Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 14:59
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Hi Granadino, welcome to the group!

JoAnn, I'm glad you're here. Don't let the mental part get to you.

I've made it through the first half of my day, no cheating. Something funny happened at lunch. I went to the doctors for a bloodtest. The nurse dropped the cotton ball on the floor that you put on after they draw the blood. She reached in the drawer and grabbed anything. When I sat up I saw that she had stuck a maxipad on my arm!!!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 15:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I've decided to run to the store after work and get some L-Glutamine. I've been real strong for the last four days but the urge to eat sugary items is taking over. I am constantly telling myself no, then I try to talk myself into it then again I have to say NO. I read on the forum that L-Glutamine can help reduce sugar cravings. Hopefully this helps, I don't know what to try next. I hate constantly thinking about food.
  #78   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 15:57

Stats: 260/259/220 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 3%

Sometimes I feel guilty reading all of the posts from people who are constantly battling cravings. I haven't really had any problems with my own cravings. I had a HUGE sweet tooth before I started this woe. But since I have started I don't care to eat them. I really can't offer any suggestions to any of you, but you have my support to beat them senseless (the cravings that is)!!! So keep fighting the good fight and sooner or later they will go away.

Good job everyone and keep up the good work!!!

Last edited by 1adothis : Mon, Jan-05-04 at 15:59.
  #79   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 20:18
Registered Member

Plan: Eat to Live
Stats: 200/200/115 Female 5'4
BF:29%/28%/20%
Default Sos.....sos.....sos.....

I'm on day 3 of my TOM, and miserable. Feeling soooo big and bloated -- and feel that I haven't lost anything in spite of finishing up on day 8 cheat-free.

I sure could use some sympathy? explanations about how others feel during their TOM on Atkins?

(I'm just feeling cranky and mopey, and hoping for some encouragement )

Thanks everyone!
  #80   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 20:46

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/223/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Once your TOM goes away so will those feelings. Just keep up with the no cheating and you will get where you want to be. I tend to lose a week after my Tom, I guess I hold in water for awhile.
Keep on going.
angie
  #81   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 21:13
Registered Member

Plan: Eat to Live
Stats: 200/200/115 Female 5'4
BF:29%/28%/20%

Thanks, Angie. I'll see if I lose in a week, like you do. I hope so!!
  #82   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 21:17

Plan: Atkins/Paleo
Stats: 255/233/150 Female 5ft 6.5inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hi all! just checking in....hope that everyone is doing well!!

My son's 13th birthday is on Saturday....he wants Red Velvet cake for this.....UGH!!.....HELP!! lol....hope that I can stay strong and not cave...I may have to get me some cool whip and sf jello or something to get past it....hubby will take the leftover cake to work, but the thought of it being in the kitchen all weekend is just BLAH! lol

have a good one all!!
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 21:43
Registered Member

Adukart I hope the glutamine works. I have been having crazy bad cravings too. Last night I dreamt that I was making a 7-layer hot fudge sundae. It sounds so good too. When this challenge is completed I will have a cheat day, I'll have to remember how to make it. Do they make lowcarb hot fudge? With the ice cream and the fudge lowcarb, the pound cake, marachino cherries and whipped cream wouldn't be so bad.

Lammie-22. Its just your hormones making you feel bloated. Just a couple more days and you'll be back to your normal self. Look how well you've done through TOM.

Wingnut I have never heard of Red velvet cake, what is it? Do you have to make it? Definitely get yourself a lowcarb treat that day and eat a lot of allowed foods.
  #84   ^
Old Mon, Jan-05-04, 22:35
Happy Spring!!!

Plan: Will be starting SBD soon
Stats: 226.5/223.5/175 Female 5'7
BF:34%/33%/lo as poss
Progress: 6%

ok guys- I haven't been ignoring everyone here, I blew my computer yesterday morning and have been out of commision for 2 days while my BF rebuilt it, then I had to reinstall EVERYTHING!!!!

I stayed cheat free and am ending day 5!! I didn't lose this morning, but am finally down to my pre-cheat weight lol.

You all are doing great. When I started this challenge I really didn't think anyone would want to join let alone post much in here, but WOW. We are doing GREAT!!!!

