with my calories too
  #97   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 10:04

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffyy
Thanks for the support and awesome words, can't tell you how much it means to me, I'm glad I joined this site!

We are too. If you are going to change your plan, I would suggest you choose another you can live with, just so you stick with one set of rules and not try to wing it by just lowering carbs. Dr. Westman's plan is easy (and based off the 1972 Atkins) because it is 3 cups of vegetables, with a few other limits on mayo, etc. It is in the back of Gary Taubes' Why We Get Fat now available in a trade version for $7.99. The rules of earlier Atkins can be found on this forum also. btw, there is a sub-forum for PCOS too.
Wishing you a wonderful time at the wedding though I sympathize with your feelings right now. But you have much to look forward in your coming weight loss journey to better health.
  #98   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 10:07

BF:

Sorry I have to keep quoting everyone's posts, I only have a phone I can type to you by
  #99   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 10:12

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
We are too. If you are going to change your plan, I would suggest you choose another you can live with, just so you stick with one set of rules and not try to wing it by just lowering carbs. Dr. Westman's plan is easy (and based off the 1972 Atkins) because it is 3 cups of vegetables, with a few other limits on mayo, etc. It is in the back of Gary Taubes' Why We Get Fat now available in a trade version for $7.99. The rules of earlier Atkins can be found on this forum also. btw, there is a sub-forum for PCOS too.
Wishing you a wonderful time at the wedding though I sympathize with your feelings right now. But you have much to look forward in your coming weight loss journey to better health.

See that's why I need to talk to you girls I didn't Realised they had that version I'm looking to by it and do my home work, it's good to know that they have a pcos section on this I can't wait for the next few month to go by and I'm glad I have someone to go through it with, thank for that information too
  #100   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 10:34

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottaloss
The average is decreasing daily and is very skewed by my first month's(week's) loss rate. Last months loss rate was closer to a third pound a day

As I said, I had an EKG Monday and was appropriately prodded and probed... I asked about seeing a cardiologist, but am awaiting routine EKG and blood work results... The discomfort goes away after drinking water, which really only makes sense, if it is digestive -- I did some goggling and I expect perhaps some minor GERD, possibly even related to LCHF diet... The water might be washing out the digestive stuff coming back up the esophagus and perhaps get the flap to seal better?

Oh, sorry I thought the testing was 10 years ago, and you'd only had general blood work this week. <summon up Gilda Radner's voice> Never Mind.
  #101   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 11:35
Keto Lab Rat

Plan: Low carb...WB detox...IF
Stats: 240/201.8/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:The Lab Rats :-)
Progress: 42%

It's Talladega racin' today girls and guys!! I know Blue isn't crazy about restricter plate racing, but to me, racin's racin' and I'm in!!
  #102   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 11:39

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Why We Get Fat is the #1 book I recommend to friends to help them understand why LC works for weight loss. It will be very helpful to read it all, but I remembered there is a .pdf of the diet on-line: http://ste.vn/wp-content/uploads/20...t-Fat-Bonus.pdf

The details of the Atkins plan which works for many people is Post #1 on this thread: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=236482
  #103   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 11:44
It's Only Food!

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lois55
It's Talladega racin' today girls and guys!! I know Blue isn't crazy about restricter plate racing, but to me, racin's racin' and I'm in!!

Naw, I'm not into racing today. Plate racing to me is a follow the leader crap shoot. We wait to see who rolls and what numbers come up in the big one. Any time one needs a partner to help them win, it ain't racin'. But.....that's just my not so humble, prejudiced opinion.
  #104   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 11:48
Every day is day 1.

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 249.0/220.6/160 Female 67 inches
BF:Yup. I know.
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Naw, I'm not into racing today. Plate racing to me is a follow the leader crap shoot. We wait to see who rolls and what numbers come up in the big one. Any time one needs a partner to help them win, it ain't racin'. But.....that's just my not so humble, prejudiced opinion.

I don't understand team racing either. It's almost like dirty pool.... and then the 'team' has to decide who will win if it comes to that......
  #105   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 12:00
It's Only Food!

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy456
I don't understand team racing either. It's almost like dirty pool.... and then the 'team' has to decide who will win if it comes to that......

Generally all bets are off for the last two laps, which is when "the big one" often happens. I just can't find anything good about plate racing. Daytona and Talladega are not my favorite races of the year however I will take them over the two road courses. Gosh I despise road courses. Not fun to watch at all. But it's what makes the circuit different. There are short courses (Bristol is 1/2 mile for one lap) long courses (Daytona is 2.5 miles for one lap), courses with high banking requiring different car set-ups, relatively flat banking (Indianapolis), and then the road courses (that wind around both left and right). So I sort of watch the plate races but if I miss them it's no big deal, and I totally avoid the road courses. They can keep 'em.
Closed Thread