Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#736   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-05, 16:01

Plan: LC
Stats: 266/224/185 Male 72 in
BF:?%/30%/15%
Progress: 52%
Smile

Yay! I got someone's attention! I know you had to be lurking out there somewhere, Lynne! I think it's time this thread got active again. I know I could use the support I can only get from folks who understand me. It sucks when I post a comment about my DH and suddenly 3/4 of the people who were posting in the thread suddenly disappear or better yet, completely ignore me from that point on. It doesn't happen on this forum a lot, but it does on others. But I have to (and hate to) admit, sometimes the LGBT folks (especially other guys) are just as bad when they find out that I was once married to a woman and have kids. I guess that's why most of my friends are Lesbians - they "get it."

Anyway, let's get this thread up and running strong again!!

Eddie
Sponsored Links
  #737   ^
Old Thu, Sep-29-05, 07:11
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDad
I have to (and hate to) admit, sometimes the LGBT folks (especially other guys) are just as bad when they find out that I was once married to a woman and have kids.

Last winter, C and I were hanging with all of these Latin men from Miami. We met one couple at the Opera, and then that couple turned us onto all of "their" couple friends. We were being invited to some of the splashiest parties, I've ever been to. Latins love to party-hearty!

As I got to know all of them, I learned that all of them have been either:
married
married with children
or had girlfriends when they met their partners.. Usually at gyms!

And I too, was in the hetero game. I wanted children, and it was taboo for a woman to have children, as a single woman. I met two men that fell in love with me, and also wanted kids. They also thought they could "flip" me. But alas, that wasn't the case.

And husband #2 dragged my ass through the court system, letting the world know I was a lesbian, and in return, the Honorable Judge labled me an "UNFIT mother" and took my son away from me. He said, and I quote, "Lesbians make UNFIT mothers."

Instead of doing anything destructive to myself, I enrolled in college, got my degree at 45, and figured that God had something else planned for me. That was the only way I could justify the cruel and unusual punishment I was receiving. If it matters to any of you, I raised a daughter before I had my son. So.... being an unfit mother never occurred to me. In fact, my daughter thinks I'm a pretty swell mom. She's 22 now. My son is now 13, and has suffered tremondously at the hands of his father, and the woman his father lives with. That heterosexual couple verbally, emotionally, and mentally abused my son. He's a mess. I have him with me most days, and I'm homeschooling him. This unfit mother has taken her son's education and put it into her hands.. And the ironic thing? His dad is totally supportive of what I'm doing. Unift or no fit, I was the only one that cared about his future.

:::getting off soapbox::::

Enjoy the rest of the week.
Survivor is on tonight.
And....... you should all go to the bottom of this page, when commenting, and hit the "daily email notification button." That way, you will know when someone has posted.
  #738   ^
Old Thu, Sep-29-05, 07:15
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Andddddddddddd another thing.... how are you all doing with your weight control?
  #739   ^
Old Thu, Sep-29-05, 13:57

Well, my labs are all looking sooooo much better (they're posted in my journal), but weight is just NOT budging. But on the up side, as I'm now on 66 i.u. of insulin every night, at least I'm not gaining anything! We have been having work done on the house for the last two months (literally), then we have a Halloween party coming up on the 15th that we have to finish getting ready for, then after that I'm going to try to get back into the gym. Maybe the scales will move for me then...
  #740   ^
Old Sat, Jan-07-06, 16:28
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 340/340/225 Male 73
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey everyone! Whats up?
  #741   ^
Old Sun, Jan-08-06, 04:35
~strange as angels~

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/249/150 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:51%/49%/30%
Progress: 7%

Oh, my! I forgot all about this thread!
  #742   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 11:48

Plan: My own+BFL
Stats: 295/192/170 Female 5'4
BF:46.3/33/25
Progress: 82%

Hi everyone! I’m coming in to say hi!

My name’s Angel, I’m 24 from MI, and I’m a lesbian. Single, too, although “kind of sort of” dating a really nice woman. (why do I feel like I’m introducing myself at an AA meeting or something?! Lol)
I’m glad the thread got resurrected- I need to come in and talk to people who understand when I say something like “I want to lose another 30 pounds before the Pride parade” lol
I’m about halfway done losing weight (55 down, 55 to go!) and finally feel like I am at a comfortable place in my life, and I know this time it’ll actually “stick” I’m on a mishmash of a few different plans…
  #743   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 12:07
~strange as angels~

Stats: 256/249/150 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:51%/49%/30%
Progress: 7%

We have similar signatures.
  #744   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 12:18

Plan: My own+BFL
Stats: 295/192/170 Female 5'4
BF:46.3/33/25
Progress: 82%

hey lol neat!
I got it from Angelina; I just thought it was so fitting with all of the food issues I've been having
  #745   ^
Old Wed, Jan-25-06, 03:12

Stats: 302.0/242.5/165.3 Female 173cm
BF:
Progress: 44%

Hello from Germany
  #746   ^
Old Wed, Jan-25-06, 11:53
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%

Hi again, Wow its been awhile. I'm more or less not dating.
I'm too scared to try dating women and men just find me not feminine enough. What a place to be in. Anywho

I have friends and family and Its not a bad thing
Hugs to you all
Kassie
  #747   ^
Old Tue, Apr-25-06, 14:18

Plan: Good Carbs - YOU Diet
Stats: 234/205/170 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeel

I'm attracted to lesbians because in my experience they have a great sense of humour and are more articulate than the average bear. Having worked in the mental health field, I know a lot of them.

I agree 100%. Although I am married and live a heterosexual lifestyle, my opinion of someone who is gay is generally higher than someone who is not. The most intelligent, fascinating people I have known are gay.

After all, maybe we are all at least a little gay. Perhaps the tendencies are just more latent in some people than in others. It's a thought, anyway.

Last edited by nocarbs4gj : Tue, Apr-25-06 at 14:46.
  #748   ^
Old Sun, Aug-20-06, 10:19

Hi all, trying to resurrect this thread yet again. Anyone still out there...??
  #749   ^
Old Mon, Oct-02-06, 04:32

Plan: Atkins-Modified
Stats: 218/185/135 Female 5'1
BF:41/?/26
Progress: 40%

I am married with 2 children and recently discovered that ive been bi-sexual all my life and had been supressing it. Ive had gay friends and lived with trannies before.. its a bit hard for me to deal with the fact I may never get to be with anyone besides my husband though *sighs* But at least he is open enough to accept me for who i am.
  #750   ^
Old Mon, Oct-16-06, 17:31

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 220/190/120 Female 5ft 5inch.
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hey All

Dragon fly, I can somewhat relate to your story, worst Jamaicans will not accept that lifestyle.

Otherwise I am good.