Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Sat, Dec-25-04, 06:10
Queen of Bouncing

Plan: Temp - PSMF
Stats: 240/198/135 Female 63"
BF:Who Knows
Progress: 40%

Well, I've already messed up the "upside down" meals but I'm going to start back trying it next week. Should be pretty easy since I have Monday & Friday off next week so I don't have to hurry a big breakfast (I really am not hungry until around 7 am and by then I am on the way to work).

Debbie
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Mon, Dec-27-04, 12:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 219/205.4/125 Female 63
BF:38/36/22
Progress: 14%

How is everyone doing eating this way? Any more results to post yet? Or did Christmas do us all in? lol! I ate legal but had champagne and wine which promptly stopped all weight loss for a few days. I also ate later than normal on Christmas Eve.
  #63   ^
Old Mon, Dec-27-04, 13:44

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

140 lbs this AM!!!
  #64   ^
Old Mon, Dec-27-04, 14:28

Sweet black! Congrats on the loss!
  #65   ^
Old Mon, Dec-27-04, 20:19

Plan: atkins/Thurmond
Stats: 208/151.6/128 Female 5' 3"
BF:??/32.6%/25%
Progress: 71%

Since I did so poorly in my eating this weekend I decided to try this during my reinduction. Today went well, I found it hard to eat so much in the am but a steak for breakfast wasn't bad!! I wasn't really hungry at lunch but did eat some ham and devilled eggs, then 4 oz of pork chop and small salad for dinner, then no snacks. We'll see in the next few days. I have always lost on induction but maybe this will keep the ball rolling and make it roll faster!!
  #66   ^
Old Mon, Dec-27-04, 20:54
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

I didn't really experiment with this the past few days, because of Christmas dinners and all... However, I plan to try this out starting first thing in the morning. We'll see how it goes.

Just out of curiousity, what time do you guys usually eat your breakfast at?
  #67   ^
Old Tue, Dec-28-04, 03:19

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%

You all certainly have my attention. I have to admit though that I did bristle a bit at first about the carbing up! I had just assumed that when folks talked about carbing up that they did it with legal foods! Consider me educated now! I do like the theory that eating a huge breakfast, a moderate lunch, and a small dinner! Then not eating after a set time, depending on what time one wakes up for the day! I remember growing up my Aunt M would say she didn't eat anything after 6:00 PM and that it enabled her to loose weight! And she swore it worked! So, I want to jump on the bandwagon and see what happens! For the last week I have increased my intake at breakfast and am decreasing my evening meal and now feel ready to just dive in and give it a go! Does anyone have any specific advice as to what works best since beginning this themselves? What do you all do if cravings hit? Or just pure hunger? Now I am eliminating the nibbles after 6:00 PM! I am a bit nervous about that though, but feel I can do it. It really comes down to changing a habit don't you all think? I have found that my old eating habits were based more on habit than hunger!
  #68   ^
Old Tue, Dec-28-04, 07:15

Plan: atkins/Thurmond
Stats: 208/151.6/128 Female 5' 3"
BF:??/32.6%/25%
Progress: 71%

My biggest problem was always snacking at night while watching tv. Don't usually do that now and if so it is a piece of cheese or pepperonni. Yesterday was my first day trying the "upside Down" meals and went pretty well. I was a bit hungry last night but I think that is more due to the carbs I had eaten over the weekend!!
  #69   ^
Old Tue, Dec-28-04, 08:39
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

I have that horrible habit of eating at night while watching TV as well. I did good last night though- no snacking after 7:00 pm at all. I got a little hungry (or was I just bored?) but I managed not to eat at all.
  #70   ^
Old Tue, Dec-28-04, 08:47

Plan: atkins
Stats: 186/183/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

Thanks for the tip! I really need it considering for Christmas I gave myself the present of getting fatter, just kidding, but I did pig out a little, so hopefully this will kick start my New Year off right to be slim by Spring!
  #71   ^
Old Tue, Dec-28-04, 10:39

Well, if you are just starting this, you may find yourself hungry at night. I've been doing it for 3 weeks and I still find myself getting very hungry at night sometimes. I have found that the best thing to counteract the hunger is to have some type of hot liquid. At night I've been having something hot and satisfying, like hot tea w/heavy cream. I've also been having (which is REALLY satisfying and actually quells the hunger!) sugar free low carb hot chocolate! I make myself a cup of that, add a dollop of redi-whip on top and it's soooo good and really helps with the snacking urge!
It's doubly good because not only does it feel like you're snacking, but it satisfies the chocolate craving! (And I'm A HUGE chocolate fanatic!) You might definitely want to get yourself some of this to help with the urge to snack at night.
Last night I went to bed and I was STARVING, but I ignored it and sure enough, this morning I woke up to a 2 lb loss!
I'm starting to realize with my body now that when I get extremely hungry at night, I can be pretty sure I'm going to wake up the next morning with a whoosh!

So, for all those just starting out:

-Breakfast like a King, lunch like a prince, dinner like a pauper.
-Get hot tea and/or sf lc hot chocolate for snacking at night.
-Drink A LOT of water, it does help with the hunger.
-Be sure to eat enough during the day when you are 'allowed' to.
-Be sure to slowly lessen the amounts in your meals as the day goes on.
-No snacking/eating after 6 PM (or 7-7:30PM, depending on when you go to bed. I go to bed around 1-2 AM, so I can get away with 7:30PM).
-Remember that sometimes you will be hungry at night. Try to get through this without snacking (water w/lemon seems to help also).

Those are all tips that I've come up with from my own personal experience. I hope they work as well for you, and if anyone else finds anything else that works, please post them!

Good luck to all the people just starting!
  #72   ^
Old Tue, Dec-28-04, 10:49

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%

Thank you so much for the tips! I am officially giving this a go today! I will have something hot to drink while adjusting! Question: could I have shaved ice with diet caffeine free coke in the evenings to fool my cravings????????
  #73   ^
Old Tue, Dec-28-04, 10:56

MissScruff, I don't see why not! I've found that drinking any type of liquids really doesn't affect the pauper dinner at all. I drink soda myself at night quite often, because I'm so busy during the day trying to get in my 96 oz of water that I never drink anything BUT water all day, and I really enjoy my soda! So I have it at night a lot. (I drink regular diet pepsi, regular coffee, regular tea, I refuse to give up my caffeine! )
Of course although I enjoy drinking the Atkins Vanilla shakes, I would never drink those at night because they have carbs and are a meal replacement. But regular drinks like soda, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, etc. I've never had a problem with!
  #74   ^
Old Tue, Dec-28-04, 18:42

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 142/140/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 12%

I tried eating more earlier in the day and less in the evenings last week and saw the scale move down every morning by at least a pound! Over Christmas I gained 4 pounds and since Sunday I'v gotten rid of all but a pound of that! I am definitely going to keep doing this! I have been eating lots for breakfast, normal for lunch and a small dinner as early as I can (4:30-5pm).
  #75   ^
Old Tue, Dec-28-04, 19:08

Stats: 194/171.8/140 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 41%

Okay, tomorrow I am going to do this full force. Today though I ate dinner before 7pm and I don't plan to eat anything else tonight and I'll drink some hot peppermint tea if I get hungry later on. Tomorrow I'll make sure I don't eat after 6pm. So I'll update y'all in a week.

I really enjoy Flax-O-Meal (minus the fiber 2 net carbs) so I will start eating that for dinner, is that okay if I make sure I eat more veggies for breakfast?