Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 18:27

Plan: my own
Stats: 256/239/180 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 22%

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies. Here's a little bit about CAD for those not familiar with it. It's basically a low carb plan that allows you to eat 2 meals with no carbs or starchy vegetables (meat and low carb veggies only) and one reward meal each day. You can basically eat ANYTHING that you want on the reward meal: however it has to be a balanced meal. 1/3 each of veggies, meat, and carbs/starchy veggies,dessert. For me, the plan has given my control. I am a carb addict for sure. CAD has calmed "the beast". No more hunger pains, and no more cravings. I use the Leslie Sansone 2 mi. Walk Away The Pound tapes for exercise. Also I'm down another pound since my last post. I am totally committed to a healthier life style.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 18:37

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%
Thumbs up Exercised...step Aerobics...1 Hour

Hey guys...just checking in with my exercise...

Yesterday....lifted weights...30 minutes...

Today...1 hour of step aerobics...

Welcome to the new members....good luck...

I'm on Protein Power and enjoy it... They basically suggest lower fat meats...and cheeses... I adhere to the meat, but don't particularly like lower fat cheeses...except for mozzerella... Anyway...I feel lighter but am still stalled.... I was eating lots of smoked sausage, bacon, and other processed meats which could have been causing the stall... I eliminated them this week and also decided to not eat after 8:00... Let's see if I can do that one...lol...

Good luck all...

Last edited by skeeweeaka : Tue, Aug-12-03 at 18:39.
  #78   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 18:50

Plan: Sugar Busters
Stats: 149.2/138.6/130 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 55%

Hello All,

I went to the gym today, here are my stats:

30 minutes on elipitacal machine 2.31 miles
20 minutes lowerbody work out

I must confess, I have not been true to the induction these past few days So, MY NEW GOAL is to start (restart my induction as if it were day 1). I was having such great results. It is true about addiction (at least for me) it is better to just give up what is controlling you. I also had a much better attitude when I was sticking to the program. So I am restarting and plan to at least go to the gym 3x's a week.
  #79   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 20:24
Contributing Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 189/182/145 Female 5'6
BF:189/182/145
Progress: 16%
Default hi amiee

Hi
just been on atkins about 3 days. I need the support of my sisters to keep it up. I'm having a hard time finding things that I like to eat just cant go for zuccinee.[COLOR=purple]
  #80   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 20:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/152/120 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Exercise Challenge

Total from Yesterday...130 minutes and 5.63miles (Ketodiva, I adjusted the numbers to reflect the change that I made for you)

Here is the information that was posted after I did the totals earlier:

Exercise Challenge
Amiee3377 30 minutes 2 miles
Skinnyme 20 minutes 2.31 miles
Skeeweeaka 90 minutes
Feebee67 2 miles
Total: 140 minutes 6.31 miles

Cummulative Challenge Numbers
270 minutes and 11.94 miles
We should have no problem reaching our goal. Just look at what we've done in two days. Come on ladies for those of you that haven't contributed to these numbers. Let's move something. It doesn't matter if you walk for 5 minutes, you are still benefiting from it.

**Please check the total that I posted for you. If I need to change something please let me know. I'm tired Good Night ladies.

TOM is starting so my exercise will be limited tomorrow.
  #81   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 20:26

BF:

Welcome Newbie!! Sorry I missed you all.
  #82   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 21:47
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Amiee, you forgot mine!

Quote:
red 40 minutes 2.63 miles

Peace
red
  #83   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 06:12

BF:

Red, I didn't forget yours. You did a new total to include your number so I took your total and subtracted 45 min. for ketodiva to get the new total that is posted.

Thanks
  #84   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 06:46

Plan: Sugar Busters
Stats: 149.2/138.6/130 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 55%

hey Aimee I'm moving but not that fast. I did 2.31 miles in 30 minutes (maybe after awhile I could get it to 20 minutes )

Going to the gym after work. Will put in an update

WELCOME Newcomers
  #85   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 07:53

Plan: Just Low Carb
Stats: 168/158/145 Female 5'6
BF:26%
Progress: 43%

I didn't do my exercise like I was suppose to. This might sound odd but I have PMS bad, meaning that I bloat and cramp a week before AF, and then I'm able to workout during (strange huh)...So forgive me, if my numbers are a little low this week. At least I got to do some Sunday!!!
Take Care All and continued success!!!

