Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-10, 18:15

Plan: Atkins OWL Rung 4/ IF
Stats: 135/125/115 Female 5'4
BF:19% (approx)
Progress: 50%

Ok- last one....finally posted a full body pic in the 'in progress" section. Yikes!!!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-10, 18:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/145/120 Female 5'2"
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleBass
Buying a pair of jeans on-line in a size I've never worn... and successfully shrinking into them. (They were out of my normal size, and they're PURPLE; what can I say?)

I LOVE both parts of this! The shrinking into the jeans, and the fact that they are purple!!!
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-10, 18:22

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopjunkie
...having my wedding band and engagement ring fit again!

They're SO pretty and I was terribly sad that they were shoved in a drawer b/c they didn't fit!

I've been wearing mine since 1980 and I've finally gotten back to where it doesn't appear to be digging in and cutting off my circulation!
  #64   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-10, 18:23

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweny70
Completed Day 5 of C25K yesterday. This from someone who never ran (or jogged, LOL) a day in her life..let alone at 250+lbs.

I'm starting this tomorrow!!!
  #65   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-10, 18:30

BF:

On Friday I came back from the store and my husband of 30 years, whom I adore, was walking behind me to bring the groceries in and he said "dang your butt is small!!!" ROFL!!!!!!!!!
  #66   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-10, 18:32

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTLWBY30
My in-laws talking about how much better i was looking and then just gawking at me when i chose the fattest steak of carne asada i could find and a huge piece of chorizo...LOL

people at work noticing...

I love having people see me pigging out!!! LOL
  #67   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-10, 11:31

Plan: Figuring it out
Stats: 366/282.2/166 Female 5'6"
BF:YEP/YEP/YEP
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyLauri
I'm starting this tomorrow!!!

Awesome!!! Let me know how it goes!!!

I did 3 rounds of Week 1 before finally moving on to the other weeks (I was sick in the middle of that, etc.)...Just finished up week 2 while we were at the beach and did Day 1 of Week 3 yesterday morning on our last day at the beach. From someone who could barely jog for 60 sec at a time during the first week...I can't believe that yesterday I actually managed to jog 3 minutes straight..and twice?!?! LOL! Go figure!!
  #68   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-10, 11:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/241/170 Female 5'4"
BF:40%/31%/29%
Progress: 5%

I have several in just the past week. My youngest son grabbed me in a bear hug and picked me up and swung me around the kitchen with me laughing and telling him to "Put me down". When walking into work yesterday, I noticed my thighs don't rub together any more, even with my baggy jeans on, and just today, I got up out of the tanner and really looked at myself in the full length mirror and was extremely happy with what I saw! How Exciting is that? My husband and I are planning to go away this weekend, including the fireplace/jacuzzi hotel room, and now, because of all of the above, I need to go shopping for some new night wear!! LOL
  #69   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-10, 12:24

Plan: Atkins OWL Rung 4/ IF
Stats: 135/125/115 Female 5'4
BF:19% (approx)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3shewolf8
I have several in just the past week. My youngest son grabbed me in a bear hug and picked me up and swung me around the kitchen with me laughing and telling him to "Put me down". When walking into work yesterday, I noticed my thighs don't rub together any more, even with my baggy jeans on, and just today, I got up out of the tanner and really looked at myself in the full length mirror and was extremely happy with what I saw! How Exciting is that? My husband and I are planning to go away this weekend, including the fireplace/jacuzzi hotel room, and now, because of all of the above, I need to go shopping for some new night wear!! LOL

That is awesome!!! The part about your son made me smile. ^_^
  #70   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-10, 13:42

Plan: Atkins ~ DANDR
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:it is going down!
Progress: 0%

I love this thread more and more because of ya'lls contributions! Keep em coming!

Today ~ dd's 5th grade graduation, one of the office clerks said "Girl, you are looking so good!". To have another female comment, is a big deal to me! I think we are often so critical ~ that I will more times then not be floored by a female comment vs a male one.
  #71   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-10, 14:52

Stats: 266/222/166 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

people in the cafeteria at work noticed. LOL
  #72   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-10, 07:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3shewolf8

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #73   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-10, 07:29

Per the scale I've basically only lost about 6lbs or so in the last 2 months but my pants that fit well just 2 months ago (not tight or loose) are now literally falling down...so something is happening!! YAY!
  #74   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-10, 05:08

Stats: 228/181/160 Female 67 inches
BF:Obese/Fat/Normal
Progress: 69%

Sheila, You did a wonderful thing when you thought of this post! I've enjoyed reading it so very much! Great Idea!!!!
  #75   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-10, 06:30

Plan: Atkins ~ DANDR
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:it is going down!
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenjs
Sheila, You did a wonderful thing when you thought of this post! I've enjoyed reading it so very much! Great Idea!!!!

Your very welcome. Over the last two years I have learned to look away from the scale (Though I completely stare at it every morning ) and focus on what the FULL picture looks like. Not just numbers. But how I feel. I am teaching my kids to look at the positive things inside them, and that they do ~ and I am seeing what it is doing for their self esteem. Now it's high time for me to do the same thing!