Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: Would I Make A Free Call for Future Access to Liquid Splenda?
Yes, Right Away! 413 79.27%
As Soon As I Can... 67 12.86%
Maybe Next Week... 27 5.18%
Absolutely Not! 14 2.69%
Voters: 521. You may not vote on this poll

#76   ^
Old Wed, Apr-03-02, 19:26

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 170/158/145
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Splenda better watch out!!!

Liquid Splenda, Look Out!! Erythritol is on the Way!
I, too, have called Splenda and gotten both mixed information and total avoidance to direct questions. I have also twice e-mailed full letters requesting explanation, and received precious little in return. So, what to do? LET SPLENDA KNOW that we all know erythritol is coming out soon, is already available to large commercial producers, and is better than, and in combination with, makes Splenda BETTER than it is without erythritol. It is absolutely amazing! It is the most-like-sugar product I've ever sampled, and truly has no after taste. Experimenting with 4 willing volunteers on my day job, not one of them could determine that it was an AS.
So, take heart and be patient, but in the meantime, LET'S LET SPLENDA KNOW WE WILL DROP THEM THE MOMENT ANOTHER ALTERNATIVE IS AVAILABLE IF THEY DON'T START TREATING US BETTER!
Anyway, that's my feeling on the subject.

Splenda dejected and rejected in DC,
j
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Fri, Apr-05-02, 20:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Julie,
erythritol, like maltitol, isomalt, lactitol, xylitol and sorbitol, to name a few, is a sugar alcohol, legally a carbohydrate and a BULK sweetener that has calories, not an artificial sweetener which is non-bulking, calorie-free and concentrated.

Take care in your enthusiasm to eat this product. There are previous posts in our forum on the erythritol, you might want to SEARCH and also to review our TIPS webpage (see the orange menu bar above).
  #78   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 20:24

Stats: 170/158/145
BF:
Progress: 48%
Question Then I must be #3!

Cause I sent info inquiries and requests and the such for Liquid Splenda too, and was told no one in the US wanted it, that consumer desire made Splenda market only granular as the overall favorite in the US. I replied why that was not accurate and got no individual, constructive reply. I have saved the msgs if you want them. Splenda is ignoring and placating us. I presume there is some lobbying effort (by big commercial suppliers) that superceded our efforts, and that Splenda may be locked into some venture with them, and so cannot release Splenda Liquid to us without breaking that distributor agreement. E.g., Lucky Leaf products. Anyway, that's my best guess, and it makes me really, really mad!

Any suggestions out there as to what we might do? We are, after all, the very people the commercial manufacturers are selling these Splenda Liquid products to, so how can we force Splenda to make the Liquid available to us? Any cost issue is a big stinking lie, as we all recognize for reasons obvious. So, where from here?

Julie
  #79   ^
Old Fri, Apr-19-02, 14:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%
Smile I've just sent my e-mail. Thanks for this thread.

Let's hope it gets us some action on the retail Splenda.
  #80   ^
Old Fri, Apr-19-02, 17:53
Registered Member

Stats: 146/146/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Sugar free always has a setback

Hi Atrsy,

I have decided to get used to no sugar period. Splenda has not been tested for long. Bottom line, stay slim and healthy by eliminating all foreign chemicals. You will get used to the taste. Try it for a while. Have a sugar free jello once a week instead.
We must learn to have stronger minds than to let a product dominate us.
We are learning the atkins life style, so we are strong. To me, atkins is forever. I feel confident, strong and energetic when I can stay on it.
  #81   ^
Old Sat, Apr-20-02, 09:16

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

The response I got was that "SPlenda is 600 times sweeter than sugar and you couldn't use that small an amount of liquid". Dumb, eh?
I just went to this website:
http://www.bestbodyproducts.com/supps/fatloss.htm

and found the message that "Best Body Products no longer sells sucralose." I guess McNeil got to them. Darn Or the FDA

Last edited by tofi : Sat, Apr-20-02 at 09:38.
  #82   ^
Old Sun, Apr-21-02, 08:28

Stats: 171/135/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 116%
Default RE: Liquid Splenda and Granular Splenda

In all honesty I haven't read through all the posts of this thread and this info may have already been posted...having been following this WOL since 99; I check LC sites from time to time to see what is new and up and coming in the LC World...

Discontinued Products:

Splenda - Liquid and Tablet Form

REASON/STATUS:
Import Issues.

McNeil, patent/license holder in the U.S. for sucralose stopped the import of foreign (without fillers) variations of Splenda brand sweetener.

http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/farewellproducts.html#gone

Another item that I would like to bring to the attention of folks who do use Splenda in the individual packets...while in Florida I shop at Sam's Club (division of Walmart)...they just recently introduced Splenda on their shelves in the 700 count box net wt. 700 g... I think I paid around $12.00 for the box... a post from another LC board suggests that Costco is also carrying this as well...

Bonnie
  #83   ^
Old Sun, Apr-21-02, 18:59
Registered Member

Arrow This is Why I Started This Thread in the First Place

I just couldn't understand how J&J/McNeil could repeatedly say to its consumers, by email or phone, that there was little or no demand or market for carb-free Splenda (liquid or tablets) in the retail marketplace in North America while AT THE SAME TIME they were heavily leaning on those companies who went to the effort and found it SOMEWHERE (outside the US, in other words) because they could sell it like hotcakes (pardon the carb joke!).

I wouldn't mind them using their legal patent/licensing ownership NEARLY so much if they would just go to the effort of producing the wanted products themselves and stop telling such (as my Brit friends would say) such PORKIES!

Such "dogs in the manger". Really pi**es me off!
  #84   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 11:18

Stats: 185/175/145
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Liquid Sucralose

Does any one know where to find liquid sucralose (Splenda)? I would prefer to use it over the packets because it contains no carbs.
  #85   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 11:25

Stats: 226/198/140
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default i think we all would!

but i don't think it's available to the general public. Look in the low carb products forum. Island girl runs a low carb co-op and she had posted at one time that if she can get liquid sucralose, she would post it on that forum.

Deb
  #86   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 11:27

Stats: 185/175/145
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default co-op

Can you tell me more about Island Girl's Co-op. Where can I find it? I'm new here. Thanks.
  #87   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 11:59

Stats: 226/198/140
BF:
Progress: 33%

Go to the main forum page on this board and look for lo-carb products discussion.

then click into lo-carb co-op

click into any post by island girl and click onto the red/white flag that says Low Carb Food Experts. That's Island Girls co-op and you can read all about it there or even e-mail her for more info.

Hope that helps

deb
  #88   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 12:16
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/186/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 54%
Lightbulb

I've moved this discussion to the Low-carb Products forum for you, so folks in-the-know can find it. There's a "Sticky" thread right at the top of the list here, all about liquid Splenda, and the efforts in trying to make it available to consumers.

Doreen
  #89   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 18:37
Registered Member

Default indeedy ...

Thanks, Doreen, again, for looking out for our folks.

Jacquie, you might want to page BACKWARD through this whole long discussion about the search for Liquid Sucralose (or any unfillered Splenda/Sucralose) in North America. It's quite interesting ... and welcome!
  #90   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 23:46

Plan: modified Atkins/Lean for Life
Stats: 257/235/130
BF:
Progress: 17%
Lightbulb Sucralose

I saw on another board a posting for pure sucralose. And I have seen post from others who have made their own liquid sucralose. I followed a link but the site noted they were not selling the sucralose anymore.
Does anyone have another reference, link or dealer (that sounds so undercover). I am interested in purchasing
TIA