One question- anyone computer savey enough that they can make a different cheat-free symbol that would just be for our challenge-so we know each other even in the other forums and announce to the rest of the board just how well we are doing on our own challenge? Kinda the same concept- but a different color (I've seen green, silver like this one and maybe blue) Maybe a purple or orange or yellow one to signify us that says "100 cheat-free day challenge" at the top and bottom and then the number of days in the center? I don't have a program that can do this but I know lots of people are more computer smart than me!!

Hey I "broke" my computer didn't I I don't think you want me to mess around with a new cheatfree symbol just for us!! lol
  #85   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 05:02

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

nursey15 soo sorry to hear about your computer. My computers are like extra kids, Infact my kids may tell you I take better care of the computers LOL

I agree a new cheatfree logo for us would be great, Hopefully someone on our challange will be able to come up with something really neat for us

Ok last night the dreaded cravings hit me, but I'm pretty sure I'm getting ready to start Tom next Week I always get the munchies a week before) last night I almost blew it, Then I rememmbered the ziplock ice cream. LOL after freezing my hands off shaking it in the ice cubes LOL it did taste good and seem to hit the spot. Today am going to up my water and hope it takes care of some of the cravings

Thursday is my weigh in day, Hoping to drop a few pounds Trying not to make a habit of jumping on the scale.

Have a good day everyone, I'm off to make my beef jerkey

Cheryl
  #86   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 05:14

Plan: Atkins/Paleo
Stats: 255/233/150 Female 5ft 6.5inches
BF:
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Wingnut I have never heard of Red velvet cake, what is it?

It's kind of like devil's food, but a little heaviear....moister, I should say....and I put cream cheese icing on it.....I can either make it, or I can buy one. I may just buy one, because I can't stand store-bought cakes....they always taste stale to me.
  #87   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 05:59
Happy Spring!!!

Plan: Will be starting SBD soon
Stats: 226.5/223.5/175 Female 5'7
BF:34%/33%/lo as poss
Progress: 6%

wingnut- maybe you could ask the bakery in your store to just make a little one or 2 serving cake only for him. I see those little cakes all the time at my local grocery (Kroger) my brother lives in NC and he said they don't have Kroger there but I'm sure you have a store close that has a bakery?

Cheryl- I have someone working the logo thingy!!! We'll see what she comes up with in the next couple of days. I'll let you all know.
  #88   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 07:26

Plan: Atkins+Black Coffee
Stats: 251/250/190 Female 5 ft. 7 in.
BF:
Progress: 2%

Hi Everyone. As I read all the posts since my last visit I just want to say to those of you who are having those cravings, it will go away. I know how hard it is! I don't have them hardly anymore. But when I do I always have some SF jello, SF pudding or that good recipe of Mock Rice Pudding with a little cool whip. We all have to find one thing that we really love and keep it on hand in the hard times of a craving attack! I love this challenge and I'm so glad to see all the posts and support. I don't weigh in except at the Dr's. office every few months. I threw my scale out because I started becoming obsessed with it, "just like I used to be over food" I go by how my clothes fit. I know if I stick to the plan, it will eventually all come off. I was sick and tired of letting the scale control my mood (and it really did for me)! I can concentrate on the LC eating instead of worrying about what the scale said. I'm only saying this just to let you know what works for me! I just look back at where I was when I started and where I am today and I'm thankful for the program and I know I'm better off than I was! Keep on going everyone and don't give up! All we can do is take it "One Day at a Time" and running with it! Have a Great Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kathy I like your Idea about the new logo but I like you and not computer savvy!
  #89   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 07:59

Stats: 256/246.4/171 Female 1.76cm/5.9
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Hi there...

For those who like playing with graphics, there's a very basic and fun webpage that tutors you to make logos and banners for free.

I tried a couple, just to give you an idea. you can try your own ideas at:

www.cooltext.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cheatfree 1.jpg (11.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg cooltext17467350.jpg (3.2 KB, 7 views)
  #90   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 09:16
Registered Member

That would be great to have our own cheatfree logo. Wingnut that cake sounds too good. I really only like the frosting though. In the recipe section there is a recipe for shrimp bake. I made it last night with salmon. It is so good. I'm having the leftovers for breakfast.

I've been whining about how there isn't much to eat on kiss, but I have had my best weight loss ever the last 2 weeks I've been on it. Now I'm thinking I don't mind having fewer choices for a short period of time.