Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 14:45

Plan: 40/35/25
Stats: 160/160/155 Female 5'10
BF:25/23/18
Progress: 0%

toybox,
too funny! the hips are my problem too! Wide child-bearing hips, so my grandma says!!!

Heres to Pears!!!

theres some great sites for giving info on measurements, I will find them and and forward for ya!

have a great day!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 11:00

Plan: Pregnant
Stats: 318.5/276/190 Female 5 9
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hi, my name is Vicki, you know the one who lost 50 lbs and was kicking LC ass. Then, this thing called Thanksgiving came around and I had something no-no. Then December came and I went to 10000001 parties and ate badly.

So........

2003....my new intro.

Hi, Im Vicki and Im starting BFL on 1/4/03 and I am going to try and lose as much inches and pounds as possible before 4/26

Who else is doing the "official" challenge?

Hope you all had a great new year!!!!!!!!!!!

Vicki
  #63   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 12:39

Plan: low fat,lowcarb..high pro
Stats: 302/175/155 Female 64 inches
BF:52/not good/22
Progress: 86%

I begin my official challenge on monday the 6th. I will be taking my measurements and pictures on sunday. I will weigh in on monday morning at my moms house since I don't own a scale and I am not buying one. I would be on it everyday. I plan on doing two back to back challenges that will lead me to the end of june and hopefully at least 50 pounds lighter. Got on the scale last night before dinner at moms and gained back 3 over all my little cheats over christmas and new years. Not bad but I could have been another 5 closer to my goal. I would much like to be able to stroll down the beach in a two piece and look good. Thats what I am shooting for.
Laurie
  #64   ^
Old Sat, Jan-04-03, 11:17

Plan: Pregnant
Stats: 318.5/276/190 Female 5 9
BF:
Progress: 33%

hi Laurie-
Im right with you! Hey, I have to ask about your name. Are you a chemist? I am a biochemist by training. Just curious.

Talk to you all soon. Have a great weekend.

Vicki
  #65   ^
Old Sat, Jan-04-03, 13:14

Plan: low fat,lowcarb..high pro
Stats: 302/175/155 Female 64 inches
BF:52/not good/22
Progress: 86%

Hi victoria,
Yes I am a chemist. I work for a company that makes air monitoring equipment and I calibrate the units for an assortment of different gases. I love the work and I have a great boss. Now if I can only find myself a man that deserves me I would be all set. I have two wonderful children that I adore. My son(4) tells everyone that my mom is getting skinny, even though he really doesn't know what that means. He does know that when he tries to get away from me that I can catch him now and I don't need ashley my ten year old to help me. I took my measurements today and ashley will be taking my pictures tommorrow. I did 20 minutes on the treadmill yesterday and today because I am trying to lose the three pounds I gained back over the holidays before I weigh in on monday. I am psyched to do this because I know the rewards are worth it. I have clothes size 7/8 in my closet that I haven't worn in eight years. I spent yesterday looking at transformations to get myself pumped up for this. most of the women dropped two sizes in the twelve weeks. That would put me in a size 10 by the end of march and I can live with that. The scale is secondary to me at this point because I can wear just about any size 14 I put on and I weigh 215
  #66   ^
Old Sat, Jan-04-03, 18:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/245/220 Male 74 inches
BF:22%/22%/15%
Progress: 50%
Talking BFL started

Hope i did not frighten anyone with my pics... Man does that put a different light on things... Took all measurements and weight. will see what happens half way through.. Doing the BFL cardio is really a neat way to finish 20-30 minutes on the treadmill. Time goes by really fast, which is good... Havent got into the weights just as of yet. gonna do more push ups and sit ups at home. 2 month old baby boy in the house. hard to get out for a workout. Hope everyone is doing great.

Be on the lookout for updated pics...

jeff
  #67   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-03, 04:32

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

I start my first BFL challenge today. I'm looking forward to planning my first workout. How many of you exercise already, before BFL? How many of you are planning to extra cardio? I think I may do that.