Oh by the way I've started a journal.
Please feel free to stop by and comment.
  #86   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 08:11

BF:

Please only count your minutes or miles per exercise not both.

20b430--it's ok about exercising as long as you are moving
How about changing you siggy statement to 30.5 not 31.

Last edited by amiee3377 : Wed, Aug-13-03 at 08:14.
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 14:37

Plan: kISS/Curves
Stats: 319/263/165 Female 67"
BF:49.5
Progress: 36%

Things are going great. I never made it back to post yesterday, but here are the results of my exercise challenge. Yesterday I did the Firm Ab Sculpt tape. Very hard but very good. Only 45 minutes. Today I did the Firm Body Sculpt lower body workout. Only 35 gruelling minutes. But I'm sticking with this with your help. Also, I tend to hold a lot of water--sometimes as much as 10 pounds. It happens after I eat fish or some other foods, but I know it's water so I just keep flushing my system and in a few days, I lose it again. For example, my signature has 265 as my current weight. But in the last week it has climbed to as much as 274. Yesterday I was about to start freak, but I stayed on course, drank water all day and today I was down to 269. By the end of the week I'm hoping to see 265 again or even better 263.

Losing weight has more ups and downs than the stock market. But you just have to keep on doing what you're doing and be patient. It goes down eventually.

Take care, ladies. Talk to you soon.
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 16:01
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Hi Everyone! Hope you all had a great day.

Hi Angelicsim! Welcome! I am glad you joined. Look forward to getting to know you.
Quote:
Thanks for the warm welcome ladies. Here's a little bit about CAD for those not familiar with it. It's basically a low carb plan that allows you to eat 2 meals with no carbs or starchy vegetables (meat and low carb veggies only) and one reward meal each day. You can basically eat ANYTHING that you want on the reward meal: however it has to be a balanced meal. 1/3 each of veggies, meat, and carbs/starchy veggies,dessert. For me, the plan has given my control. I am a carb addict for sure. CAD has calmed "the beast". No more hunger pains, and no more cravings. I use the Leslie Sansone 2 mi. Walk Away The Pound tapes for exercise. Also I'm down another pound since my last post. I am totally committed to a healthier life style.
Feebee thanks for telling us a little about CAD. What kinds of stuff do you eat for your reward meal? I want to get that Leslie Sansone tape. What goes on in the video. Do you walk in place? Does she do abdominals too? What type of equipment do you need to do her tape?

Okay Amiee! My bad, thank you.

Ketodiva, at least you know its water weight. It will be gone in no time.

20b430, I know how you feel last week I was so lazy/beat because my TOM was coming. I also think it's psychologocal too. Listen to your body and when you get your energy back, jump right back in. Hang in there!
Quote:
They basically suggest lower fat meats...and cheeses... I adhere to the meat, but don't particularly like lower fat cheeses...except for mozzerella... Anyway...I feel lighter but am still stalled.... I was eating lots of smoked sausage, bacon, and other processed meats which could have been causing the stall... I eliminated them this week and also decided to not eat after 8:00... Let's see if I can do that one...lol...
Skeeweeaka, Remember a stall is 6 weeks without losing pounds or inches. You body is probably retaining water from all the high sodium meat. So you will see a change now you have eliminated them. I don't know which cheese are lower fat. Are you allowed to have cream cheese?

Hi Skinny! Hope you are hanging in there!

I thought my TOM was done so I weighed this morning and I went down another pound so I am happy.
Workout for today:
Upper Body 43 minutes

Be safe everyone and don't forget to drink your water.

Peace
red
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 17:20
Contributing Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 189/182/145 Female 5'6
BF:189/182/145
Progress: 16%
Default hi all

Hi everyone
Thanks for the welcome I am so proud of my self today I ate bake chicken maybe 3 gr of carbs and pork rings. I also had my first carb solution bar, it made me a little quizy but I'm not hungry now. I am so proud of my self

for my workout:

20 minutes of taebo
20 minutes of walking
50 abd crunches
50 right side crunches
50 left side crunches
and 50 back crunches

kind of scared to weigh my self though I think I'm retaining water.
  #90   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 19:04

BF:

Hi Angel,

I have a quick question. How long did it take you to do your crunches? I need to know the time so that I can add it to the challenge.

for my workout:

20 minutes of taebo
20 minutes of walking
50 abd crunches
50 right side crunches
50 left side crunches
and 50 back crunches