Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#76   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 08:59
Looking 4 Onederland

Plan: Atkins '72, IF
Stats: 284.5/200/170 Female 5' 5"
BF:Why yes it is! ;)
Progress: 74%

Welcome fluffyy and good morning everyone

I am dong IF, intermittent fasting, no breakfast, I eat about 2 or 3, then maybe a snack around 7. The lower the carbs the better for me.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 09:00

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

Is it your birthday, Blue?
  #78   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 09:03
It's Only Food!

Plan: Ketogenic / IF
Stats: 279/248/210 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Not yet.
  #79   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 09:07
It's Only Food!

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Zookeeper could be in this photo of last night's cruise dinner, but who would know? Funny Naughton photo of Dr. Eenfeldt
http://www.dietdoctor.com/the-cruise-begins

The only person who looks remotely like Zoo (to me) is that lady in front, facing the other way, in the zebra striped top and red bobbed hair. But Zoo's hair isn't that dark.

It's too bad they have these things on a moving vessel. Otherwise I'd say we all need to think about having a reunion next year. Trouble is.....I get motion sick and y'all wouldn't want to be with me. I wouldn't want to be with you either.
  #80   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 09:11
Keto Lab Rat

Plan: Low carb...WB detox...IF
Stats: 240/201.8/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:The Lab Rats :-)
Progress: 42%

Blue, for a minute you had me worried that I had missed your birthday.....till I looked it up!!
  #81   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 09:12
Keto Lab Rat

Plan: Low carb...WB detox...IF
Stats: 240/201.8/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:The Lab Rats :-)
Progress: 42%

I thought maybe that woman in the striped shirt too, but as you say the hair was a little too dark.....couldn't see the finger and toenails however. Zoo's short, but you can't tell when someone is sitting anyway!
  #82   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 09:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 241/212/160 Female 5 ft.
BF:
Progress: 36%

Good Morning! Thanks for the beautiful moon photos. We also had a heavy cloud cover so missed seeing it. I hope this evening we will be able to watch it come up over Lake Michigan.
  #83   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 09:35

BF:

It's a dark, damp cold day here. Zoo is on my mind on her cruise. Having coffee on deck early in the morning.....aaahhhhh
Then new ships barely have any movement. In fact, it's one of the things we miss with cruising now.
We'll have to ask Zoo if her sailing was smooth.
  #84   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 09:37

Plan: Low carbing
Stats: 345/345/150 Female 5 7
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
The Insulin Resistence Diet is used for PCOS so that is likely Fluffy's diet, but we need more details. What is different about IR from 1972 Atkins or Dr. Westman's diet which some of us follow?

Added: Just looked up IR, appears to allow more carbs than most of us typically eat.
I TRY to limit my total carbs to 20g per day.

The IR Diet. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=65853

I'm going to do more of the low carbs like you girls it works better for me than the IR diet actaully, this was the diet that my doctor wanted me to go on, but for now I'm going to do the low carbs I have to get something going here ya know ongoing to try around 30-40 carbs a day I think that's about what I did last year when I was losing
  #85   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 09:38

Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes2
serea, I love the one framed in the tree. Well done! They are all good but that one is my favorite. Thanks for sharing that!

We did not get to see it either because of the cloud cover...I would go out and check every 15 min to see if they had cleared but no luck.
  #86   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 09:39

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky7474
Welcome fluffyy and good morning everyone

I am dong IF, intermittent fasting, no breakfast, I eat about 2 or 3, then maybe a snack around 7. The lower the carbs the better for me.

Thanks for the welcome I like that I can come and talk to you girls here and see that I'm not alone, you girls lost sooooooo much weight and look awesome
  #87   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 09:42

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joywas
It's a dark, damp cold day here. Zoo is on my mind on her cruise. Having coffee on deck early in the morning.....aaahhhhh
Then new ships barely have any movement. In fact, it's one of the things we miss with cruising now.
We'll have to ask Zoo if her sailing was smooth.

They will be boarding today, often starting about now so everyone can have that Welcome Buffet! But Galveston is a lovely town (and warm) town as Liz said so still a pleasant coffee location. Agree with Joywas, these new ships are so large barely any movement, but if there is..there are drugs for that Actually the Seabands (accupressure) and ginger work well too.
  #88   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 09:43

BF:

I have to go to Manhattan today for a wedding wish me luck I feel sooooo not like me and fat, I just want to get through the day, the worst part is that everyone is so skinny and I feel like I'm an out cast but maybe it's in my head too I keep telling myself. I do have something to look forward to, I have a wedding anniversary in October so I'll work to get into my skinny dress, you'll find me in my pool this summer heheee
  #89   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 09:43

BF:

GL, I'm relieved to read you had an EKG and blood work done. Otherwise I'd join in on cautioning you to not ignore symptoms. I had no symptoms but shortness of breath. No pain. It was my heart causing it. An EKG showed the problem.
  #90   ^
Old Sun, May-06-12, 09:46
It's Only Food!

BF:

Quote:
They will be boarding today, often starting about now so everyone can have that Welcome Buffet! But Galveston is a lovely town (and warm) town as Liz said so still a pleasant coffee location. Agree with Joywas, these new ships are so large barely any movement, but if there is..there are drugs for that Actually the Seabands (accupressure) and ginger work well too.

I'd have to wrapped up like a mummy in Seabands.

When I briefly lived in Houston we'd go down to Galveston now and then. This was back in the late 1970's. I remember eating at a place called Anthony's, right across from the sea wall. It wasn't a fancy place by any means but they had the best crab cakes I've had anywhere. We also used to buy fresh shrimp. Cleaning those rascals was an adventure. Oye.
Closed Thread