I have been exercising since day one of low carbing, and have had good results so far. My thinking is I may not get the dramatic results I'm hoping for, as the only difference between my current routine and BFL exercising will be that on BFL I'll be seperating UBWO & LBWO now. I hope to have great results though!

Memphis, your pics aren't that bad, mine are worse! Looking forward to hearing how everyone does!
  #68   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-03, 10:01

Talking BFL and LC

Hey DL, thanks for the kind words. I bet your pic at 306 compared to 240 is unreal.. Congrats on making such progress so far. I have always worked out. Played college ball at 295 and now continuous battle with the lbs and inches.

I was LC'ing this summer and stopped, but found that doing more cardio was the key for me. I just started the BFL thing and tried the cardio routine, works great. Try it, it really makes the time go by fast.. I have a hard time with some of the before and after pics, but If there are that many people, then maybe it can work to that extent. I hope, because I am going to give it my best shot.

the best thing that i have found is to take a before pic and hang it on your mirror in the bathroom. Really a great way to motivate yourself.

I did take some supps. for weightlifting, i found that creatine and some form of a prohormone that you can buy over the counter works really good.

keep it up. look forward to the after shot.....
  #69   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-03, 10:34

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hey there LD and welcome to the BFL club

To answer your questions; I'd always worked out before BLF, but it was straight cardio. I'd do 2 forty five minute workouts a day, 6 days a week. And I'd keep getting fatter When I began BLF I wanted to keep up the extra cardio - more is better right? Turns out I was wrong. There's some information on this in the sticky at the top of this forum "Tips and Hints" about extra cardio.

For the first and second challenges I did the 20 MAS and the workouts and that's it. I got great results. My body was so used to moderate intensity cardio that the higher intensity of the 20 MAS was quite a shock - and we all know what shocking a body can do for fat loss

Looking forward to following your progress!
N
  #70   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-03, 17:14

Thanks memphis, I'm looking forward to my results too. Nat, you're my idol, you kick some serious butt! I think I may just do things by the book first time around (excluding BFL nutrition).

I did my first workout today. I had lots of fun, some things were harder and some were easier than I thought. I will do a full detail in my gym log tomorrow! How's everyone else doing????

Last edited by DarkLotus : Sun, Jan-05-03 at 17:15.
  #71   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-03, 19:47

Hey DL, where are you located? Im here in Memphis,makes it tuff to stay on track with all the BBQ and all. Bbq is fine, but loaded down with sugary sauces. Dry rub is very good though...
  #72   ^
Old Mon, Jan-06-03, 06:36

I'm in northern Massachusetts. I love bbq too, we only have one good bbq place around here that I know about, Redbones. I actually like dry rub better than a lot of the sauces anyways!
  #73   ^
Old Mon, Jan-06-03, 08:36

Plan: LC & BFL
Stats: 214/175/150 Female 5'6
BF:will/update/:)
Progress: 61%

Welcome Memphis & DL!

I am seriously trying not to panic here...I have 45 days till our Hawaiin vacation! This means..........................

SWIM SUIT.

Maybe I should do two work-outs a day?
(Just kidding. Sort of.)
  #74   ^
Old Mon, Jan-06-03, 08:38

Thanks for the welcome. Hawaii?? You lucky duck you! Cute doggies!
  #75   ^
Old Mon, Jan-06-03, 09:38

Plan: VLC
Stats: 248/188.8/148 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default Checking in...

You'd think that since I'm the one that started this thread that I'd be here more... wouldn't you? UGH

Well, I'm back, and I'll be around a lot more starting today.

Started the official BFL 2003 Challenge yesterday. Plan on kicking some major but through March.

Lotus, Where is Redbone's? I'm in NE MA too... can't think of where that is... BBQ Chicken is one of my favs though , so I'm really hoping there is one near me!

I do plan on doing some extra cardio along the way... mod intensity though. Never add extra 20MAS's though.... too much intensity will burn you out.

Hope everyone is as psyched up for the new year on BFL as I am!!!!

Talk to you all soon!

Kate