Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 14:53

Plan: LC BFL
Stats: 279/155/135 Female 5'5
BF:39/24/<20
Progress: 86%

should be an ok weekend for me. we're having a block party that i've been involved in planning, we're opening our pool tomorrow, im babysitting my 8yo sister (in addition to my 2), so, i should be too busy to even think about food
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-04, 07:53
I'm Back!

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 314/280/145 Female 5'3"
BF:Too Much!
Progress: 20%

Well my weekend was busy and went okay, but last night and this morning my husband and I had a huge fight. I blew it last night to the point I got sick. I do not ever want to do that again. I am not going to let him win! I hope your weekend went good.
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-04, 11:05
The Spandex Killer

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 206.2/206.2/145 Female 5'9.5
BF:
Progress: 0%

Marie -- I'm sorry to hear that. Stress is such a bad trigger isn't it. Arrrgggh!

*hugs*
  #64   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-04, 15:23

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 172/163/135 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 24%

binged again...I think I need to just stay away from all sweet tasting things. The atkins bake mix was so good..I couldn't stop myself from eating too many pancakes yesterday....today the cravings were there like crazy after tasting one bite of the low carb brownies I had frozen in the freezer....I just ate them all :-( What a pig I am! I'm so disgusted. I gained back all of the weight I took off this month (6 pounds) Although hopefully a few pounds are due to TOM visiting.

I got right back on track though....just had a salad...and some jicama. I'm learning that I can't eat peanut butter, nuts, brownies cakes....seems the low carb hard candies are ok and not triggering a full fledged binge...so that is good!
  #65   ^
Old Fri, Jul-23-04, 10:57
I'm Back!

Thank you Cheesypoof, I am trying to get back on track, it is an uphill battle with everything going on right now. Ending a job next week, getting ready to open a daycare and going on vacation! I am taking a two week mental break when I get back on August 14. Sorry about your binge Zippety I can relate, believe me! I have been going nuts lately. I also find the week before my period is when I go carb crazy! So I have been charting my cycle to give me a heads up.
  #66   ^
Old Mon, Jul-26-04, 08:33

BF:

Maybe we need a binge free challenge for the month of August....I'm going for it..anybody want to join me?
week 4 july .........1 binge
Week1 august.......???
  #67   ^
Old Mon, Jul-26-04, 08:41
The Spandex Killer

BF:

Sure, I really like the challenges to help stay on track!
  #68   ^
Old Mon, Jul-26-04, 17:16

i am definately in on this one! are we starting today?

guys, i FINALLY think i've figured out the way to beat the binge. after reading a ton of books, i think i've got it. and i'll let u know what my progress is. the problem is... for me anyways... when i binge, i binge on things like jello, string cheeze, & nuts... u would think all these things being LC, it would be ok, but all these things trigger an opiate effect in the brain by releasing seratonin, which MAKES us want more and more and more. its a physical reaction, not an emotional one. granted, the origional point was eating from stress, boredum, etc, but what keeps us going is the seratonin. so, im thinking (hoping) that rather than grab for a handful of nuts next time i want to binge... if i cant control myself any other way, im going to binge on lettuce or something. of course, im going to try to mentally deal with myself first, but if im pressed to the point of caving, im reaching for the veggies, NOT the crap carbs. you could literally eat a head of lettuce or broccoli and be much better off. plus, these things dont cause the immediate release of seratonin, therefore, im not going to be satisfied with eating to relieve stress anymore, therefore, maybe i can break the habit.

anyways, lets either start today or sunday, aug 1st cuz yesturday wasnt that great...

went out to eat & even tho it was LC, i had a big steak, big salad, & a big bowl of chili... too much for 1 meal. damn those carbs
  #69   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-04, 05:19

welp, i suck. i binged last night. nuts, jello, string cheese, and an atkins ice cream bar. its so frustrating. especially now when i know what my problem is, im totally concious of what im doing and i do it anyways. it was so much easier when i was ignorant and didnt care. this sucks. im so upset with myself. i have no control sometimes. knowing what you have to do and actually doing it are two totally seperate things. dammit. i suck.
  #70   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-04, 13:29
The Spandex Killer

BF:

*hugs jemman*

It isn't always as easy as knowing exactly what the problem is. Behavior modification can be very difficult, unfortunately.

You don't suck. You're just human like the rest of us.

*more hugs*
  #71   ^
Old Wed, Jul-28-04, 14:37

thank you sweets. i remind myself of alice in wonderland or something "i give myself very good advice... but i very seldom follow it... that explains the trouble that im always in" *sigh*
  #72   ^
Old Wed, Aug-04-04, 19:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 208/178/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

Hi all!

I lost this thread for awhile. Just did a search of all my posts and found it again. Thought I would report in..

I am in week 2 of an Atkins 72 challenge from another board. Very strict induction. The first was VERY tough, giving up my low carb treats. I am doing better. Gum although not legal - helps me get through the day. I also have a half cup or so of Crystal light as my sweet treat after a meal when I need it. I should probably get rid of the diet soda, but I need the caffene.

I am amazed at how good I feel and I thought I felt great doing LC.
the posts here make me think back on my binging days. I really can't say they are gone forever. I really enjoy binging sometimes. The high of tearing through a bag of chips or a dozen fresh cookies etc.

I keep trying to remind myself how AWFUL I feel when I do that. That stuff is poison to me - even in small amounts.

Part of my motivation for the challenge is Vacation in 3 weeks. I hope I can keep this up for 3 more weeks and lose a few pounds before we go.

sun
  #73   ^
Old Thu, Aug-05-04, 12:36

BF:

Ok..let's enter our binges for this past week on Monday and just report in each monday this month! Just copy the last entry and add your own to it. We can be accountability buddy's here and become healthy! I love your idea Crystal of binging on Lettuce or a low carb veggie..I've gotta make sure I've always got them in the fridge! Ok here we go...
starting week 2 of August 8/9/2004

zippetydoda.....week 2........
  #74   ^
Old Thu, Aug-05-04, 13:09
I'm Back!

Hi there everyone!
Sorry I haven't been here, had a rough couple of weeks, not binging THANK GOD!! But I was laid off in April and last week was my last week, I didn't take it too good, then trying to get my DayCare Business up and we are leaving on vacation on Friday this week. Man, I am tired just typing it! Jemman, please do not beat yourself up, if I did that I would be a permanent black and blue mark! Listen to Cheesypoof, it's not easy but we are always here for a hug. Welcome back Sun! And I am in for the challenge Zip, I need a challenge to keep me golden thru vacation! I will honestly report back to you when I return on the 15th! Wish me luck!! TAKE CARE GUYS
  #75   ^
Old Thu, Aug-05-04, 14:12

im totally stressed right now. im going back to school, having financial issues, transferring to a new department at work, which requires a month of training, i have to go on a business trip in 2 weeks, which i have NO details about except for the city im going to... my son is starting preschool next month, and my daughter is having medical issues. its making me so sick. not that any of these are excuses, but ive been doing really shitty lately. im sorry to be such a bummer lately girls... i swear im not usually like this. ugh.